Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Aussie to be hanged in Malaysia (Read 7736 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Aussie to be hanged in Malaysia
May 24th, 2018 at 7:53pm

Seems a bit unfair seeing as the trial judge found she'd been duped into carrying the drugs.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/australian-grandmother-maria-exposto-sentenced...

IBI

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: Aussie to be hanged in Malaysia
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2018 at 8:16pm

They don't muck around in Malaysia -

they hang em and hang em high.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 24th, 2018 at 8:31pm

Gee, he was about to star in a movie about Moh. Now he's being executed in Malaysia?

I blame Islam for sure.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 24th, 2018 at 8:36pm

If she reverted back to Islam and put a hihab on they would have let her off.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 24th, 2018 at 8:48pm

Night market trader gets 3 years jail for planning to bomb Johor Baharu nightclub
April 17, 2017 20:35 MYT

Justice Datuk Azman Abdullah meted out the punishment on Jasanizam Rosni, 33, effective from his arrest on Aug 9, 2016.
KUALA LUMPUR: A night market trader was sentenced to three years in prison by the High Court here today for planning to attack a nightclub in Johor Baharu with a hand grenade, last year.

Justice Datuk Azman Abdullah meted out the punishment on Jasanizam Rosni, 33, effective from his arrest on Aug 9, 2016.

The trader initially claimed trial, and hearing of the case had been fixed for today. However, he changed his plea to guilty when the charge was read out to him again.

The judge said the accused''s plan to attack the nightclub, "regarded as a place of vice", to punish those who patronised the premises, was insensible.

"Punishing people with the use of bombs and so on is basically wrong. I''m sure those who visited such premises are young people who, as they grow old will change for the better. There is no need to bomb the place," he said.

Jasanizam committed the offence at a house in Kampung Parit Gantung, Seri Merlong, Rengit, Batu Pahat between June and Aug 9, 2016, under Section 130JD (1) of the Penal Code, which carries a maximum seven years imprisonment and a fine on conviction.

Based on the facts of the case, he planned to carry out the terrorist act after an individual named Muhammad Wanndy Mohamed Jedi instructed him to take a hand grenade from a man named Jonius Ondie for the attack.

He also met with three other men named Md Saifuddin Muji, Imam Wahyudin Karjono and Sogon and was told by the former that the explosive would be used to attack the nightclub. The men took lessons from You Tube on how to use the bomb.

Jasanizam also planned with Md Saifuddin to target temples and nightclubs in Johor after learning that Sogon and Imam Wahyudin succeeded in carrying out a bomb attack at the Movida nightclub in Puchong.

He said he also wanted to keep the explosive at Md Saifuddin''s rented house but the latter objected and planted the bomb under a coconut tree in his village in Rengit, Johor Baharu.

Earlier in mitigation, Jasanizam''s counsel Mohd Ruzaini Zulkifli told the court that the accused only played a minor role in the plan.

However, deputy public prosecutor Muhammad Fadzlan Mohd Noor urged the court to impose a deterrent sentence in view of the seriousness of the offence.

"Although the facts of the case showed that he played a minimal role, nevertheless, he was carrying a bomb. Had it not been discovered, the result would have been an incident such as what happened at the Movida nightclub in Puchong," submitted DPP.

-- BERNAMA

NAA SSA MGN EM 17/04/2017 18-10ST

A terrorist gets 3 years and this sheila is getting hanged for drugs. I blame Islam.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #5 - May 24th, 2018 at 9:20pm

I doubt she will be hanged. It'll be a traumatic experience for her though. How stupid are some people? She an adult ffs and she is groomed to do this? It's like all those whining pensioners that "lose their life savings". You've been on the Earth for long enough to know better than be conned, yet you allow yourselves to be conned through emotional or economic greed. I find it hard to have pity but I hope she's not hanged and learns something she should well and truly have learned by age 30.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #6 - May 24th, 2018 at 9:29pm

Mr Hammer wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 8:48pm:
A terrorist gets 3 years and this sheila is getting hanged for drugs. I blame Islam.

Malaysia is almost an Islamic republic.
It's full of mussie nutcases.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #7 - May 24th, 2018 at 9:53pm

Setanta wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 9:20pm:
I doubt she will be hanged. It'll be a traumatic experience for her though. How stupid are some people? She an adult ffs and she is groomed to do this? It's like all those whining pensioners that "lose their life savings". You've been on the Earth for long enough to know better than be conned, yet you allow yourselves to be conned through emotional or economic greed. I find it hard to have pity but I hope she's not hanged and learns something she should well and truly have learned by age 30.

There are some very simple people out there,  Set.

There was a similar case where an elderly woman was caught in Hong Kong,  they knew she was duped and kicked her out of the country.

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #8 - May 24th, 2018 at 9:59pm

Gordon wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 9:53pm:

There was a similar case where an elderly woman was caught in Hong Kong,  they knew she was duped and kicked her out of the country.

How the fck do they make it to adulthood, let alone be a grandmother?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #9 - May 24th, 2018 at 10:07pm

Setanta wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 9:59pm:

It's actually not easy to really understand how totally stupid some people are. Existing and popping out a few kids in Australia doesn't take much processing power.

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #10 - May 24th, 2018 at 10:09pm

Gordon wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 10:07pm:

It's actually not easy to really understand how totally stupid some people are. Existing and popping out a few kids in Australia doesn't take much processing power.

Don't make me feel depressed.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #11 - May 24th, 2018 at 10:44pm

But should someone hang for being an idiot?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #12 - May 24th, 2018 at 11:05pm

Bobby. wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 10:44pm:

She's not going to hang for being an idiot. If she hangs it will be for drug import/export/trafficking. Should idiots be allowed to escape the consequences of their actions? If idiots faced the consequences earlier, perhaps they would not breed more idiots.

If she was 18 with no kids I'm sure we could call it winning a Darwin award.
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2018 at 11:10pm by Setanta »  

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #13 - May 24th, 2018 at 11:53pm

Setanta wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 11:05pm:
Bobby. wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 10:44pm:

She's not going to hang for being an idiot. If she hangs it will be for drug import/export/trafficking. Should idiots be allowed to escape the consequences of their actions? If idiots faced the consequences earlier, perhaps they would not breed more idiots.

If she was 18 with no kids I'm sure we could call it winning a Darwin award.

Well yes - she's already passed her sub optimal genes on
to another generation of idiots.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #14 - May 25th, 2018 at 1:16am

Trust an Islamite?  Not with my life......

Kill 'em all - let God sort 'em out....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8
Send Topic Print