Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Prominent U.S. Professor - Demons Are Real (Read 5098 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Prominent U.S. Professor - Demons Are Real
Jun 8th, 2018 at 2:54pm

Just his opinion....

Quote:

Prominent Professor: Demons Are Real
Mainstream psychiatrist and professor confirms existence of demons.
Do his claims hold weight?

By Joel Hilliker • June 6

Dr. Richard Gallagher did not always believe in demons.

This Yale-trained psychiatrist and professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at New York Medical College and Columbia University
dismissed the idea of invisible spirit beings taking malevolent and oppressive roles in people’s lives.

....I was inclined to skepticism.

But my subject’s behavior exceeded what I could explain with my training.

She could tell some people their secret weaknesses, such as undue pride.

She knew how individuals she’d never known had died, including my mother and her fatal case of ovarian cancer.

Six people later vouched to me that, during her exorcisms, they heard her speaking multiple languages, including Latin, completely unfamiliar to her outside of her trances.

This was not psychosis; it was what I can only describe as paranormal ability.

I concluded that she was possessed.”.....

https://www.thetrumpet.com/17356-prominent-professor-demons-are-real

Some people, many people,     can't accept that reality can include anything, but that which we can see and touch and comprehend.

There is a lot [surrounding us], which we do not see.

The spirit realm is real.

And not all spirits are benign [nor truthful] in nature.

Be careful.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Prominent U.S. Professor - Demons Are Real
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 3:00pm

Yadda wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 2:54pm:

Just his opinion....

Quote:

This Yale-trained psychiatrist and professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at New York Medical College and Columbia University
dismissed the idea of invisible spirit beings taking malevolent and oppressive roles in people’s lives.

She knew how individuals she’d never known had died, including my mother and her fatal case of ovarian cancer.

Six people later vouched to me that, during her exorcisms, they heard her speaking multiple languages, including Latin, completely unfamiliar to her outside of her trances.

Some people, many people,     can't accept that reality can include anything, but that which we can see and touch and comprehend.

Be careful.

Its what someone has called the residue effect.

This is another common fallacy I call the residue effect – sure, most UFO sightings (or bigfoot sightings, or spontaneous healing, or whatever) are fake or misinterpreted, but there are a few cases that cannot be explained. Those cases are real.

That logic is invalid, however. When you look at hundreds or thousands of cases, you are going to see common things commonly, and then more rare things more rarely. If you have seen a hundred cases, you have likely seen one which is a one-in-a-hundred case.

Rare, however, does not mean paranormal. Rare could mean, a cold reading that was incredibly lucky. Or perhaps the patient (let’s not forget, these are mentally ill patients), happened to hear people talking about something when they thought the patient was not paying attention, because they looked unconscious or in a trance, and then later the patient feeds back that information as if Satan himself fed it to them.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 3:34pm

Just his opinion....

Quote:

Be careful.

He's right.  They do exist.  I've seen one.  Witnessed by someone else as well

They seek to take possession of people.  They fight dirty.  It's traumatic

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 4:53pm

Monk is controlled by a demon.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 9:35pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 3:00pm:

Just his opinion....

Quote:

Be careful.

Its what someone has called the residue effect.

This is another common fallacy I call the residue effect – sure, most UFO sightings (or bigfoot sightings, or spontaneous healing, or whatever) are fake or misinterpreted, but there are a few cases that cannot be explained. Those cases are real.

That logic is invalid, however. When you look at hundreds or thousands of cases, you are going to see common things commonly, and then more rare things more rarely. If you have seen a hundred cases, you have likely seen one which is a one-in-a-hundred case.

Rare, however, does not mean paranormal. Rare could mean, a cold reading that was incredibly lucky. Or perhaps the patient (let’s not forget, these are mentally ill patients), happened to hear people talking about something when they thought the patient was not paying attention, because they looked unconscious or in a trance, and then later the patient feeds back that information as if Satan himself fed it to them.

yep, good thoughts Bojack

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jun 17th, 2018 at 3:47pm

People are going to believe (or try to) what they want to believe

Makes no difference to those who've experienced the real deal

You go through life afterwards as a different person and it makes no difference (to you) what others believe or say in the attempt to 'debunk'

We see and hear a minute fraction of all that exists.  Seems it's that way by design.  We live in a protective bubble

but, every now and then, someone experiences something which falls way outside what is regarded as 'normal'

At that point, the individual has a few options open to him.  He can tell himself he imagined or dreamt it.  He can tell himself he hallucinated or was suffering ill effects from drugs, alcohol, lack of sleep, etc

If he hadn't used drugs, nor drank alcohol, was rested and had never before been subject to hallucination, he might attend a doctor or optomestrist, for example.  Or, he might push it aside and tell himself he was mistaken about what he'd believed he'd experienced

The fact that so much effort and energy has been expended in researching anomalous experiences and experiencers suggests 'experts' suspect there's more at play than drugs, alcohol, sleeplessness, faulty house wiring, underground streams, imagination, fantasy, lust for attention, etc.

Very often, the explanations offered up by those experts are more ridiculous that the experience is said to be and serve only to confuse the issue further

Ordinary people have anomalous experiences quite out of the blue.  The experience is unsought, unwelcome, terrifying quite often.  And most often, it's denied by the experiencer

There are graphs online which illustrate the staggering extent of information to which, as humans, we are not privy.  Animals have a slightly wider perception

For whatever reason, some people, sometimes, become privy (by design, accident or spontaneous emergence) to a vastly wider than normal perception of that which pulses all around all of us, all of the time

Our nervous system is not cut out to handle many of those anomalous experiences.  And our society does not encourage such experiences or discussion of them.  We prefer our protective bubble,  despite that even within it, there are unimaginable horrors quite commonly

It's reasonable for those who haven't experienced the paranormal to disbelieve the claims of those who have.  Those who've experienced genuine paranormal events grow accustomed to scorn and ridicule and generally keep most of what they've experienced to themselves.  Children especially learn to shut up and to conform with the norm

Regardless, however, the 'paranormal' is all around us as it always has been.  We might choose to ignore it, but it suffers no such constraints.  It knows we're afraid because we've proved it.  Similar to men whistling to themselves as they cross a paddock in the dark, or the woman who clutches her mobile phone for safety as she walks through an alley shortcut on the way home.  'Leave me alone.  Please leave me alone' is humanity's plea to what we actually do know is all around us.  And if it pokes it's head out now and again, humanity says, ' I didn't see that.  You're not real.  I'm not going to look at you.  So go away'

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #6 - Jun 17th, 2018 at 4:01pm

But PZ547,
what about people who are affected without their knowledge from hallucinogenic substances?
Stale rye bread can contain ergot fungus which has the same effect as LSD.

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/lsd/lsd.htm

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jun 19th, 2018 at 3:39pm

Bobby. wrote on Jun 17th, 2018 at 4:01pm:
But PZ547,
what about people who are affected without their knowledge from hallucinogenic substances?
Stale rye bread can contain ergot fungus which has the same effect as LSD.

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/lsd/lsd.htm

Sure Bobby.  That's true.  People hallucinate due to a variety of reasons.  There are people seek to hallucinate in order to experience the paranormal and to that end, they ingest hallucinogenic substances or engage in various practices.  Some do because they're curious.  Others do it to explore what lies behind the curtain of their everyday consciousness.  Lots of reasons

I'm gathering that the professor in the OP carefully ensures his subjects are not under the influence of anything, otherwise he'd be wasting his time.  No doubt those who've used LSD and other mind-altering drugs in the past would be excluded from his research because LSD can, apparently, produce 'flashbacks' even years later

So my post concerned those who were 'clean' of drug use, psychiatric conditions, etc.  In other words, 'ordinary' people who experienced the extraordinary, spontaneously.  And such people do exist and are sufficient in number (and always were, throughout time) to warrant science's interest and study

There will never be consensus, not in our lifetimes and perhaps not for a thousand more years, if ever.  Interestingly however, the church presumes to validate certain paranormal experiences and congregations accept those

Most people pass through their life with few if any paranormal experiences.  Some people experience one or two.  And some experience a number of paranormal events.  That's what science is attempting to unravel.  What is responsible?  Location?  The individual acting as a type of magnet to such experiences?  Various stressors?  Genetics?  Multidimensional randoms having fun?

We humans see, hear and experience a minute slice of the spectrum.  It's all most of us know, so we believe our minute slice is all there is.  It shakes us to the core to discover that life as we know it is in fact just a tiny broom cupboard within a mansion covering hundreds of acres.  We feel secure in our broom cupboard, which is difficult enough for us to handle.  Most do not want to explore the rest of that massive mansion, so we deny its existence and we gang together against those who've wandered (or been pulled) into some of those other rooms.  When they tell us what they've experienced beyond the broom cupboard, we tell them they imagined it, or invented it.  We say they were dreaming or hallucinating, etc

Human life is short.  People's paranormal experiences (if they even relete them to others) are forgotten in a few decades.  New generations hear of people's experiences and they too are dismissed and forgotten swiftly.  It's been that way all through time: people describing the same or very similar experiences, most of them to suffer dismissal, ridicule and accusations of mental illness, hallucination, dreams, imagination, attention seeking, etc.  Some experiences of the past make it from one era to the next because they're enshrined in myths and legends, books, etc.  And people are fine with those ancient accounts, because they're in the past and can be dismissed as fable --ancient history which has lost its immediacy and most of all, cannot reach out and touch us in the here and now.  We're told such ancient accounts need not be believed and are simply the way ignorant people of the past understood and described such experiences

There are people in the here and now who have experienced the same things, quite a few people, actually.  Those experiences happened to them.  The experiences were unsolicited and came out of the blue, just as they did to people one or more thousand years ago.  No one need believe them and most choose not to.  And those who've had the experiences thrust upon them are usually left in no doubt that they'd better keep quiet about it or suffer loss of reputation and career, friends, even family members.  So for the most part, they shut up and spend the rest of their lives trying to gain more information about such experiences.  But they do it on the quiet.  Or they confide their experience/s anonymously

Confusing the issue of course are all those who claim to have experiences which never happened.  They do so for attention, most often, or to elevate their own importance.  Some of them exaggerate a slightly unusual event and in time come to believe their own BS.  Others relate an experience which resulted from drugs, fever or brain damage, alcohol poisoning, etc.  Add to those all the individuals who wish to believe they're psychic and will find the anomalous in a piece of toast

Nevertheless, disturbing or interesting and perplexing paranormal experiences of the genuine variety do occur.  But those who've experienced such events usually succumb to defeat and dismissal in face of majority scepticism and ridicule.  People would rather place their faith in charlatans and tv psychic shows, gurus and religious claims

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 19th, 2018 at 4:13pm

And something else, Bobby, while I've a few minutes left:

this and thousands of other online fora is filled with people's opinions, fears, worries, etc.  Endless chatter.  We all do it.  Some put faith in a lottery win.  Others want to believe that an election and hoped-for new political party will put things to rights.  And so on

We argue about this and that.  We try to change other's opinions

but none of it matters

What will be will be.  And what will be has already been determined ahead of time

People, quite a number of them, see the future in advance.  I'm speaking here of those who've experienced accurate, proven precognition.  People who accurately see 'the future' before it happens in 'our' time

It's not a fluke or coincidence.  Humans (maybe all) have the ability to see the future in advance, down to the finest detail, quite often

It's always been the case.  But science can't work out how it works.  They try, using quantum physics.  Very possibly a select few have worked it out and use it for personal or other advantage

Regardless, based on our understanding of Everything, it should not happen, should not be possible

Yet it does happen, thousands of times every 24 hours, around the world

Clearly, we are not the masters of our own destiny.  Obviously, someone else is making the decisions, large and small

but who?  What?

And if our lives are mapped out in advance, what are we and what is the point of our existence?  What is the point of all those thousands of decisions we make in our lifetimes -- to marry, not marry, have children or not, buy a home or not, travel or not, take this job or that, etc?

Will we ever learn the answers?

Do we even exist as we believe ourselves to exist?

Are we little pixels in some computer game?

Here we are, formulating comments.  Trying to make our human experience 'better'.  Hang 'em high.  Eugenics, etc.

But --- and I'm sure most of us realise this at some level -- how can we blame the serial killer or common murderer, if our destinies are decided in advance by someone/something else?  Can we be sure the killer did not hear voices in his head?  Are some people born evil, as we describe them?  Did they have any choice?  Are we mingling daily with creatures which look human, but in fact are not?

Are we just pixels?  Do we exist within a programme written by someone/something else?  How can we tell?  Are there clues?

Well, apart from accurate precognition which reveals the future in advance, perhaps there are other clues to show us we exist within a programme

Man in the US, struck by lightning half a dozen times despite his desprate efforts to avoid it by driving away fast at the mere sight of a thunderstorm on the horizon.  In teh US again, an ordinary housewife has been hit almost as often, once while washing her hands at the sink.  No storm clouds in sight, blue sky, fine day.  But miles away, lightning struck the ground, entered a munipal water system and travelled through the pipes to emerge through her kitchen tap.  Or the couple in Tassie who reportedly won the lottery twice, using the same numbers.  Years later apparently, their police officer son used their old numbers and also won a big lottery prize.  Don't those examples suggest the needle was stuck, the way it sometimes does on vinyl records?  And for the needle to become stuck demands there exists a record containing the song, or script -- scripts for our lives and future

We occupy ourselves with trivia, possibly in order to evade some very big questions.  But as those who've experienced accurate precognition can attest, even trivial incidents are often foretold

It's all there, like a film.  We are the actors who are compelled by someone/something to play those roles.  We tell ourselves we're writing our own scripts, but the evidence proves otherwise

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #9 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 7:57am

.... and living in Canberra.... part time anyway while they ruin the nation for us ......

You gotta admit - the twentieth and early twenty first centuries were all Satan's...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 1:33pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 7:57am:
.... and living in Canberra.... part time anyway while they ruin the nation for us ......

You gotta admit - the twentieth and early twenty first centuries were all Satan's...

Watch out.  You're not allowed to mention their names in connection with anything negative.  You'll be on a list now

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #11 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 11:21am

PZ547 wrote on Jun 19th, 2018 at 3:39pm:
We humans see, hear and experience a minute slice of the spectrum.  It's all most of us know, so we believe our minute slice is all there is.  It shakes us to the core to discover that life as we know it is in fact just a tiny broom cupboard within a mansion covering hundreds of acres.  We feel secure in our broom cupboard, which is difficult enough for us to handle.  Most do not want to explore the rest of that massive mansion, so we deny its existence and we gang together against those who've wandered (or been pulled) into some of those other rooms.  When they tell us what they've experienced beyond the broom cupboard, we tell them they imagined it, or invented it.  We say they were dreaming or hallucinating, etc

The problem is that peoples paranormal experiences tend to reinforce their previously held religious beliefs. For instance, the article in the OP refers to demonic possession, priest exorcism and Satanic rituals. This is purely a Catholic phenomena which suggests that these experiences actually come from the "inside" (although they feel real to those experiencing them).

There is also cold reading and warm reading where people can deliberately or unconsciously ask leading question and let the subjects own gullibility do the rest. Derren Brown did some amazing documentaries on this which are compulsory viewing for anyone who believes in the paranormal.

There is also the fact that the human brain is far from perfect and many of it's shortcomings can be the basis for religious, spiritual and paranormal experiences.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #12 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 11:32am

The devil attacks those that are experiencing mental distress.... Cheesy

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Aug 30th, 2018 at 2:38pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 11:21am:
PZ547 wrote on Jun 19th, 2018 at 3:39pm:

The problem is that peoples paranormal experiences tend to reinforce their previously held religious beliefs. For instance, the article in the OP refers to demonic possession, priest exorcism and Satanic rituals. This is purely a Catholic phenomena which suggests that these experiences actually come from the "inside" (although they feel real to those experiencing them).

There is also cold reading and warm reading where people can deliberately or unconsciously ask leading question and let the subjects own gullibility do the rest. Derren Brown did some amazing documentaries on this which are compulsory viewing for anyone who believes in the paranormal.

There is also the fact that the human brain is far from perfect and many of it's shortcomings can be the basis for religious, spiritual and paranormal experiences.

It's far from being a 'purely Catholic (should correctly be Roman Church) phenomena'

Look it up

In fact, do some research in the topic generally

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Sep 4th, 2018 at 5:12am

Demon is a broad spectrum.

From visual descriptions to invoke terror: horned, hooved, red-skinned, canine teeth.

From the aspect of Alcohol, illicit drugs - possessing a person's being 'addictively' to the point it ruins all else in their life (and others).

From the behavioural of possessing a person's personality and thought process, even their physical health.

From playing AFL and preventing the possibility of winning a Flag.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

The Reboot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

None of your damn business
Reply #15 - Dec 10th, 2018 at 12:04pm

Satan wouldn't urinate to put them out if they were on fire. He favours intelligence and individualism, not the immature schoolyard riff raff of parliament house.

Mr Hanky is their God, more like.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Feb 9th, 2019 at 1:57am

The Reboot wrote on Dec 10th, 2018 at 12:04pm:

Satan wouldn't urinate to put them out if they were on fire. He favours intelligence and individualism, not the immature schoolyard riff raff of parliament house.

Mr Hanky is their God, more like.

Yours is an interesting point of view

Granted, satin is over-hyped and is credited with most demonic-seeming crimes, but amongst those crimes are those which do seem, even to rational people, to be demonically-inspired

So, if we examine some of the more ghastly crimes and if we attribute them to something outside the normal human cruelty and then look at the perpetrators, we discover those 'monsters' to be banal, not particularly intelligent and of course, 'individualism' could be applied to anyone

Even allowing for exaggeration at the time and in the years since, Drakul, for example, would seem, in his cruelty, to be excessive.  Easier to describe him as seriously unhinged.  It's said he impaled thousands and enjoyed his meal as he watched them writing in agony on their pikes

Was it Elizabeth Bathory (yep.  I just checked) who bathed in the blood of her victims? 

here we go:

" Bathory was born in Transylvania in 1560 to a distinguished family that included kings, cardinals, knights, and judges. Though she counted many luminaries among her relatives, her family tree also featured some seriously disturbed kin. One of her uncles instructed her in Satanism, while her aunt taught her all about sadomasochism. At the age of 15, Bathory was married to Count Nadady, and the couple settled into Csejthe Castle. To please his wife, her husband reportedly built a torture chamber to her specifications.

Bathory’s torture included jamming pins and needles under the fingernails of her servant girls, and tying them down, smearing them with honey, and leaving them to be attacked by bees and ants.

Although the count participated in his wife’s cruelties, he may have also restrained her impulses; when he died in the early 1600s, she became much worse. With the help of her former nurse, Ilona Joo, and local witch Dorotta Szentes, Bathory began abducting peasant girls to torture and kill. She often bit chunks of flesh from her victims, and one unfortunate girl was even forced to cook and eat her own flesh. Bathory reportedly believed that human blood would keep her looking young and healthy.

Since her family headed the local government, Bathory’s crimes were ignored until 1610. But King Matthias finally intervened because Bathory had begun finding victims among the daughters of local nobles.

and so on LINK

Bathory and Vlad Drakul were related.  He was her uncle.  It's said the family was thick with incest/inbreeding

Are inbreeding and subsequent insanity sufficient to explain Drakul and Bathory, particularly when it's claimed the family studied satanism? 

Wouldn't demonic influence be a more logical explanation?

As to Drakul and Bathory, where is the evidence of 'intelligence' ?  And wouldn't their 'individualism' consist primarily of their demonic actions?  Apart from their barbarity, what sets them apart as individualistic?  It's said Drakul wanted to avenge his father.  Pretty ho-hum.  And Bathory wanted to remain 'young and beautiful' -- on a par with the majority of pouting nobodies putting their photos on social media

Haven't heard anything about Bathory or Drakul inventing the wheel or setting out to explore the known world to educate the peasants.  No, they were driven by self-interest, ego and spitefulness, which are humdrum characteristics prevalent now as then

A year or two ago, a middle-aged man in South Australia was finally apprehended for kidnapping two backpackers with the intent to rape and murder them.  Most believe there was a police cover-up and the extent of his crimes (and victims) over several years withheld.  He came unstuck, but not before chasing one of the victims over sandhills and ramming her with his 4 wheel for several hours with the intent to kill her.  The story and many like it are common.  He was not above average intelligence, nor particularly individualistic

In most of the horror stories filling the news each day, the perpetrators are ordinary and often subpar -- which is where I believe satin chooses to express itself

All the family annihilators who decorate the news -- described as 'nice guys', 'great neighbours', 'typical family man' (or woman).  In other words, ordinary and nothing to distinguish them other than their ordinariness.  Same with the 'genocidal maniacs' of history -- they're frightening because they were ordinary little men -- ordinary little men who became known for their propensity for mass slaughter, not for any brilliance or even individualism

satin chooses his minions from amongst the banal, the ordinary, the average, the losers

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #17 - Feb 9th, 2019 at 4:45am

dear PZ547,
I suggest that you find these demons and
drive a wooden stake through their beating hearts.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Feb 9th, 2019 at 4:49am

Bobby. wrote on Feb 9th, 2019 at 4:45am:
dear PZ547,

Not sure what you mean, Bob

maybe you could expand ?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #19 - Feb 9th, 2019 at 5:05am

PZ547 wrote on Feb 9th, 2019 at 4:49am:
dear PZ547,

maybe you could expand ?

You never watched a dracula movie?

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Feb 9th, 2019 at 5:14am

Bobby. wrote on Feb 9th, 2019 at 5:05am:
PZ547 wrote on Feb 9th, 2019 at 4:49am:
dear PZ547,

maybe you could expand ?

You never watched a dracula movie?

Now I get you.  But I'd always believed it had to be a silver stake

oh well, wood's good.  Available and cheap.  If bodies start turning up with stakes in their hearts, they'll come looking for you and me

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #21 - Feb 9th, 2019 at 5:19am

PZ547,
it's either a silver bullet or a wooden stake through the heart.
That's the only way to kill a vampire.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #22 - Feb 9th, 2019 at 8:10am

dear PZ547,
drive a wooden stake through their beating hearts

Demons are spirit beings bobby.

And demons seek to possess and subjugate and to 'motivate' men, and women,    on behalf of SATAN.

Matthew 12:43
When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
44  Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished.
45  Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

How to defeat a demon ?

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
8  Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

"It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody."
- Bob Dylan - "Gotta Serve Somebody"

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/bobdylan/gottaservesomebody.html

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print