Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print
Motorists demand fair go from bike thugs... (Read 15379 times)
PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Motorists demand fair go from bike thugs...
Reply #165 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:13pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 12:58pm:
PZ547 wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 12:54pm:
  Being able to show police how you cut me off, gave me the finger, deliberately impeded my own or other vehicles' ability to utilize the road for its intended purpose will be of immense satisfaction to me, as will teh knowledge that you ran out of points, will be prevented from riding the roads for a specified period and after undertaking retraining

Since I haven't done that to any driver, why do I need a rego plate? I'm too busy concentrating on my riding to give you the finger.  I mean lets face it 99.999% of motorists and 99.999% of cyclists do the right thing. I'm not looking to have motorists rights removed, so bugger off trying to remove mine.

You've said everything any driver needs to know about you, right there

That's a truly infantile response

' I'm not looking to have motorists' rights removed so bugger off trying to remove mine' ... says you.  Says the reasoning of a six year old when confronted with reason

Well here's the news.  Amputation of your lower limbs will remove your abilities to use the roads and not even the six year old's big bottom lip could dispute that

then poof goes all the alleged 'fitness and health'.  Reliant on others to go to the toilet and necessity to learn to use a motorised wheelchair, plus ability to afford it and its upkeep, being feet lower than the average supermarket user --- damn, hell of a price, eh? 

So never mind your bottom lip.  Get a big rego plate affixed to your seat.  Pay up to use the road and for the privilege of inconveniencing all those who learned to control big bottom lip syndrome decades ago.  Mind the road rules like a good little citizen.  Stop at lights, stay in your lane, signal when turning, and fit in.  Be mindful that you are being recorded constantly

oh, and watch out for all those truck drivers who, despite your 'importance', simply fail to see you there on those narrow two wheels with no protection at all.  Because those trucks could put you in a wheelchair, motorised or not, for life

No one is permitted to drive a go-cart in traffic.  Why?  Because they are difficult to see, for one.  And a go-cart is more visible to other road users than a push bike

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #166 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:15pm

PZ547 wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:13pm:
  Being able to show police how you cut me off, gave me the finger, deliberately impeded my own or other vehicles' ability to utilize the road for its intended purpose will be of immense satisfaction to me, as will teh knowledge that you ran out of points, will be prevented from riding the roads for a specified period and after undertaking retraining

Since I haven't done that to any driver, why do I need a rego plate? I'm too busy concentrating on my riding to give you the finger.  I mean lets face it 99.999% of motorists and 99.999% of cyclists do the right thing. I'm not looking to have motorists rights removed, so bugger off trying to remove mine.

' I'm not looking to have motorists' rights removed so bugger off trying to remove mine' ... says you.  Says the reasoning of a six year old when confronted with reason

Well here's the news.  Amputation of your lower limbs will remove your abilities to use the roads and not even the six year old's big bottom lip could dispute that

then poof goes all the alleged 'fitness and health'.  Reliant on others to go to the toilet and necessity to learn to use a motorised wheelchair, plus ability to afford it and its upkeep, being feet lower than the average supermarket user --- damn, hell of a price, eh? 

So never mind your bottom lip.  Get a big rego plate affixed to your seat.  Pay up to use the road and for the privilege of inconveniencing all those who learned to control big bottom lip syndrome decades ago.  Mind the road rules like a good little citizen.  Stop at lights, stay in your lane, signal when turning, and fit in.  Be mindful that you are being recorded constantly

oh, and watch out for all those truck drivers who, despite your 'importance', simply fail to see you there on those narrow two wheels with no protection at all.  Because those trucks could put you in a wheelchair, motorised or not, for life

No one is permitted to drive a go-cart in traffic.  Why?  Because they are difficult to see, for one.  And a go-cart is more visible to other road users than a push bike

So you ignored all the other statements and focused on the end. Well done. And we have lots of legislation about increasing visibility of bikes on the road. We now have to use lights.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #167 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:16pm

1. I already signal, stay in my lane and follow the road rules. WHy do I need a plate.
2. If truck drivers cant see me on the road, then they shouldnt be driving. Cyclists are about as prominent as motorcycles.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #168 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:21pm

But how about a compromise PZ. How about a license plate like a race plate?

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #169 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:21pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 12:56pm:
Actually not stirring. Big license plates will slow me down.

But you and your pals are already slowing motorists down.
Oh the irony.  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #170 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:23pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:21pm:

So what were you planning on doing with the 5 secs you usually wait to overtake a cyclist.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #171 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:29pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:15pm:

So you ignored all the other statements and focused on the end. Well done. And we have lots of legislation about increasing visibility of bikes on the road. We now have to use lights.

Road users are required to conform.  For example, modifications to motorised vehicles are prohibited in many instances.  Motorists are required to submit their vehicle to inspection.  Height from road surface, wheels, tyres, etc. result in restriction of driving privileges until the vehicle is brought into line with regulations

That is the future most people, not only motorists, envisage for bikes, bike riders.  And that's perfectly reasonable

In the future, bikes will have to be registered and insured, etc. and will be required to conform with regulations

Bike riders will be subject to all the rules and regulations currently imposed on drivers of motorised vehicles

People will vote for that.  Pollticians are reliant on votes.  Bike riding will be as restrictive as driving  with the addition of specially designed and expensive body-protection: knees, elbows, arms, legs, neg braces, teflon face masks, full-body coocoons and bulky airbags front, rear and sides, not to mention limited-use helmets

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #172 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:30pm

We already are expected to conform to the road rules and have a suitable bike for the road.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #173 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:32pm

Helmets have to met Australian Standards. Bikes have to met certain standards. Tyres and components do as well.

I'm already insured for CTP insurance on my bike, and I have personal injury cover. In terms of being injured by a motorist and therefore having their insurance pay, well if its their fault so they should.

But then again, I'm happy to pay my rego based on gross vehicle mass like cars and trucks do.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #174 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:33pm

And what do you mean limited-use helmets?

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #175 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:46pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:23pm:

So what were you planning on doing with the 5 secs you usually wait to overtake a cyclist.

Same thing you plan on doing going 5kph less    Wink

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #176 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:51pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 12:51pm:
rhino wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 12:48pm:
Cyclists should not be sharing roads with motor vehicles, far too often I see perfectly good bike paths unused while these cycle nutters mix with cars and trucks.

Whilst I agree with you in some cases, the problem is that bike paths are more windy and have more stops than the road and the one thing cyclists hate doing is stopping and starting. Thats why they go on the roads.

Personally I ride on the roads for my commute where there is a safe designated bike lane on the road, but then will go to the bike path where there is not one. On my weekend rides in the country, then I will go on the roads.
I dont think motorists can ever be trained to respect or even see cyclists, same goes for motorbikes. Im an occasional bike rider and I dont go anywhere near motorists. I had a nasty incident at a set of lights about 4 years ago with a car running a red light which taught me a lesson. Doesnt matter if you are in the right if death or permanent disability is the reward. I dodged a bullet, I dont argue the case anymore over who is right or wrong, I just stick to the paths no matter how long it takes.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #177 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:54pm

Captain Caveman wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:46pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:23pm:

Same thing you plan on doing going 5kph less    Wink

True, but I'd just make up for it by riding a longer distance.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #178 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:54pm

rhino wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:51pm:
Cyclists should not be sharing roads with motor vehicles, far too often I see perfectly good bike paths unused while these cycle nutters mix with cars and trucks.

Whilst I agree with you in some cases, the problem is that bike paths are more windy and have more stops than the road and the one thing cyclists hate doing is stopping and starting. Thats why they go on the roads.

Personally I ride on the roads for my commute where there is a safe designated bike lane on the road, but then will go to the bike path where there is not one. On my weekend rides in the country, then I will go on the roads.
I dont think motorists can ever be trained to respect or even see cyclists, same goes for motorbikes. Im an occasional bike rider and I dont go anywhere near motorists. I had a nasty incident at a set of lights about 4 years ago with a car running a red light which taught me a lesson. Doesnt matter if you are in the right if death or permanent disability is the reward. I dodged a bullet, I dont argue the case anymore over who is right or wrong, I just stick to the paths no matter how long it takes.

I don't know., I think the overwhelming majority of drivers are fine.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #179 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:58pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:54pm:
rhino wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 1:51pm:

I don't know., I think the overwhelming majority of drivers are fine.
Majority, sure. You only need to get clobbered by the minority.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 
Send Topic Print