Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print
Motorists demand fair go from bike thugs... (Read 15406 times)
Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Re: Motorists demand fair go from bike thugs...
Reply #195 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 6:07am

rhino wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:10am:
Valkie wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:08pm:
rhino wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 12:25am:
Valkie wrote on Jun 11th, 2018 at 7:16pm:

d.

So
If I picture a thug, I guess I see a COWARD who uses means other than skill to intimidate or threaten people.

You mean like people with knives? I agree. Only a coward would use a weapon to try and intimidate someone.

I would not use it other than in self defence, or training.

But use it I would, without hesitation.

If it's between me and them, it's me every time.

Quick, run back inside, someone might drive down the street and see you.
You poor sad little man, always trying to prove you are a tough guy. You must have lead a very ordinary life.

Yes, very ordinary.
I work, I play, I contribute.
But your extraordinary life of sitting in front of a computer too afraid to leave the house, never seeing anything save that you see on your screen, must be so much better.

😊

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #196 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 9:43am

freediver wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 6:04pm:
Valkie wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 3:19pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 12:33pm:
Quote:
I agree with Valkie.  Number plates for bikes must become mandatory.  And, imo, bike riders/owners should also pay rego, insurance, the whole deal.

The cost of the paperwork would be an order of magnitude higher than what you can get a new bike for. This is nanny state gone crazy.

Don't you think it's a bit of a hysterical over-reaction to call them thugs?

You have obviously never been to Sydney and seen couriers in action.
Thugs accurately describes them.

Been there plenty of times. Never seen and scary pushbike 'thugs'.

Quote:
But cars, trucks and motorcycles can be easily identified.

Cyclists cannot, they therefore believe anything goes and they cant be caught.

Make them identifiable and we would have at least some semblance of fairness.

On a different point of note.

The Cane toads want to register and speed limit disability scooters.

What next? Keeping pensioners indoords without a handler.

Nanny state....Australia.

Same with pedestrians. They should be forced to have a number plate stapled to the back of their head.

Lol, I agree. Particularly on bike paths when people are on their mobile phones and not looking.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #197 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:20am

They should also have a go-go-gadget style flashing light on top of their head. These pedestrians think they can just wander wherever they want, scaring old ladies, little girls, and valkie.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #198 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:24am

freediver wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:20am:
They should also have a go-go-gadget style flashing light on top of their head. These pedestrians think they can just wander wherever they want, scaring old ladies, little girls, and valkie.

Valkies terrified of MAMILS.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #199 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 11:13am

Dont ever think Valkies scared, he carries a knife.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #200 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 12:53pm

rhino wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 11:13am:
Dont ever think Valkies scared, he carries a knife.

We should have number plates for those too. Nothing worse than thugs with knives on bikes riding wherever they want.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #201 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:58pm

This just happened.

I was in the right lane and slowed down so the car in the left lane would have room to move across to give a bike a meter.
It was down a windy and narrow road with no shoulder. It was also near a building site so the chance of having debris on the road dangerous to a bike was high.

The car in the left lane waved thanks, and the traffic flow in general was improved by the car in the left not having to slow right down.

The car behind beeped me because his progress was impeded by 0.0005% of a bees fart.

At the next lights the car behind pulled level, it was some old half retarded looking guy with a disabled sticker on his window.

I wonder if I'd held him up from racing home to sit alone and eat his meals and wheels lunch.

These are the people that I often find are annoyed by bike riders.

IBI

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #202 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 2:07pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 1:58pm:
This just happened.

I was in the right lane and slowed down so the car in the left lane would have room to move across to give a bike a meter.
It was down a windy and narrow road with no shoulder. It was also near a building site so the chance of having debris on the road dangerous to a bike was high.

The car in the left lane waved thanks, and the traffic flow in general was improved by the car in the left not having to slow right down.

The car behind beeped me because his progress was impeded by 0.0005% of a bees fart.

At the next lights the car behind pulled level, it was some old half retarded looking guy with a disabled sticker on his window.

I wonder if I'd held him up from racing home to sit alone and eat his meals and wheels lunch.

Indeed, as I said IME its the 0.0001% who are the idiots. (Although they all seem to drive utes)

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #203 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 5:26pm

The only thing that really scares me is that the big dum horned animal isn't in a mental asylum.

It's a crime that they don't spend the money to help poor unfortunate like him.

Sadly, this is life, but he will never know
because he has never lived.

Poor old rhino.
Sad old rhino

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #204 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 5:39pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 13th, 2018 at 2:07pm:
This just happened.

Indeed, as I said IME its the 0.0001% who are the idiots. (Although they all seem to drive utes)

A ute is worth an extra 10 kph, with tradie racks and such add another 10, and if it's a red one... wow! 

Nearly nailed one last night on the freeway - zoomed out from the left into a 110 kph zone while another car was stationary there waiting to go across - luckily there was nothing in the right lane and I swerved around him.

Utes... the story I could tell. They develop a feeling of invincibility and of entitlement to drive like arseholes because they're 'on business'.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #205 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 5:47pm

This just happened.

That was Valkie.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print