Reply #15 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 3:17pm

is that your new townhouse u4..

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Re: Sixth Sense
Reply #16 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 4:08pm

Gumtree is the worst.   You list a rock bottom bargain but within minutes you get "What your lowest?" or "What you take?" or "I give you $whatever".

The 'English' always gives it away   Grin

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #17 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 9:15pm

AiA wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 8:10am:
I know some brown people. One woman just this week I thought at first she was Indian or Pakistani was from Ecuador.

What is it about Indians and Pakistanis when they move to an English-speaking country and even though they have lived there 20+ years they have this annoying way about them around money and the cost of purchases? "How much? How much? Why so expensive? You rip me off! Can't you make it cheaper?" Jesus.

It's called haggling
Most countries do it

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 9:19pm

I havent tried selling anything like that lol sounds like a lot of fun though...next time tell them its just doubled in price...sorry!....

talking of shonky?  well we were werent we?  my daughters friend went to Broken Hill so most will know where I am talking about.they went to this place selling a local art work  and bought one of his prints...which was sent to them... when the got it they took it in to have it framed..and the framer told them he couldnt frame it.,.. WHY?  because it was a picture taken from a calendar...it wasnt the print they thought they bought.... after they recovered they of course got on to the place and had the  pic they bought sent......

some people have a real nerve....

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #19 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 9:25pm

wow none of you have meet a old cocky have you, I don't think any of those old skin flints have ever paid full price for anything.... Cheesy Cheesy

I am me

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #20 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 9:36pm

Cheapness must be so ingrained in their culture and psyche that a quarter century living in Anglosphere can't undo it ...

I have noticed Hispanics in the USA aren't usually like that even though they do have that ingrained in their culture as well (somewhat at least) ... It is as if Hispanics aspire to be "white" and try to adapt.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 9:43pm

AiA wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 9:36pm:
Cheapness must be so ingrained in their culture and psyche that a quarter century living in Anglosphere can't undo it ...

I have noticed Hispanics in the USA aren't usually like that even though they do have that ingrained in their culture as well (somewhat at least) ... It is as if Hispanics aspire to be "white" and try to adapt.

maybe not so much cheapness as being ripped off......and we all know about open market places   where they would, sell you the harbour bridge.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #22 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 9:47pm

cods wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 9:43pm:
AiA wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 9:36pm:

maybe not so much cheapness as being ripped off......and we all know about open market places   where they would, sell you the harbour bridge.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You have no idea what you are talking about, cods. Is there something about the word "price tag" that is confusing for Indians and Pakistanis?

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #23 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 11:57am

Gordon wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 10:20am:
I know some brown people. One woman just this week I thought at first she was Indian or Pakistani was from Ecuador.

What is it about Indians and Pakistanis when they move to an English-speaking country and even though they have lived there 20+ years they have this annoying way about them around money and the cost of purchases? "How much? How much? Why so expensive? You rip me off! Can't you make it cheaper?" Jesus.

Many years ago I was parallel importing high end prams and flogging them online. Some of these fkkers were as much as $2.5K RRP and I was selling them for half price.

I used to put the ad up as soon as my cargo was loaded and 50% were pre-sold by the time they landed 3 weeks later. (never get in between a pram and a preggers woman).

Many people would give me the 3rd degree if they were genuine, and some would ask for a discount but without fail, the Indian (and similar accents) would really go hard, and I often used to just talk over them on the phone and say that's the price, call when you're ready.

The thing about the Indians even after the price was decided, they'd still try it on.

I had one hand over the cash, short $100 and stand there wobbling his ugly head saying how expensive it was and could I do it for well. I handed him the money back and said you don't have to buy it.

Yuck!!!

When I was still building, I would not work for Indians ever. I do not like them.
After I had to threaten a client about the repercussions of trying to renegotiate the contract price after the job is completed, and final payment is due.
He started finding imaginary faults, to justify why he should pay less, I told him if he is truly unhappy with the magnificent granite top kitchen and european appliances, I have a sledgehammer in my ute.
I can have it demolished in ten minutes, and ?I will come back and replace it all, first chance I get. That could be a while though, sometime between now and never.

He paid.
I never had the chance to squeeze in an indian client again.
Asians are great clients, decisive, intelligent, and honest, and always paid on time.
I find the fashion of calling indians asian offensive, to real asians.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #24 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 3:02pm

mozzaok wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 11:57am:
Gordon wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 10:20am:

Many years ago I was parallel importing high end prams and flogging them online. Some of these fkkers were as much as $2.5K RRP and I was selling them for half price.

I used to put the ad up as soon as my cargo was loaded and 50% were pre-sold by the time they landed 3 weeks later. (never get in between a pram and a preggers woman).

Many people would give me the 3rd degree if they were genuine, and some would ask for a discount but without fail, the Indian (and similar accents) would really go hard, and I often used to just talk over them on the phone and say that's the price, call when you're ready.

The thing about the Indians even after the price was decided, they'd still try it on.

I had one hand over the cash, short $100 and stand there wobbling his ugly head saying how expensive it was and could I do it for well. I handed him the money back and said you don't have to buy it.

Yuck!!!

When I was still building, I would not work for Indians ever. I do not like them.
After I had to threaten a client about the repercussions of trying to renegotiate the contract price after the job is completed, and final payment is due.
He started finding imaginary faults, to justify why he should pay less, I told him if he is truly unhappy with the magnificent granite top kitchen and european appliances, I have a sledgehammer in my ute.
I can have it demolished in ten minutes, and ?I will come back and replace it all, first chance I get. That could be a while though, sometime between now and never.

He paid.
I never had the chance to squeeze in an indian client again.
Asians are great clients, decisive, intelligent, and honest, and always paid on time.
I find the fashion of calling indians asian offensive, to real asians.

Yup Chinese are very easy to deal with and zero   

We know Chinese, Indians, Pakis etc etc etc are all on the Asian continent and I love how colloquially in Australia we group Chinese,Viets,Koreans, etc etc as Asian and Indians, Pakis etc as shitskins.

It makes perfect sense.

IBI

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #25 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:34am

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print