Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Live export customer looking for other suppliers (Read 1671 times)
Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Live export customer looking for other suppliers
May 23rd, 2018 at 9:53am

Last time we were stupid enough to ban live exports our customers started buying from Canada and Brazil.

Quote:
Importer Kuwait-based Al Mawashi jittery over Australian sheep trade doubts

Australia’s biggest live sheep customer has confirmed it has started looking elsewhere for supply, amid suggestions Australia could stop the trade.
Kuwait-based Al Mawashi, known as Kuwait Livestock Transport and Trading Company, warned there could be wider ramifications for Australian agricultural commodities such as meat and grain imports.
Al Mawashi, which has imported Australian live sheep for the past 40 years, buys up to two-thirds of the 1.8 million head of live sheep exported annually, in an industry worth $250 million a year.

Al Mawashi chief executive Osama Boodai said that his company wanted to continue importing Australian sheep.
“But our food security needs and the doubts about Australian sheep exports means Al Mawashi is already looking to find other secure sources of livestock,” he said.

But Mr Boodai confirmed that even a summer ban could lead to retaliation.
“This could also bring into question the significant volumes of fodder we import for feeding Australian sheep in our feedlots, as well as the chilled and frozen sheep meat we also import,” he said.
Although Al Mawashi had not yet sought replacement live sheep contracts with alternative sources, it is eyeing countries such as Somalia and Romania.

Even a summer ban — also flagged by State Agriculture Minister Alannah MacTiernan — could open the door to year-round competition.
“We need a reliable, 12-month-a-year supply, and if we can’t get it from Australia, we’ll be forced to look elsewhere — not just for the summer, but for the whole year,” Mr Boodai said.
“We need stable markets, to keep our ships running and our feedlots and abattoirs operational. The market is not something we can simply turn on and off like a tap.”

https://thewest.com.au/business/agriculture/importer-kuwait-based-al-mawashi-jit...

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Live export customer looking for other suppliers
Reply #1 - May 23rd, 2018 at 11:13am

That's why any phasing out suggestion was based on at least a 5 year time frame.

What this Al Mawashi mob need to do is upgrade their ships to a decent standard for feeding, watering, ventilating, drainage & stocking numbers.

What they do now is as old the 40 years they say they have been buying live Aussie sheep.

It's not good enough .... & they know it.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Phill

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 23rd, 2018 at 3:41pm

In all the fuss about live exports and the cruel conditions endured by the animals on the boats, no one ever asks exactly why a "live-trade" exists at all in the first place !!!! Well I'm glad you asked!!!... You see, the reason why the live-trade exists is so that these animals can be slaughtered in an Islamic manner, meaning they are pointed towards Mecca with a prayer said before having a blade slashed across it's throat and left to bleed out. so really, people can fuss about the conditions on these boats as much as they want but wont stop the brutal death they receive once they depart the destination port.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 23rd, 2018 at 3:49pm

Gnads wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 11:13am:
That's why any phasing out suggestion was based on at least a 5 year time frame.

yes. So they can get gasoline generators to run fridges. Wink

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #4 - May 23rd, 2018 at 4:42pm

How will poms afford to come here if backloading on live sheep transporters ceases?

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #5 - May 23rd, 2018 at 5:45pm

Phill wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 3:41pm:
In all the fuss about live exports and the cruel conditions endured by the animals on the boats, no one ever asks exactly why a "live-trade" exists at all in the first place !!!! Well I'm glad you asked!!!... You see, the reason why the live-trade exists is so that these animals can be slaughtered in an Islamic manner, meaning they are pointed towards Mecca with a prayer said before having a blade slashed across it's throat and left to bleed out. so really, people can fuss about the conditions on these boats as much as they want but wont stop the brutal death they receive once they depart the destination port.

You left out the part where they first sexually molest the sheep or sell the bones they think are attractive to the muzzo sex trade.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 23rd, 2018 at 8:34pm

We have HALAL slaughtermen at abattoirs all over the country ............ your point is moot.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 23rd, 2018 at 8:35pm

Unforgiven wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 4:42pm:
How will poms afford to come here if backloading on live sheep transporters ceases?

I dunno ... you know everything you work it out.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #8 - May 24th, 2018 at 6:55am

He's just trying to 'stroke' the market a little by offering the veiled threat of changing his supplier.... if it were so beneficial he'd have done it long ago....

I thought the back-loading of sheep was done primarily by frustrated Muslims....

... and if he buys from South America he'll have to watch out for Sheepmales.....
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2018 at 7:05am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Phill

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - May 24th, 2018 at 8:15am

Gnads wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 8:34pm:

We have HALAL slaughtermen at abattoirs all over the country ............ your point is moot.

Your exactly right "Gnads" so why aren't they slaughtered in an appalling way right here in Oz then packed off on a ship. I suspect it's because they are tight ar-ses and want cheap meat!!.

Meanwhile here in OZ we pay exorbitant prices for meat in which some families can't afford.
Imagine if those cattle were used solely for domestic consumption !!, you would see cheaper meat right across the board.

With Sheep it would mostly be mutton, but I'm not embarrassed to say I'm partial to a bit mutton any time of the week  Grin

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 24th, 2018 at 9:51am

Our live beef industry operates mainly into Indonesia... and a newer market is opening up into Vietnam.

Both those places have ethical problems with slaughter ... the Indos because they are Muslim & use halal slaughter & the Vietnamese just because they are cruel bastrds.

The ME is all sheep ..... and as well as the riskys sea journey they are unloaded cruelly & they seem to get sold off one at a time with people taking them away in wheelbarrows & in car boots etc.

They must like their mutton bruised  Angry

The only decent mutton I have ever tasted was on a property at Roma nearly 40 years ago. Home killed, hung over night & cut up next day.

The mutton that would go to the butcher trade must have been all clapped out old wethers & culled ewes ... it tasted terrible.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 24th, 2018 at 11:59am

Once again city based snowflakes trying to push their own agenda and crucifying farmers.

The ships will be fixed, the trade will go on as long as there is demand.

The city snowflakes will try and stuff something else up.

You all better hope that the snowflakes dont pick on something that will destroy your livelihood.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #12 - May 24th, 2018 at 12:08pm

Gnads wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 8:34pm:

how is that any more brutal than the way they r normally killed ? Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #13 - May 24th, 2018 at 12:12pm

Gnads wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 9:51am:
Our live beef industry operates mainly into Indonesia... and a newer market is opening up into Vietnam.

Both those places have ethical problems with slaughter ... the Indos because they are Muslim & use halal slaughter & the Vietnamese just because they are cruel bastrds.

The ME is all sheep ..... and as well as the riskys sea journey they are unloaded cruelly & they seem to get sold off one at a time with people taking them away in wheelbarrows & in car boots etc.

They must like their mutton bruised  Angry

The only decent mutton I have ever tasted was on a property at Roma nearly 40 years ago. Home killed, hung over night & cut up next day.

The mutton that would go to the butcher trade must have been all clapped out old wethers & culled ewes ... it tasted terrible.

pigs are pretty well in a cage their whole life and r smarter than dogs... don't hear anything from u on them...... Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - May 24th, 2018 at 12:20pm

how is that any more brutal than the way they r normally killed ?

Well spotted, the snowflakes dont want anyone eating meat.

If their motivation was purely animal welfare they would want more live exports from Australia, because our animals are treated much better than most other countries.

They have just seen an opportunity to damage farmers, (their ideological nemesis)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print