Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print
The truth about men and murder (Read 4729 times)
Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

The truth about men and murder
Jun 5th, 2018 at 5:33pm

Posted on behalf of one unfairly banned from here. FD discover your missing backbone soon!

Quote:

A ground-breaking new report on murder in Australia has provided overwhelming proof of the gendered nature of domestic and family violence.

The report shows that men commit more than 80 per cent of murders between couples who have a history of domestic violence. The overwhelming majority of those men had a history of abusing the women they ultimately killed.

In the 20 per cent of murders committed by women, over two-thirds were women killing men who had been abusing them. Of the 152 murders examined by the report only two cases were found where a woman killed a man she had a history of abusing.

Fiona McCormack, CEO of Domestic Violence Victoria, says it is vital to recognise how gender is a factor in family violence.

“The fact that family violence is primarily perpetrated by men and overwhelmingly experienced by women and children can be a deeply uncomfortable truth, but unless we have the courage as a community to look at why it is that some men choose to perpetrate violence, we’ll never be able to fix this,’’ she said.

Until now, the Personal Safety Survey has been the primary data on violence in Australia. It is a detailed data set, but it relies on people’s memories and perceptions of the violence they have experienced and what they are willing or able to share with people conducting the survey.

These responses are extrapolated on robust statistical principles and provide a very good indication of how Australians experience violence, but it is not verifiable fact.

The report released last week by the Australian Domestic and Family Violence Death Review Network is not based on statistics. It’s a detailed examination of 152 intimate partner murders between 2010 and 2014 where there was credible information showing a history of violence prior to the murder.

Information was collected from the Coroner’s Courts, police investigations, court proceedings and inquest findings. The results prove that domestic violence, in its most dangerous form, is overwhelmingly committed by men against women.

More than one-third of the murders committed by men occurred after the relationship had ended and nearly a quarter of the women killed had Domestic Violence Orders against their killer at the time of the murder.

At least 107 children lost a parent to murder, and alcohol was involved in around half of all the killings.

This is the first report from the Death Review Network. As its work continues it will expand the data to include intimate-partner murders where there was no previous history of violence as well as murders between other types of family relationships.

Experts believe this will expand understanding of domestic violence homicides and how gender impacts lives lost to family violence.

Australia has about one murder per 100,000 people each year. This is compared to America, at around five per 100,000 and South Africa, at 34 per 100,000.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/the-truth-about-men-and-murder-20180602-p4zj3g.h...

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: The truth about men and murder
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 6:29pm

How many of the women involved had a history of abusing the men involved?

I'm curious...... your report said two - but how realistic is that?

The basic outcome from multiple studies is that women commence 60% of the violence but suffer 60% of the injuries as a result.... if you go around hitting on a man he will react... it's in his nature.... if you then escalate that by having the 'law' slap him around - you are asking for trouble.

How then do you apportion blame?  You need to start with both sides of the question and start women being propagandised not to hit and kick and otherwise assault - same as you need to run a new version of the now worn-out program that is gaining no headway by further abusing men - but is, of itself, creating further strife and disputation often leading to violence.

The simplistic propaganda version of 'man evil - woman good' is the root cause of much of the escalation in Gender Warfare....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 6:38pm

I see, I think. We are talking about men murdering their partners mostly after the relationship ended and you are talking about some women having a sharp tongue???

Quote:
Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 6:48pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 6:38pm:
I see, I think. We are talking about men murdering their partners mostly after the relationship ended and you are talking about some women having a sharp tongue???

Quote:
Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain.

You missed the whole chain there.... physical violence is predominantly the domain of women in relationships - studies abound on that simple reality - then they often exercise violence by proxy by (ab)using the (non) law to get their way, even up to and including having the man arrested etc. 

The greatest motivator to revolution - and I dare say to extreme violence - is being bashed around in many ways yourself.....

Nowhere did I say it was right - I simply want people to begin dealing with the realities and not with the emotive nonsense that caused the whole problem in the first place.

Casting all men in the same category based on any accusation or emotional claim at all is a certainty to alienate and radicalise increasing numbers of them - and thus the very act of seeking to control violence by using violence is the cause of escalation and thus of the rising death toll.

Get your thinking cap on.  Since the introduction of the phoney 'domestic violence' laws that permitted action against primarily men on any excuse, this situation has gotten more and more out of control, and will only get worse if this current handling of inter-personal dispute (which is what most of these 'incidents' are) is allowed to go on being treated with violence by the instruments of the state.

Beat up enough men on absurd and unwarranted complaints, and you will get your revolution for true - trouble is many men are currently choosing the wrong enemy - their enemy is the state itself.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 6:55pm

this isnt ground breaking news...most people accept these facts.... what is the point of postin gthis news monk??>...we have had many threads on DV...they go nowhere....as you can see grap has his mind set and nothing will change it..he is not alone.....

so what purpose are you trying to arrive at????.....

btw  what answers do you have for this overwhelming problem????

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 6:56pm

You missed the whole chain there.... physical violence is predominantly the domain of women in relationships - studies abound on that simple reality - then they often

I guess that why so many are dead... they start the trouble so they deserve death...

got it?.. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

so many women outbox men.... its incredible.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #6 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 7:04pm

Because murder of partners/former partners goes on, cods, that is why I posted that for mothra.

And I will keep posting DV facts until the idiots here are silent and maybe some sensible discussion can happen.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #7 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 7:25pm

This is testament to the stupidity of women.

A small man does not walk up to a big man and start slapping him, insulting him, and creating a complete mongrel of himself without expecting a beating.

And yet women, generally smaller and weaker than men, do this all the time expecting not to be hit.

Women want and demand equal rights.
That means if they do what men do, they will cop the same back.

I have been married nearly 40 years and never come close to hitting my wife.

But my wife don't make life a misery and hit me.

I have seen women slap and even kick men viciously.
And then claimed to have been done wrong when the bloke does a back hander on them.

You want equality.
Suck it up princess, expect to be hit back.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #8 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 8:07pm

A raving lunatic just posted. Where the hell is his keeper?

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 9:50pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 7:04pm:
Because murder of partners/former partners goes on, cods, that is why I posted that for mothra.

And I will keep posting DV facts until the idiots here are silent and maybe some sensible discussion can happen.

are you allowed to post for banned members??>.

why does she require it on ozpol... whats wrong with your place???

I know it keeps going on  do you or mothra have an answer on how to stop it????????>.

she must by now she dwells on this monster we are living with a lot.... she must have some answers surely???>..

my concern is for children.... but they dont get a mention... more and more kids lose their lives and what little lives they have is a horror story

at least with an adult  they can chose to leave or stay.....

if a women is a nasty angry person the guy can up and leave......in other words grow a pair..

.some women have the foulest of mouths they dont care where they let fly...... so leave get out of their way.....

I dont agree with you valkie    no man should hit a women....but they can leave....or change the locks if she moves in with him.....she will get the message.....

if you have a good marriage  I did as well its hard to believe this  DV is normal for a lot families... I wish I knew what people want today   we seem to have 6 of everything.. and still its not enough....

people on average are getting angrier......just look at road rage in a couple of years we are now wielding chainsaws..

what happened to giving the bird and honking like mad.??..

no its got really really ugly.....the other day a 20 yr old almost killed a 72 yr old....

we seriously are losing it....

is anyone worried... come on monk you seem worried about DV even though you have never married...

so whats your take on rage,  today is it getting worse??

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 10:22pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 5:33pm:
Posted on behalf of one unfairly banned from here. FD discover your missing backbone soon!

Quote:

A ground-breaking new report on murder in Australia has provided overwhelming proof of the gendered nature of domestic and family violence.

The report shows that men commit more than 80 per cent of murders between couples who have a history of domestic violence. The overwhelming majority of those men had a history of abusing the women they ultimately killed.

In the 20 per cent of murders committed by women, over two-thirds were women killing men who had been abusing them. Of the 152 murders examined by the report only two cases were found where a woman killed a man she had a history of abusing.

Fiona McCormack, CEO of Domestic Violence Victoria, says it is vital to recognise how gender is a factor in family violence.

“The fact that family violence is primarily perpetrated by men and overwhelmingly experienced by women and children can be a deeply uncomfortable truth, but unless we have the courage as a community to look at why it is that some men choose to perpetrate violence, we’ll never be able to fix this,’’ she said.

Until now, the Personal Safety Survey has been the primary data on violence in Australia. It is a detailed data set, but it relies on people’s memories and perceptions of the violence they have experienced and what they are willing or able to share with people conducting the survey.

These responses are extrapolated on robust statistical principles and provide a very good indication of how Australians experience violence, but it is not verifiable fact.

The report released last week by the Australian Domestic and Family Violence Death Review Network is not based on statistics. It’s a detailed examination of 152 intimate partner murders between 2010 and 2014 where there was credible information showing a history of violence prior to the murder.

Information was collected from the Coroner’s Courts, police investigations, court proceedings and inquest findings. The results prove that domestic violence, in its most dangerous form, is overwhelmingly committed by men against women.

More than one-third of the murders committed by men occurred after the relationship had ended and nearly a quarter of the women killed had Domestic Violence Orders against their killer at the time of the murder.

At least 107 children lost a parent to murder, and alcohol was involved in around half of all the killings.

This is the first report from the Death Review Network. As its work continues it will expand the data to include intimate-partner murders where there was no previous history of violence as well as murders between other types of family relationships.

Experts believe this will expand understanding of domestic violence homicides and how gender impacts lives lost to family violence.

Australia has about one murder per 100,000 people each year. This is compared to America, at around five per 100,000 and South Africa, at 34 per 100,000.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/the-truth-about-men-and-murder-20180602-p4zj3g.h...

Where is Aussie's outrage that you are posting on behalf of a banned member? He denies that right in Relationshits ...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #11 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 10:29pm

Why doesn't she just post this in The Village of the Banned?

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 10:40pm

Who is 'she?'

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 10:47pm

cods wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 6:56pm:
You missed the whole chain there.... physical violence is predominantly the domain of women in relationships - studies abound on that simple reality - then they often

I guess that why so many are dead... they start the trouble so they deserve death...

got it?.. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

so many women outbox men.... its incredible.

Physical violence, from countless studies, IS the domain of women in relationships - the OUTCOMES are, from countless studies, predominantly in favour of men.

Furthermore - when you exert violence by proxy against one person in a dispute, who has already, in the majority of cases, been the initial victim - all you do is throw petrol on the fire and lay the groundwork for retaliation.  The further you go with proxy violence heaped on initial violence, the more you will experience a reaction....

THAT is what is causing the escalating war between women and men.... not just men per se - and government is primarily responsible for this crass stupidity.

It would be nice, for once, if some of you fantasy-ridden ideologues/slaves of the propaganda machine would actually take a fair and reasoned look at reality.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 10:51pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 10:40pm:
Who is 'she?'

Argh, m'lod - that be she who must not be named... offend not the goddesses and oracles  and the soul-less followers of Fem'nism, lest they be angered and devour your very soul along with your entire family and all ye have gained in life... better to bow down to the almighty pussy.....

Does any single one of you have any idea what it feels like to 'walk away' from a hostile relationship and lose your children in doing so?

You women - imagine if your husband (etc) was granted unconditional rights as 'primary carer' and you were left to pick up the turds left over..... there would be no end to the screeching... so, cods - men can't just 'walk away and leave'.... if they could 'just walk away' they would never be pursued relentlessly for CS and other rubbish and would not lose all they have worked for.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print