Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Send Topic Print
Motorists demand fair go from bike thugs... (Read 15378 times)
Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Motorists demand fair go from bike thugs...
Reply #75 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 11:49am

Imrah wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 10:21am:
Valkie wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 7:53pm:
[quote author=greggerypeccary link=1527654453/36#36 date=1527661370]A simple thing like a number plate would help weed out the riders you say are bad examples.

A simple thing?  What about Christmas time?  Can you imagine every 3yo in the country passing a driving test before before they're allowed to unwrap their presents under the tree, because one of them is a bike?

It's not a simple thing at all.  It's another bureaucratic nightmare in the making.  Another grievous attack on human rights, because every pedestrian would need number plate riveted onto the backs of their heads by the same token.

Anyway, good morning fellows.  I hope you all had a nice weekend. I had a long one.

Okay....so you let your 3yr old ride down a busy road full of cars doing 60+ kilometers an hour? I think a number plate is the least of your childs concerns.

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:00pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 11:49am:
[quote author=greggerypeccary link=1527654453/36#36 date=1527661370]A simple thing like a number plate would help weed out the riders you say are bad examples.

A simple thing?  What about Christmas time?  Can you imagine every 3yo in the country passing a driving test before before they're allowed to unwrap their presents under the tree, because one of them is a bike?

It's not a simple thing at all.  It's another bureaucratic nightmare in the making.  Another grievous attack on human rights, because every pedestrian would need number plate riveted onto the backs of their heads by the same token.

Anyway, good morning fellows.  I hope you all had a nice weekend. I had a long one.

Okay....so you let your 3yr old ride down a busy road full of cars doing 60+ kilometers an hour? I think a number plate is the least of your childs concerns.

That's the subject of this bigoted thread, isn't it?  Idiot cyclists invading the territory of humble motorists going about their own business of smogging up the atmosphere with their personal fossil-fulled power stations that they paid their hard-earned money for, that's what it's all about, sonny boy.  The Cars! 

Don't forget those bloody pedestrians who blatantly walk on roads that they have not paid for the privilege like our blessed car drivers, who are always courteous, never idiots, and never break the rules ever. 

Those pedestrians should have flurouescent yellow stars tattoed on their foreheads so that innocent motorists can see them in the dark if they feel the urge to drive along the footpaths.  Get them off the roads before they put up my insurance premiums.  Look what those damn pedestrians have done to the cost of registration in WA now!  It was not McGowan's fault.  It's those blasted pedestrians who keep maiming and killing themselves by being idiots and stepping in front of innocent two-tonne SUVs. 

I say we should make them all catch the bus, that's what I reckon.

Sometimes, there just aren't enough rocks.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:30pm

Imrah wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:00pm:

That's the subject of this bigoted thread, isn't it?  Idiot cyclists invading the territory of humble motorists going about their own business of smogging up the atmosphere with their personal fossil-fulled power stations that they paid their hard-earned money for, that's what it's all about, sonny boy.  The Cars! 

Don't forget those bloody pedestrians who blatantly walk on roads that they have not paid for the privilege like our blessed car drivers, who are always courteous, never idiots, and never break the rules ever. 

Those pedestrians should have flurouescent yellow stars tattoed on their foreheads so that innocent motorists can see them in the dark if they feel the urge to drive along the footpaths.  Get them off the roads before they put up my insurance premiums.  Look what those damn pedestrians have done to the cost of registration in WA now!  It was not McGowan's fault.  It's those blasted pedestrians who keep maiming and killing themselves by being idiots and stepping in front of innocent two-tonne SUVs. 

I don't know if WA has caught up yet but those pesky pedestrians face a J walking fine here in Qld if they decide to step out in front of motor vehicles. Pedestrians have designated crossings clearly marked on the road.
I do not have a problem with cycling in a bicycle lane/path. None at all.
However those that ride 3 or 4 wide, taking up a lane and not allowing faster traffic through due to their self rightousness, wearing nothing more than a piece of extremely thin material as protection I do have a problem with.
For starters they have no consideration for THEIR personal safety. They say it's because they need to get there .003 of a second faster. Hmmmmm. I personally believe it's because they think they are on level with cadel evans. I curse motorcyclists that wear thongs and shorts on their bike as well. They're idiots.

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:43pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:30pm:

I don't know if WA has caught up yet but those pesky pedestrians face a J walking fine here in Qld if they decide to step out in front of motor vehicles. Pedestrians have designated crossings clearly marked on the road.
However those that ride 3 or 4 wide, taking up a lane and not allowing faster traffic through due to their self rightousness, wearing nothing more than a piece of extremely thin material as protection I do have a problem with.
For starters they have no consideration for THEIR personal safety. They say it's because they need to get there .003 of a second faster. Hmmmmm. I personally believe it's because they think they are on level with cadel evans. I curse motorcyclists that wear thongs and shorts on their bike as well. They're idiots.

Why don't you run them down and teach them a lesson?  You can always say it was their fault and everyone will believe you, especially if they're dead.   

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:45pm

Imrah wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:43pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:30pm:

Why don't you run them down and teach them a lesson?  You can always say it was their fault and everyone will believe you, especially if they're dead.   

Because I don't want to scratch my bullbar......dur!

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:48pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:45pm:

Use a stolen car and then they can't track your licence plate either.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:56pm

Imrah wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:48pm:

Awww.
Have I upset you precious.... Grin

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 1:06pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:56pm:

Awww.

Are you imagining things, Captain?  I'm having a most fun time enjoying the revelation of the true state of bigotry on the roads of modern Australia. 

Just one question regarding those evil cyclists who plague you so relentlessly everywhere you blow your nice poisonous smoke up in the air, just trying to make you waste all that fuel you could be spending wisely at the red light up the road with the other gridlocked traffic. 

If they were four wide, then that makes four of them, but how long was the pelaton?  How many nasty cyclists in total were there in the average political statement that you have had to suffer in your daily travels?  If they were four wide, then one would assume that they were at least ten long, and if 4 x 10 = 40 cyclists then you are telling us all that you would prefer that they all drove around in cars like you, in single-file (because cars are too wide to fit in a single lane side-by-side)?  Would that make you happy?

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 1:30pm

Imrah wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 1:06pm:

Awww.

Are you imagining things, Captain?  I'm having a most fun time enjoying the revelation of the true state of bigotry on the roads of modern Australia. 

Just one question regarding those evil cyclists who plague you so relentlessly everywhere you blow your nice poisonous smoke up in the air, just trying to make you waste all that fuel you could be spending wisely at the red light up the road with the other gridlocked traffic. 

If they were four wide, then that makes four of them, but how long was the pelaton?  How many nasty cyclists in total were there in the average political statement that you have had to suffer in your daily travels?  If they were four wide, then one would assume that they were at least ten long, and if 4 x 10 = 40 cyclists then you are telling us all that you would prefer that they all drove around in cars like you, in single-file (because cars are too wide to fit in a single lane side-by-side)?  Would that make you happy?

Good. I'm glad you'reenjoying yourself. Most on here go all precious and start throwing out rediculous comments.  Grin

Now in response to the rest.

Not at all. No need to drive a car if you do not wish too.
I stated earlier that I don't have a problem when they are in their designated area. I cannot see a problem in that. They have a set bicycle lane.
Most roads when built these days allow for cyclists. The existing roads from yesteryear were not built to allow cyclist a SAFE passage of travel.
Brisbane has just spent a couple of million on a brand spanking new velodrome. There is another option too for brisbane cycling fraternity.

Tell me though, would you say it is okay for me to ride my YZ450 down the main road?
I am just as quick as the cars. I have substancial leather protective equipment. I have been riding for 36yrs and I pay 9 yearly registrations on various motor vehicles and boats that I own.

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 1:38pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 1:30pm:

Awww.

Good. I'm glad you'reenjoying yourself. Most on here go all precious and start throwing out rediculous comments.  Grin

I stated earlier that I don't have a problem when they are in their designated area. I cannot see a problem in that. They have a set bicycle lane.
Most roads when built these days allow for cyclists. The existing roads from yesteryear were not built to allow cyclist a SAFE passage of travel.
Brisbane has just spent a couple of million on a brand spanking new velodrome. There is another option too for brisbane cycling fraternity.

Tell me though, would you say it is okay for me to ride my YZ450 down the main road?
I am just as quick as the cars. I have substancial leather protective equipment. I have been riding for 36yrs and I pay 9 yearly registrations on various motor vehicles and boats that I own.

Yamaha make enduro bikes with lights and indicators, so all you need to do is pickup some IT-600 wreck in the classifieds and swap the right bits over, then take it over the pits to get it registered.  I don't know what model Yamaha use for their enduro bikes now.

The main reason that bicycles are different is because they don't have engines, which is why they don't pollute the air that us animals breathe to live, and that is also why they are about as slow as a tractor.  That's faster than walking, faster than running, and that's because they have wheels. 

However I digress.  I forgot we're supposed to be exemplifying the wonders of Australian bigotry on the roads.  You need that stolen car, Captain.  Then all your troubles will be over ... eventually, if you drive quick.

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 2:40pm

Imrah wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 1:38pm:

Awww.

Yamaha make enduro bikes with lights and indicators, so all you need to do is pickup some IT-600 wreck in the classifieds and swap the right bits over, then take it over the pits to get it registered.  I don't know what model Yamaha use for their enduro bikes now.

The main reason that bicycles are different is because they don't have engines, which is why they don't pollute the air that us animals breathe to live, and that is also why they are about as slow as a tractor.  That's faster than walking, faster than running, and that's because they have wheels. 

However I digress.  I forgot we're supposed to be exemplifying the wonders of Australian bigotry on the roads.  You need that stolen car, Captain.  Then all your troubles will be over ... eventually, if you drive quick.

Yeah, I despise thieves.

As for nasty environmental gasses.
Bicycles don't grow on trees.
Without burning nasty fossil fuels and the use of big heavy machinery they wouldn't exist.  Smiley

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 2:48pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 2:40pm:

Awww.

Yeah, I despise thieves.

Without burning nasty fossil fuels and the use of big heavy machinery they wouldn't exist.  Smiley

If I was a californian teenager I'd have to answer that with 'lol'.  You are now arguing the most ridiculous point I have seen or heard all week.  Well done!

I really like that line about 'bicycles don't grow on trees'.  The original bicycles did grow on trees, in fact. 

Though I guess you are right.  Australia would be a much cleaner place if we reverted to the Stone Age when boomerangs grew on trees.  I am still having a hard time typing when you have made me laugh so much.  Damn that Industrial Era.

Did you know that it would be better for the crusade on global warming if we all lived in trees and ate nuts and berries like we used to?  How do you feel about bananas?

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 3:24pm

Imrah wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 2:48pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 2:40pm:

Awww.

Yeah, I despise thieves.

If I was a californian teenager I'd have to answer that with 'lol'.  You are now arguing the most ridiculous point I have seen or heard all week.  Well done!

I really like that line about 'bicycles don't grow on trees'.  The original bicycles did grow on trees, in fact. 

Though I guess you are right.  Australia would be a much cleaner place if we reverted to the Stone Age when boomerangs grew on trees.  I am still having a hard time typing when you have made me laugh so much.  Damn that Industrial Era.

Did you know that it would be better for the crusade on global warming if we all lived in trees and ate nuts and berries like we used to?  How do you feel about bananas?

You're the one here arguing champ. Grin
I just gave you the truth.
Don't you like the truth? Or is it okay to burn those nasty gasses to make YOUR equipment....then revert back to hugging trees and cursing fosil fuel burning?
Oh to think how many fosil fuels were burnt to make your nice paved roadways to ride on.  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Imrah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 3:37pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 3:24pm:
Don't you like the truth? Or is it okay to burn those nasty gasses to make YOUR equipment....then revert back to hugging trees and cursing fosil fuel burning?
Oh to think how many fosil fuels were burnt to make your nice paved roadways to ride on.  Grin Grin Grin

How do you turn your steering wheel when your hands are clinging to the rear bumper as you push your car up the hills, Captain?

Since you are so careful not to upset the greenies by starting your car's internal fossil-fueled power station, it must be hard to steer from behind it. 

Seriously, I tell you that cars make pollution and bikes don't, and rather than admit that you are wrong, you stoop to the depths of sadness by trying to argue that the manufacture of bicycles uses more energy than the manufacture of cars?

Well I am glad that's true in your mind because no matter what you or I do, the world is heading for another mass extinction because of all the cars we have loved so dearly, (Hawaii & Guatemala), so you can say that you have contributed to the ultimate cure for life in the universe. 

Just think of all the shrinks and social workers we son't have to put up with on tv when there are no more worries left in the world!  Oblivion is good for the budget deficit, because we won't have to pay politicians anymore after the planet explodes, will we?

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 4:17pm

Imrah wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 3:37pm:
Captain Caveman wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 3:24pm:

How do you turn your steering wheel when your hands are clinging to the rear bumper as you push your car up the hills, Captain?

Since you are so careful not to upset the greenies by starting your car's internal fossil-fueled power station, it must be hard to steer from behind it. 

Seriously, I tell you that cars make pollution and bikes don't, and rather than admit that you are wrong, you stoop to the depths of sadness by trying to argue that the manufacture of bicycles uses more energy than the manufacture of cars?

Well I am glad that's true in your mind because no matter what you or I do, the world is heading for another mass extinction because of all the cars we have loved so dearly, (Hawaii & Guatemala), so you can say that you have contributed to the ultimate cure for life in the universe. 

Just think of all the shrinks and social workers we son't have to put up with on tv when there are no more worries left in the world!  Oblivion is good for the budget deficit, because we won't have to pay politicians anymore after the planet explodes, will we?

Well I wasn't arguing that point at all. Geez I'm not that thick. Of coarse bicycles are cleaner to run manufacture etc. I was mearly stating that bicycles are not exempt from fosil fuel usage by way of their production and the smooooth roads they ride on... although Qld roads are like shaker grids in some places.  Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Send Topic Print