Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Tesla Model 3 "One hell of a car" says Top Gear (Read 10501 times)
DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Re: Tesla Model 3 "One hell of a car" says Top Gear
Reply #90 - Oct 14th, 2018 at 9:06am

https://insideevs.com/tesla-out-delivers-porsche-in-q3/
Porsche is now selling way fewer cars than Tesla.
Not only Jaguar, but Porsche too is not able to keep pace with Tesla anymore. According to industry analyst Matthias Schmidt (schmidtmatthias.de), Tesla sold 26% more cars than Porsche during the third quarter.
Q3’2018 results:
Tesla – 83,500
Porsche – 66,000
Jaguar – 41,900
Clearly, it’s the Tesla Model 3 effect (over 55,800) and we don’t see any circumstances that would allow the situation to reverse in the near future.
Now, it’s only a matter of time before Tesla will be ahead of Porsche YTD (probably not this year, but like sometime in 2019):
Nine months of 2018 results:
Porsche – 196,600
Tesla – 154,200
Jaguar – 136,000

Looks like Jag have thrown in the towel

https://insideevs.com/jaguar-considers-electric-only-next-decade/

The I-Pace was just the jumping off point.
Everyone wants to take on Tesla, it seems… or maybe certain companies just see the benefit of electric motors over internal combustion engines. Whatever the case, Jaguar might be the latest in a laundry list of brands to do so. Following the initial success of the I-Pace, the British marque could switch to a fully electric lineup in as little as 10 years.

Considering Porsche and Tesla have the highest profit margins of their cars, now that Tesla is outselling Porscha it give a bit of prospective on how much they r making now...
The last 2 months Tesla have the highest grossing car sold in the USA with the Tesla 3. Top that with the heighest profit margin and even though other companies r selling higher number than Tesla they wont be making anywhere near as much money.

Them not having made a profit yet because they have been expanding is paying off now....Last year they made 100,000 cars the last quarter they made 80,000 cars, thats 320,000 yearly production... In the next few days Tesla will be releasing how much they made in the last quarter, it will be very interesting.
ohh  6 years ago they made 2000 car that year.... 2000 to 320,000 in 6 years is a amazing feat. Their customers also love them with the highest approval rating of any car, last month the owners where volunteering to help get their cars out of the showrooms to help them out. Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #91 - Oct 14th, 2018 at 5:17pm

I'm never buying a brand new car!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  Wink

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #92 - Nov 19th, 2018 at 4:27am

https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-budget-stretch-phenomenon/
THE ‘TESLA STRETCH’ IS PROVING CAR BUYERS WILL PAY MORE FOR A MODEL 3
The Tesla Model 3 is turning out to be an electric car that’s seducing car buyers across multiple market segments. According to CleanTechnica, “45% of current electric car drivers plan to buy a Tesla next.” Okay, that’s understandable. Non-Tesla EV drivers might be interested in a Tesla. That said, it’s extraordinary how many gas-powered car owners, from vastly different auto segments, are transitioning to Teslas.
Bloomberg reports, “When Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk first revealed the Model 3 at a late-night party in March 2016, the vehicle was expected to compete in the premium sedan market against the likes of Audi, BMW, Lexus and Mercedes. Instead, owners of mass market cars like the Honda Accord and Toyota Prius are opening their wallets for the sedan, signaling that the vehicle is pushing Tesla beyond its luxury niche and more into the mainstream.”
“For Earl Banning, getting behind the wheel of a Tesla meant spending more than he ever had on a car. The 43-year-old Air Force neuropsychologist from Dayton, Ohio, ponied up $54,000 for a Model 3, figuring he would save on gas and keep the car for a long time. It was almost double what he had previously paid for a fully loaded Honda Accord,” reports Bloomberg.
Banning says, “I call it the Tesla Stretch — everyone I’ve met who owns a Model 3 is willing to spend more to get into a Model 3.” For example, a former Nissan Altima owner, 36-year-old Eric Snapat, spent nearly $60,000 on his new Tesla. And 26-year-old Robert Preston actually charges $155 a day to rent out his Tesla on Turo to help pay for his new Model 3. “Every weekend I have someone renting it,” Preston said.
“Tesla recently said that more than half the trade-ins for the Model 3 were from vehicles priced below $35,000. And there are signs that the sedan’s popularity is adding [some] pressure on rival carmakers… In October, sales of cars such as the Accord and Prius continued to slip as deliveries of the Model 3 ramped up,” according to Bloomberg.
“Tesla has captured lightning in a bottle,” said Jeremy Acevedo, manager of industry analysis at researcher Edmunds. “It’s hard to even benchmark the Model 3 against other cars because it’s broken the mold in so many ways.”

American would also have to love the Tesla because they r the most American made vehicle's u can buy, I remember ppl buying Holdens because they thought they where Aussie, even though  they r really American.... Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - Nov 19th, 2018 at 10:10am

I betya socko must be drowning in his vomit Cheesy LOL

Just waiting for it to post another car accident picture Cheesy LOL

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #94 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 5:09am

https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-sales-november-u-s-2018/
Year-Over-Year
If we look at year-over-year for the Model 3, the gains are ridiculous. In November 2017, Tesla sold 337 Model 3. Compare that to last month’s 18,650 and you’ll notice there’s more than just a wee bit of growth there.
The YTD tally so far for the Model 3 stands at 114,472.
The highest previous volume of sales ever for an electric car in a single year was back in 2014 when LEAF sales hit 30,200, so the Model 3 obliterated that record and there’s still one big Model 3 month left for the year.
Tesla's r maturing nicely, also 6000 S @ X sales in the USA as well, China has just lowered its tariff on yank cars so they should pick up there again as well  Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 10:59am

socko and his oily mates still want us all to have jobs scraping plates at a cafeteria or cleaning toilets instead of building electric cars Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print