Send Topic Print
Sixth Sense (Read 2052 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Sixth Sense
Jun 6th, 2018 at 11:58am

I see brown people. They don't know they're brown.

IBI

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Re: Sixth Sense
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:05pm

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 8:03am

Gordon wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 11:58am:
I see brown people. They don't know they're brown.

maybe fake tans gone wrong gordy...

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 8:10am

I know some brown people. One woman just this week I thought at first she was Indian or Pakistani was from Ecuador.

What is it about Indians and Pakistanis when they move to an English-speaking country and even though they have lived there 20+ years they have this annoying way about them around money and the cost of purchases? "How much? How much? Why so expensive? You rip me off! Can't you make it cheaper?" Jesus.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 8:23am

I must be lucky with folks from other countries   the ones I have encountered have all been very nice to me........thats what matters to me   how I am treated....

some of the worst people I have encountered   have been ozpol members...lololol... colour isnt what makes a person behave as they do....

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #5 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 10:20am

AiA wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 8:10am:
I know some brown people. One woman just this week I thought at first she was Indian or Pakistani was from Ecuador.

What is it about Indians and Pakistanis when they move to an English-speaking country and even though they have lived there 20+ years they have this annoying way about them around money and the cost of purchases? "How much? How much? Why so expensive? You rip me off! Can't you make it cheaper?" Jesus.

Many years ago I was parallel importing high end prams and flogging them online. Some of these fkkers were as much as $2.5K RRP and I was selling them for half price.

I used to put the ad up as soon as my cargo was loaded and 50% were pre-sold by the time they landed 3 weeks later. (never get in between a pram and a preggers woman).

Many people would give me the 3rd degree if they were genuine, and some would ask for a discount but without fail, the Indian (and similar accents) would really go hard, and I often used to just talk over them on the phone and say that's the price, call when you're ready.

The thing about the Indians even after the price was decided, they'd still try it on.

I had one hand over the cash, short $100 and stand there wobbling his ugly head saying how expensive it was and could I do it for well. I handed him the money back and said you don't have to buy it.

Yuck!!!

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 1:11pm

your a bad guy gordy.. but that reminds of a garage sale we had a long time ago..

and this Embassy car drives up...blue number plates.. out get 3 Indians... they had a look around  I had a huge pink fluffy  Rabbit someone had given me...we had $5 on it they wanted it for $2...it was as good as new.. I dont know why someone bought it for me...

but we said no ... cheap skates...I dont think I could ever knock  a price down  in a garage sale    someone was asking $5 for......but they didnt care no pride.....

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #7 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 1:19pm

cods wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 1:11pm:
your a bad guy gordy.. but that reminds of a garage sale we had a long time ago..

and this Embassy car drives up...blue number plates.. out get 3 Indians... they had a look around  I had a huge pink fluffy  Rabbit someone had given me...we had $5 on it they wanted it for $2...it was as good as new.. I dont know why someone bought it for me...

but we said no ... cheap skates...I dont think I could ever knock  a price down  in a garage sale    someone was asking $5 for......but they didnt care no pride.....

Reminds me cods of my sister who had a garage sale and some creep tried to beat her down on the price of something,

lets say she wanted $10

He said $5

So she said $15 ...

LOL   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 1:23pm

she was quick....  it was an eye opener to see embassy cars pull up and haggle though   I know they are only here for a few years  but have you been to Mancare at Fyshwick   they love the place...

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #9 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 1:38pm

Why bad? Actually a lot of my sales were from referrals of mums passing my details on their mothers buy and sell facebook groups.

Most of the mums were just so happy to be saving 50% on a really big ticket item.

IBI

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 1:51pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 1:38pm:

Why bad? Actually a lot of my sales were from referrals of mums passing my details on their mothers buy and sell facebook groups.

Most of the mums were just so happy to be saving 50% on a really big ticket item.

it was this bit gordy 

Yuck!

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #11 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 1:59pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 1:19pm:

Reminds me cods of my sister who had a garage sale and some creep tried to beat her down on the price of something,

lets say she wanted $10

He said $5

So she said $15 ...

I have a 14 foot boat in my back yard- I wasnt selling it but a guy offered me 500- so I said sorry 1500- I knew if a guy was offering 500 it was worth more and I was right- some pp just think you re stupid-

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #12 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 2:01pm

cods wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 1:51pm:
Gordon wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 1:38pm:

it was this bit gordy 

Yuck!

I was talking about the Indian men if that helps Smiley

The way they bargain is not pleasant to witness. I once observed two Indian guys in a shop trying to buy a tshirt on sale and really hitting the Chinese salesgirl for a discount, nearly had her in tears.

Yuck!

IBI

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #13 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 2:36pm

Agnes wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 1:59pm:

lets say she wanted $10

He said $5

So she said $15 ...

I have a 14 foot boat in my back yard- I wasnt selling it but a guy offered me 500- so I said sorry 1500- I knew if a guy was offering 500 it was worth more and I was right- some pp just think you re stupid-

Is it still on the market? Do you do metric?

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jun 7th, 2018 at 3:16pm

Agnes wrote on Jun 7th, 2018 at 1:59pm:

lets say she wanted $10

He said $5

So she said $15 ...

what you planning on doing with it agnes/??

kidnapping some handsome dude  and sailing into the sunset maybe!! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print