Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Live export customer looking for other suppliers (Read 1672 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Live export customer looking for other suppliers
Reply #15 - May 24th, 2018 at 1:09pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 12:12pm:
Gnads wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 9:51am:
Our live beef industry operates mainly into Indonesia... and a newer market is opening up into Vietnam.

Both those places have ethical problems with slaughter ... the Indos because they are Muslim & use halal slaughter & the Vietnamese just because they are cruel bastrds.

The ME is all sheep ..... and as well as the riskys sea journey they are unloaded cruelly & they seem to get sold off one at a time with people taking them away in wheelbarrows & in car boots etc.

They must like their mutton bruised  Angry

The only decent mutton I have ever tasted was on a property at Roma nearly 40 years ago. Home killed, hung over night & cut up next day.

The mutton that would go to the butcher trade must have been all clapped out old wethers & culled ewes ... it tasted terrible.

pigs are pretty well in a cage their whole life and r smarter than dogs... don't hear anything from u on them...... Wink Wink

You ought to be caged you parrot.

There are a lot more free ranged pigs & chooks today ... but if there wasn't intensive industry you fargin starve.

And pigs have ventilation, fed & don't have the decks swaying.

I'm not against live export .... but it needs to be vastly improved.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #16 - May 25th, 2018 at 1:54am

I'm a softie - and once a man of the land - I would never treat an animal like that.

I once said that if 'we' had any cattle in the back paddock, they would grow to be very old, fat,  and valued pets.

Once through the stargate - you see truth for what it is....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #17 - May 26th, 2018 at 11:07am

Gnads wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 8:34pm:
Phill wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 3:41pm:
In all the fuss about live exports and the cruel conditions endured by the animals on the boats, no one ever asks exactly why a "live-trade" exists at all in the first place !!!! Well I'm glad you asked!!!... You see, the reason why the live-trade exists is so that these animals can be slaughtered in an Islamic manner, meaning they are pointed towards Mecca with a prayer said before having a blade slashed across it's throat and left to bleed out. so really, people can fuss about the conditions on these boats as much as they want but wont stop the brutal death they receive once they depart the destination port.

We have HALAL slaughtermen at abattoirs all over the country ............ your point is moot.

With a sociopathic obsession with needing to kill things in order to please their Allah, Muslims will look elsewhere for satisfying their bloodlust. They can't actually accept that white boy country Australia has enough Muslims to be able to carry out ritualist barbarity of halal slaughter.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #18 - May 29th, 2018 at 8:55am

miketrees wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 11:59am:
Once again city based snowflakes trying to push their own agenda and crucifying farmers.

If animals were forced to experience such cruelty onshore, those responsible would be subject to prosecution under Western Australian animal welfare laws.
Ownership and legal accountability should not shift offshore as soon as stock are on board.

There is also growing scrutiny of mortality and cargo insurance arrangements. They reduce the incentive to improve on-board conditions and potentially impose the costs of poor practice on other insurance customers through higher premiums.
Until recently it’s been hard to count the costs of the "ships of shame".
The conditions on board were hidden from public view.
Farmers have taken comfort from industry rhetoric about high standards of care.

Now, assisted by modern technology, the truth is visible.
We can all see what happens to the millions of Australian sheep dispatched from Fremantle every year.
Will there be anything left for Australian producers to be proud of by the time this business model dies?

A recent study by Pegasus Economics estimates only around $9 million a year in price premiums (averaging $2000 per sheep farmer) would be lost to producers if the Fremantle sheep exports were banned.
Twice as much could be gained by the boost to Australian meat sales.

Is it a price we are willing to pay, to end the horror?

https://www.smh.com.au/national/live-sheep-exports-are-not-worth-the-moral-cost-...

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print