Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Send Topic Print
ABC proves that Muslims are lazy (Read 13996 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: ABC proves that Muslims are lazy
Reply #45 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 3:33pm

Thats not a turd I am polishing FD.

Its you who is baselessly asserting this "proves that muslims are lazy".

Refuting this baseless and utterly ridiculous claim is not "polishing a turd".

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 3:36pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 3:33pm:
Thats not a turd I am polishing FD.

Its you who is baselessly asserting this "proves that muslims are lazy".

Refuting this baseless and utterly ridiculous claim is not "polishing a turd".

Apologies from me this time.  I was just answering a general question back there.  Now I see it's personal.  Have fun!

Sometimes, there just aren't enough rocks.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #47 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 3:38pm

So when Muslims refuse to take a job if they might have to deal with non-Muslims, it's nothing to do with laziness?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #48 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 3:38pm

Quote:
Apologies from me this time.  I was just answering a general question back there.  Now I see it's personal.  Have fun!

not at all. Smearing muslims en-mass with such a baseless and racist attack is not a personal thing - it should concern anyone with an ounce of decency and humanity.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2018 at 3:52pm by polite_gandalf »  

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #49 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 3:44pm

Am I correct that you just answered a different question to the one asked, Gandalf?

So when Muslims refuse to take a job if they might have to deal with non-Muslims, it's nothing to do with laziness?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #50 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 3:50pm

freediver wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 3:38pm:

You are trying to be tricky FD, as you always are when anyone confronts you about your idiotic and hateful attacks.

It may have something to do with laziness in some cases. But that is a million miles from "proving" that "muslims (en mass, without qualification) are lazy". Furthermore, there is not one shred of evidence that laziness is playing any part, and even worse, you even quote a whole host of reasons that strongly indicates that 'laziness' need not even be a factor. Again, I ask you, how exactly is a muslim women who "refuses to take a job if they might have to deal with non-Muslim" - because they are "being pressured to stay at home" (one of the reasons you yourself quoted) - "lazy"? I've asked you that about 3 times and you keep dodging it.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #51 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 3:52pm

Quote:
Furthermore, there is not one shred of evidence that laziness is playing any part

You mean other than the fact that less than half of them have a job, right?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #52 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 3:54pm

freediver wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 3:52pm:
Quote:
Furthermore, there is not one shred of evidence that laziness is playing any part

You're just acting stupid FD. Most likely deliberately.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #53 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 4:02pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 3:54pm:
Quote:

Muslims are disproportionately unemployed, by a huge margin. Less than half of the "working age" Muslims have a job. No other group even comes close to this, unless you want to start including groups like the mentally disabled. Even the excuse-mongers give reasons that by your own admission can include laziness on the part of Muslims.

But somehow that gets turned into "no evidence".

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 4:14pm

freediver wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 4:02pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 3:54pm:
Quote:

Muslims are disproportionately unemployed, by a huge margin. Less than half of the "working age" Muslims have a job. No other group even comes close to this, unless you want to start including groups like the mentally disabled. Even the excuse-mongers give reasons that by your own admission can include laziness on the part of Muslims.

If I might butt in again on a Sunday, FD, there are other possible reasons than plain laziness.  I don't want to expand on my own understandings, but just add that laziness is not 100% of the reason.  There are other reasons, some good, and some not so good, depending on one's beliefs.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #55 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 4:17pm

freediver wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 4:02pm:

You really don't understand how absurd the leap in logic is to go from this to "ABC proves muslims are lazy"?

And no, there is no evidence presented in the article that laziness plays a part. Why would it? As I said, its a completely subjective and useless perjorative - used for no other reason than to shock and attempt to whip up prejudice and hatred.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #56 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 4:33pm

Yes it is quite ironic. The ABC set out to "disprove" the senator by picking up on a fairly technical error, in the process highlighting that he was basically on the money and publicising with nice pictures some stats that paint Muslims in a very poor light, then going on to offer excuses that even Muslims will link to laziness.

It was either a massive own goal or there has been a sneaky change in policy.

Then I discovered that Gandalf had posted this article on the politicians board. Did you read it before posting it Gandalf?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #57 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 6:29pm

freediver wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 4:33pm:
even Muslims will link to laziness.

Now you're just being dishonest FD.

I said it *MAY" conceivably be due to laziness. As it *MAY" conceivably be due to a great many things. That is not in any way shape or form "linking" it to laziness. Why do I have to explain such bleedingly obvious stuff to you FD? And using this as some sort of 'evidence' that somehow proves your pathetic racist slur against an entire group en mass - is just idiotic.

freediver wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 4:33pm:
The ABC set out to "disprove" the senator by picking up on a fairly technical error, in the process highlighting that he was basically on the money

Fraser Anning was attempting to make a direct link between non-participation and welfare leechers:

Quote:
It's no coincidence 56 per cent of Australia's working-age Muslims are not in the labour force.

Free welfare and public housing attracts the very type of migrants, transnational parasites who travel not in search of opportunity, but in search of a free ride at other’s expense.

Clearly he is implying that those 56% are all welfare leechers - yet as the ABC explained, a good proportion includes those who are not participating (mostly women), many (most?) of whom would not be eligible for welfare. Anning was simply wrong (if not dishonest) to lump all of this 56% in with "parasites" who are collecting welfare.

Admittedly, he is arguably not being as disingenous and blatantly racist as you are. At least he had the good sense to not come out and blurt out something so stupid as "these stats prove that muslims are lazy".

Quote:

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 6:34pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 6:29pm:
"these stats prove that muslims are lazy".

The Quoran proves that it is not laziness in a secular nation.  I stop there because I don't want to offend anybody, either of you.  You are both grownups and that is such a treat in a place like this.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #59 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 6:41pm

Imrah wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 6:34pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 24th, 2018 at 6:29pm:
"these stats prove that muslims are lazy".

The Quoran proves that it is not laziness in a secular nation.  I stop there because I don't want to offend anybody, either of you.  You are both grownups and that is such a treat in a place like this.

Funny you should mention that. On another day FD will happily point out how muslims in the west spend all their time busily scheming and conjuring sinister plans for how to thwart and deceive the infidel. All according to the orders of their sinister Quran of course.

But today, he's arguing they are nothing but fat lazy loathes who just want sit around on their arses doing nothing all day.

Quote:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Send Topic Print