Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print
ABC proves that Muslims are lazy (Read 14089 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
ABC proves that Muslims are lazy
Jun 4th, 2018 at 7:09pm

Strange article - disproving a claim by Fraser Anning, in the process proving that Muslims are less likely to be employed, then trying to put a positive spin on that also. They blamed it variously on women and on discrimination. It did cite a UK study that listed a number of situations that Muslims were often not prepared to work in, for religious and cultural reasons - including not being prepared to meet the public, not being prepared to shake hands, women not being prepared to work in an office with men in it and women being pressured to stay at home.

Fact check: Are more than half of Australia's working-age Muslims not in the workforce?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-04/fact-check-muslim-workforce/9800656

Note that "in the labor force" appears to include unemployed people seeking work and on the dole. 56% of working age Muslims are either not seeking work or are seeking work but are currently unemployed.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: ABC proves that Muslims are lazy
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 2:47am

The view of the ideologues is that it is always 'discrimination' when a specified group doesn't get the success it expects... forget that in order to impose an ideological solution, others are deprived of the same opportunity in work and thus life, by being forced to surrender 'market share' of occupations to fit others in.

All very feminist-think...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 11:29am

You're right FD. If only Fraser Anning had just said "muslims are lazy" - he would have come across as far more credible.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #3 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 11:35am

freediver wrote on Jun 4th, 2018 at 7:09pm:
56% of working age Muslims are either not seeking work or are seeking work but are currently unemployed.

Actually its 57% of working aged muslims who *ARE* in the labour force. But you know, details.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 3:52pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 11:35am:
56% of working age Muslims are either not seeking work or are seeking work but are currently unemployed.

Actually its 57% of working aged muslims who *ARE* in the labour force. But you know, details.

That 57% includes Muslims on the dole.

From the article:

Quote:
Where did Senator Anning's incorrect number come from?
Asked for the basis of his claim, Senator Anning's media spokesman, Boston White, referred Fact Check to an opinion piece by economist Henry Ergas, published in The Australian on September 14, 2015.

In the column, Mr Ergas raised concerns about the religious composition of Australia's refugee intake. At the time, the Government had expanded its humanitarian intake by 12,000 places to accommodate refugees from Syria.

Mr Ergas argued that Middle Eastern Muslim refugees found it difficult to integrate harmoniously into Australia's economy and society because they brought with them religious hatreds.
In this context, he stated that "56 per cent of Australia's working-age Muslims [are] either unemployed or not in the labour force".
In doing so, he refers to two groups of Muslims: those who are unemployed (that is, in the labour force but seeking work) and those who are not in the labour force (that is, not in paid work and not seeking work).

When Senator Anning lifted this figure from Mr Ergas's column, he tweeted it, saying 56 per cent of working-age Muslims were not in the labour force.

In other words, he attributed the figure only to the latter group of Muslims referred to by Mr Ergas.

Regardless, as the column was written in 2015, data from the 2016 census would likely have rendered the number out of date.

In other words, less than half of Australia's working age Muslims have a job.

Details eh?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #5 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 3:57pm

Read the article again FD, you are confused.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 4:01pm

What am I confused about Gandalf?

Are you going to retreat to gibberish in your desperate attempts to maintain a positive spin on this?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 6:50pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 11:35am:

Participation is NOT the same as being actually employed. Thee Unemployed (ie SEEKING work and receiveing the dole) ARE participating. (their participation iss drwaing the unemployment benefit).

Not participating  - neither working nor seeking work - is burqa band and the disability pensioners at the gym.  They get other jizz-ya.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 7:04pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 11:29am:
You're right FD. If only Fraser Anning had just said "muslims are lazy" - he would have come across as far more credible.

They have a strong work ethic when it comes to Jihad, Sharrouf and Elomar were unable to work and on the disability pension when they moved to the Islamic state.

The fact is muslims are lazy when it comes to work they're last in all the charts or did you miss what FD posted.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #9 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 10:37am

Baronvonrort wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 7:04pm:
The fact is muslims are lazy when it comes to work they're last in all the charts

No, thats just you baselessly ascribing low participation rates to laziness. Yet we know from the article that the bulk of this low participation is women. They are not participating for reasons related to patriarchy, traditional values and raising kids. You could of course criticise muslims in respect to this for being misogynistic, patriarchal etc - but blaming these women for being "lazy" seems to be the least plausible criticism. My guess is they work their butts off.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #10 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 11:01am

Quote:
Yet we know from the article that the bulk of this low participation is women.

That accounts for a large part of the Muslims not seeking work. But among those "in the labour force", a large percentage are unemployed, and presumably on the dole.

Only 44% of adult Muslims have a job.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #11 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:29pm

And therefore 100% of them are lazy? What other racist slurs can we throw in FD? They're retarded due to inbreeding?

Do you remember when you had such a hissy fit over me saying something like "Europeans" spread diseases to the New World, and how tewwibly wacist that was? You even accused me of apportioning collective blame to an entire group. How is what you are doing here (and many other occasions) any different?

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #12 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:34pm

Quote:
What other racist slurs can we throw in FD?

Islam is not a race.

Quote:
They're retarded due to inbreeding?

A lot of them. Do you have a problem with that?

Quote:
Do you remember when you had such a hissy fit over me saying something like "Europeans" spread diseases to the New World, and how tewwibly wacist that was? You even accused me of apportioning collective blame to an entire group. How is what you are doing here (and many other occasions) any different?

I recall you trying to argue that European is not a race. But you seem to think that Islam is.

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:35pm

Fact Check got that one wrong according to the 'pub test'  The truth is, Fact Check, that if one is officially 'looking for work' then one is factually not working, factually on the dole.

Sometimes, there just aren't enough rocks.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:35pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:29pm:
And therefore 100% of them are lazy? What other racist slurs can we throw in FD? They're retarded due to inbreeding?

Is it possible that many Muslims see Australia as something to take from because it isn't a Muslim country Gandalf? Huh

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print