Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
ABC are at it again... (Read 3201 times)
DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Re: ABC are at it again...
Reply #30 - May 31st, 2018 at 2:03pm

Let me Help
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/abc-news-australia/

LEAST BIASED
These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes).  The reporting is factual and usually sourced.  These are the most credible media sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH

Notes: ABC News is a national news service in Australia produced by the News and Current Affairs division of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. The division is responsible for all news-gathering and production of news output for ABC television, radio and online services. Although the ABC is owned and funded by the Australian Government, the editorial independence of the ABC is ensured through the Australian Broadcasting Corporation Act (Cwlth) 1983. Low biased reporting of USA news. (12/9/2016) Updated (7/14/2017)
Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/
Wink Wink

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-australian/

RIGHT-CENTER BIAS
These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation.

Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: The Australian is a broadsheet newspaper published in Australia from Monday to Saturday each week since 14 July 1964.  It is the biggest-selling national newspaper in the country. The Australian reports news with proper sources and uses minimal loaded words, however they do have a right-center editorial bias through story selection and wording. (8/14/2016) Updated (7/21/2017)
Source: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/

Hope that help u guys Smiley  Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #31 - May 31st, 2018 at 2:11pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 10:52am:
Grendel wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 9:26am:
pt 2...

But it’s not only climate change. What about Four Corners’ “investigations” into live cattle exports, Nauru, the Don Dale centre and greyhounds, where so much contrary evidence ended up on the cutting-room floor.

Clearly, the ABC’s much-­promoted digital transformation can’t solve the fundamental issue of embedded bias and a culture of moral and intellectual superiority. Sadly, the public broadcaster has long surrendered any claim to be a trusted source of news and information. Its arrogance, disregard for facts and shameless advocacy define it as a $1 billion-a-year green propaganda machine, [/highlight]certainly not fit to sit in judgment of complaints made against it. Its conduct is an affront to the taxpayers who fund it. Yet, despite rapidly declining audiences, it maintains an exaggerated sense of self-importance, which was reflected in the managing director’s warning to government that a pause in the indexation of ABC funding could result in a political backlash. Perhaps once upon a time, but not today.

With Sky News set to become regionally available on free-to-air television, a major justification for public broadcasting (perhaps the last big reason) will cease to apply.

Maurice Newman was chairman of the ABC from 2007 to 2012.

Newman's assertions - climate scientists call them "zombie arguments", because they keep on popping up - have all been comprehensively debunked, repeatedly and in detail, by national academies of science around the world, including the US National Academy of Sciences, the American Geophysical Union, the Royal Society of London and the Australian Academy of Science. Andy Pitman, a climate scientist from the University of NSW, tells me that, "Newman's arguments are so wrong they are inconsistent with some fundamental laws of physics."

Maurice Newman is not known to have any scientific qualifications and, according to a search of Google Scholar, has never had a scientfic paper published on the subject of climate change.

Never let physics get in the road of a good rant  Wink Wink Cheesy

Playing the man and ignoring the facts yet again Dippy... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
how NOT unusual for you. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - May 31st, 2018 at 2:12pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 1:59pm:
Imrah wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 1:53pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 1:45pm:
Imrah wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 1:16pm:
Why are you posting in this thread when you are unaware of the fake news that the ABC is forcing on decent Australians?  Yes, forcing.  There is no alternative.

If you don't understand this increasingly obvious bias, then you are welcome to keep out of it.  You have mentioned repeateldy that you don't understand the problem, and that's great.  Ignorance is bliss so I am happy for you. 

Can I have an example of this "fake news" the ABC is broadcasting please?

Spot

I should hopefully be able to post links sometime soon.  Then I will be most glad to.

Give us an example, in your own words.

Greg Jennet.

Sometimes, there just aren't enough rocks.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - May 31st, 2018 at 2:13pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 2:03pm:
Let me Help

I see they label WattsUpWithThat as a Conspiracy-Pseudscience website. In spite of them reporting scientific papers from places like Nature, AGU, NASA.

It looks like they may have their own biases.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - May 31st, 2018 at 2:15pm

Imrah wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 2:12pm:
Why are you posting in this thread when you are unaware of the fake news that the ABC is forcing on decent Australians?  Yes, forcing.  There is no alternative.

If you don't understand this increasingly obvious bias, then you are welcome to keep out of it.  You have mentioned repeateldy that you don't understand the problem, and that's great.  Ignorance is bliss so I am happy for you. 

Spot

I should hopefully be able to post links sometime soon.  Then I will be most glad to.

Greg Jennet.

He's real.

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - May 31st, 2018 at 2:16pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 2:15pm:

Spot

Greg Jennet.

He's real.

Indeed he is, sadly.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - May 31st, 2018 at 2:18pm

Imrah wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 2:16pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 2:15pm:

Spot

Greg Jennet.

He's real.

Indeed he is, sadly.

So, do you have an example of this "fake" news at the ABC?

You seem to be avoiding the question.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #37 - May 31st, 2018 at 2:18pm

For those of you who missed it...  this is the ENVIRONMENT FORUM...  the topic is about the climate alarmist bias of the ABC....  do try and be on topic.  If it aint about the ABC and the Environmental lean to the Prog Left they have don't fill my topic with crap.
This means mainly YOU Peccerhead.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #38 - May 31st, 2018 at 2:21pm

Grendel wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 2:11pm:
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 10:52am:
Grendel wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 9:26am:
pt 2...

But it’s not only climate change. What about Four Corners’ “investigations” into live cattle exports, Nauru, the Don Dale centre and greyhounds, where so much contrary evidence ended up on the cutting-room floor.

Clearly, the ABC’s much-­promoted digital transformation can’t solve the fundamental issue of embedded bias and a culture of moral and intellectual superiority. Sadly, the public broadcaster has long surrendered any claim to be a trusted source of news and information. Its arrogance, disregard for facts and shameless advocacy define it as a $1 billion-a-year green propaganda machine, [/highlight]certainly not fit to sit in judgment of complaints made against it. Its conduct is an affront to the taxpayers who fund it. Yet, despite rapidly declining audiences, it maintains an exaggerated sense of self-importance, which was reflected in the managing director’s warning to government that a pause in the indexation of ABC funding could result in a political backlash. Perhaps once upon a time, but not today.

With Sky News set to become regionally available on free-to-air television, a major justification for public broadcasting (perhaps the last big reason) will cease to apply.

Maurice Newman was chairman of the ABC from 2007 to 2012.

Newman's assertions - climate scientists call them "zombie arguments", because they keep on popping up - have all been comprehensively debunked, repeatedly and in detail, by national academies of science around the world, including the US National Academy of Sciences, the American Geophysical Union, the Royal Society of London and the Australian Academy of Science. Andy Pitman, a climate scientist from the University of NSW, tells me that, "Newman's arguments are so wrong they are inconsistent with some fundamental laws of physics."

Maurice Newman is not known to have any scientific qualifications and, according to a search of Google Scholar, has never had a scientfic paper published on the subject of climate change.

Never let physics get in the road of a good rant  Wink Wink Cheesy

Playing the man and ignoring the facts yet again Dippy... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
how NOT unusual for you. Roll Eyes

what facts ???? rants from a untrained, stockbroker ex ABC man working for Murdoc ,those facts Cheesy Cheesy

I am me

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - May 31st, 2018 at 2:23pm

Grendel wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 2:18pm:
For those of you who missed it...  this is the ENVIRONMENT FORUM...  the topic is about the climate alarmist bias of the ABC....  do try and be on topic.  If it aint about the ABC and the Environmental lean to the Prog Left they have don't fill my topic with crap.
This means mainly YOU Peccerhead

Anything, Imrah?

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - May 31st, 2018 at 2:28pm

Grendel wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 2:18pm:
This means mainly YOU Peccerhead.

My apologies.  I wished we could get on with the environmental aspect of the discussion because right now today in Perth a little more global warming would be most welcome.

I added some text from yesterday's opinion piece by Justin Milne because the ABC would like the Australian public to believe that he is their chairman.  Sorry if it was a bit too generalised for the environment subforum.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - May 31st, 2018 at 2:39pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 1:44pm:
Newman's assertions - climate scientists call them "zombie arguments", because they keep on popping up -

You mean like Jansen saying the MWP was warmer than now?

The now dropped, by the IPCC, "Mann's Hockeystick "graph?

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 1:44pm:
Andy Pitman, a climate scientist from the University of NSW, tells me that, "Newman's arguments are so wrong they are inconsistent with some fundamental laws of physics."

Strange he doesn't enumerate these "fundamental laws of physics".

I would have thought as a "climate scientist" he would have been full bottle. Surely he could have given at least two flaws.

UNSW - isn't that where the man, Turney, responsible for the "Ship of Fools" came from? Went to the Antarctic to show how little ice there was, got stuck and took at least 2 ice breakers to free him. Wink

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #42 - May 31st, 2018 at 2:52pm

lee wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 2:13pm:
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 2:03pm:
Let me Help

I see they label WattsUpWithThat as a Conspiracy-Pseudscience website. In spite of them reporting scientific papers from places like Nature, AGU, NASA.

It looks like they may have their own biases.

You mean the little blog run by a Weatherman ?
Andy Kosh is his name isn't it ? Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - May 31st, 2018 at 2:56pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 2:52pm:
Andy Kosh is his name isn't it

You like shooting the messenger rather than the message. I guess that's a limit not imposed upon you by circumstance.

Or perhaps you are showing your ignorance again by attributing links to the Koch Bros? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #44 - May 31st, 2018 at 4:52pm

lee wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 2:56pm:
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 2:52pm:
Andy Kosh is his name isn't it

You like shooting the messenger rather than the message. I guess that's a limit not imposed upon you by circumstance.

Or perhaps you are showing your ignorance again by attributing links to the Koch Bros? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

heartland institute = Koch
Wink Wink
ohh don't like me talking about that Conspiracy-Pseudscience website
https://wottsupwiththat.com/
for anyone interested  Cheesy Cheesy Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print