Send Topic Print
Its just Islamophobia (Read 6466 times)
issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Its just Islamophobia
Jun 9th, 2018 at 9:27am

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-09/double-lives:-the-secret-ex-muslim-network...

Why else would these people fear the Religion of Peace?

Come on Peckery, Ross, and Gandalf. Explain yourselves now.

And try telling the people in the ABC's article that they have an irrational fear.
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2018 at 3:10pm by issuevoter »  

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Its just Islaophobia
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 9:56am

issuevoter wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 9:27am:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-09/double-lives:-the-secret-ex-muslim-network...

And try telling the people in the ABC's article that they have an irrational fear.

Do we have comparables from any other religion?

I understand Scientologists can get nasty but only when people go after them, plus Scientologists = about 30k worldwide vs 2 billion Muztards

IBI

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:16am

This is in your link-

Quote:
She told the ABC Australian ex-Muslims had a simple wish.
"Ex-Muslims just want to live their life how they need to without fearing disownment, isolation, imprisonment or death," she said.
In one blog post, she explained: "I choose to remain anonymous online because although I live in a western country, I have endured so much abuse and threats from the Muslim community where I live.

Many said it was knowing Islam so well that allowed them to look at it critically.
And they argued that regardless of their reasoning, they should be legally and socially able to opt out of a religion and to be safe from judgement and abuse.

In 23 Muslim-majority countries, apostasy is a crime. In 13 of those countries, apostates get the death penalty

Sydney scholar Sheikh Ahmed Abdo said: "You could easily pick and choose verses from the Koran and shape whatever narrative you want … if they're not taken in a holistic manner."
He said apostasy carried a capital punishment in classical Islamic legal manuals

He added: "No-one should be calling to kill an apostate in lands where Islamic law is not applied."
Where does it say that in any Islamic text?

Quote:

Fighting for the Cause of Allah (Jihaad)

the Prophet (ﷺ) said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "

https://sunnah.com/bukhari/56/226

Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of human rights says these ex muslims can reject Islam, the death penalty for apostasy shows Islam is not compatible with human rights.

The death penalty for apostasy shows Islam is first and foremost a political ideology, you're with us or we chop your head off if you try to leave.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #3 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:44am

Baronvonrort wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:16am:

Quote:

the Prophet (ﷺ) said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "

https://sunnah.com/bukhari/56/226

Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of human rights says these ex muslims can reject Islam,

the death penalty for apostasy shows Islam is not compatible with human rights.

Don't tell the political-LEFTIST camp.

They'll simply respond,        by insisting that you are a 'racist' 'ISLAM-O-PHOBE'.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Its just Islamophobia
Reply #4 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:41pm

Really good article and surprising the ABC has gone into such detail and been so critical of Iswam.

Bet someone has to do a please explain.

IBI

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 7:41am

I suspect something has changed at the ABC.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #6 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 7:54am

Its not so much islam as religion. what happens when someone of any religion rejects it? Religious ppl can be nasty.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 7:56am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 7:54am:

Its not so much islam as religion. what happens when someone of any religion rejects it? Religious ppl can be nasty.

Spot

Do you mean they will stop talking to you, or tell you that you are going to hell?

Or help you get there?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #8 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 12:14am

No one is saying they are not victims and in real danger.

Your strawman is as fatuous as screaming that muslims who are victims of actual Islamophobic attacks are simply victim-playing snowflakes.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 12:45pm

Apostasy corruption and hypocrisy is being practiced by these women, why can't the muzzies torture and kill them?

Or are the verses which call for their demise, all talking about an inner peaceful spiritual struggle as well?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #10 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 5:46pm

moses wrote on Jun 23rd, 2018 at 12:45pm:
Apostasy corruption and hypocrisy is being practiced by these women, why can't the muzzies torture and kill them?

Or are the verses which call for their demise, all talking about an inner peaceful spiritual struggle as well?

Which "verses" are those, Moses?

No, I'm interested as to what your sources for the justification for the attacks on these non-Muslims people.

All we have seen thus far quoted is one Sunnah.  Sunnahs as all academics know are questionable as their authenticity.  Many attributed to Mohammed owe their roots more to local rulers of the period than the Prophet.  Tsk, tsk, it is a shame when Islamophobes, just like Islamophiles, utilise questionable sources to justify their hatred of people.  It really is.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 6:45pm

If a Muslim abandons his religion, kill him.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #12 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 6:51pm

freediver wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 6:45pm:

And the source for that quote is, FD?   Mmmmm?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 7:10pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 5:46pm:
moses wrote on Jun 23rd, 2018 at 12:45pm:

Which "verses" are those, Moses?

No, I'm interested as to what your sources for the justification for the attacks on these non-Muslims people.

All we have seen thus far quoted is one Sunnah.  Sunnahs as all academics know are questionable as their authenticity.  Many attributed to Mohammed owe their roots more to local rulers of the period than the Prophet.  Tsk, tsk, it is a shame when Islamophobes, just like Islamophiles, utilise questionable sources to justify their hatred of people.  It really is.    Roll Eyes

Muslims act on those 'sunnahs'. They do not have mail order doctorates of useless, ignorant, base sophistry like you do, dufus. They murder people for leaving Islam.  Actual people are actually killed by Muslims for that.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #14 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 10:09pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 6:51pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 6:45pm:

And the source for that quote is, FD?   Mmmmm?   Roll Eyes

Muhammad, as far as I know.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print