Send Topic Print
Christian Extremists (Read 6557 times)
DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Christian Extremists
May 23rd, 2018 at 9:37am

Christian Nation Eritrea , Christian Government and according to Wiki and Pew research  is 62% Christian population with the rest some downtrodden Muslims.
There government party name is pretty sad for what they are.
People's Front for Democracy and Justice
its just a dictatorship which is a shame.
The problem is , If u like the Official Government approved version of Christianity your fine . any thing else its off to jail..
http://www.ehrea.org/prisonersreligion.php
Its just a shame to see another extremist Country that's using its religion to oppress its people..

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Re: Christian Extremists
Reply #1 - May 23rd, 2018 at 9:55am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism#Contemporary
Mark Juergensmeyer, a former president of the American Academy of Religion, has argued that there has been a global rise in religious nationalism after the Cold War due to a post-colonial collapse of confidence in Western models of nationalism and the rise of globalization.[18][19] Juergensmeyer categorizes contemporary Christian terrorists as being a part of "religious activists from Algeria to Idaho, who have come to hate secular governments with an almost transcendent passion and dream of revolutionary changes that will establish a godly social order in the rubble of what the citizens of most secular societies regard as modern, egalitarian democracies".[20]

I never realized how many Christian terrorist groups there are, dam a lot of ppl kill in the name of their religion

I suppose seeing all the anti Muslims here and the extreme measures they want to go to get rid of them its easy enough to see how these terror groups start  Wink
Kill everyone that isn't doing the right thing.... and Christ be with you (not my opinion, for those that like to get one line and distort)Wink Wink
p.s
and no I don't want anyone living near me that wants to take my freedoms  Tongue
does anyone want any of the ppl in these organizations living near them ? Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #2 - May 23rd, 2018 at 10:10am

See the biggest problem is the Bible it encourages Christians to kill, those that do wrong and that are not believers, If they truly believe what the bible says its all there.
Yes yes some old testament but isn't Jesus god ?
and isn't god perfect and unchangeable, so old testament god has to be new testimment god or he changed , didn't he ?
Killing Non Believers

Luke 19:27 ESV / 75 helpful votes
But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”
Deuteronomy 17:1-20 ESV / 44 helpful votes
“You shall not sacrifice to the Lord your God an ox or a sheep in which is a blemish, any defect whatever, for that is an abomination to the Lord your God. “If there is found among you, within any of your towns that the Lord your God is giving you, a man or woman who does what is evil in the sight of the Lord your God, in transgressing his covenant, and has gone and served other gods and worshiped them, or the sun or the moon or any of the host of heaven, which I have forbidden, and it is told you and you hear of it, then you shall inquire diligently, and if it is true and certain that such an abomination has been done in Israel, then you shall bring out to your gates that man or woman who has done this evil thing, and you shall stone that man or woman to death with stones. ...
2 Chronicles 15:12-13 ESV / 36 helpful votes
And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.
Matthew 10:34 ESV / 32 helpful votes
Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
2 Chronicles 15:13 ESV / 32 helpful votes
But that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death, whether young or old, man or woman.
Leviticus 20:27 ESV / 31 helpful votes
“A man or a woman who is a medium or a necromancer shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones; their blood shall be upon them.”
John 3:16 ESV / 29 helpful votes
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Exodus 22:19 ESV / 28 helpful votes
“Whoever lies with an animal shall be put to death.
Deuteronomy 17:2 ESV / 26 helpful votes
“If there is found among you, within any of your towns that the Lord your God is giving you, a man or woman who does what is evil in the sight of the Lord your God, in transgressing his covenant,
Revelation 21:8 ESV / 25 helpful votes
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”
Psalm 49:10 ESV / 24 helpful votes
For he sees that even the wise die; the fool and the stupid alike must perish and leave their wealth to others.
1 Samuel 15:2-3 ESV / 24 helpful votes
Thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘I have noted what Amalek did to Israel in opposing them on the way when they came up out of Egypt. Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’”
Leviticus 20:13 ESV / 24 helpful votes
If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.
Hebrews 3:12 ESV / 22 helpful votes
Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God.
2 Corinthians 4:4 ESV / 22 helpful votes
In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
Deuteronomy 17:2-5 ESV / 22 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful
“If there is found among you, within any of your towns that the Lord your God is giving you, a man or woman who does what is evil in the sight of the Lord your God, in transgressing his covenant, and has gone and served other gods and worshiped them, or the sun or the moon or any of the host of heaven, which I have forbidden, and it is told you and you hear of it, then you shall inquire diligently, and if it is true and certain that such an abomination has been done in Israel, then you shall bring out to your gates that man or woman who has done this evil thing, and you shall stone that man or woman to death with stones.

That's only a few, more here
https://www.openbible.info/topics/killing_non_believers

So as long as a Person calls themselves a Christian they have to follow that scripture,
its easy to see why no one wants to really follow the bible,

Isnt it fun to pick out a few examples of a Religious Handbook to say they r all extremists because the book says ? Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 23rd, 2018 at 12:19pm

Kill the unbelievers.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #4 - May 23rd, 2018 at 1:03pm

Just what the world needs, more Middle Eastern, Abrahamic God-Freaks. And what's the bet someone is going to claim that they have the wrong interpretation of the Bible. Wouldn't have anything to do with their basic inability to form an individual opinion of the nature of reality. Move on, evolution.
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2018 at 1:13pm by issuevoter »  

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #5 - May 23rd, 2018 at 5:10pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 10:10am:

See the biggest problem is
the Bible it encourages Christians to kill, those that do wrong and that are not believers
, If they truly believe what the bible says its all there.

Killing Non Believers

Absolute poppycock.

DonDee,      you are a liar, and a deceiver.

.....and i can prove it.

The bible, nowhere, instructs believers to kill unbelievers, because they are unbelievers.

Kill [Hebrew] covenant breakers ?    Yes.

Or because persons are common criminals or murderers, yes.

Because persons are unbelievers ?

No.

Why must the covenant breakers be killed ?

Because that was the penalty, for breaking the covenant the Hebrew made, with his God.

Yadda said....
Quote:

Why must the Hebrews keep God's ordinances and laws ?

Because the Hebrews had freely, willingly, and without coercion, entered into an agreement [a holy covenant] with their God to live by/according to his laws.

Exodus 19:5
Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6  And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
7  And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.
And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

The ancient Hebrews were A COVENANT PEOPLE.

They had entered into a solemn covenant with their God.

[n.b.
There was nothing to stop any Hebrew from leaving his people, if he/she did not want to live according to the covenant that his people had entered into, with God.

Any Hebrew could leave his people, and go and live 'in the world', among the Gentiles.

Thereby, becoming a Gentile!

But if the Hebrew person remained living among God's people, and blatantly and intentionally, broke the covenant with God [that he was constrained by], that Hebrew person understood, that he was risking LAWFUL execution, according to the terms of the covenant, with God.]

Leviticus 20:24
...I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people.

Leviticus 20:26
And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #6 - May 23rd, 2018 at 5:19pm

the Bible it encourages Christians to kill, those that do wrong and that are not believers

Absolute poppycock.

QUESTION;
What was the fullfilling of the law of God,     i.e. Moses law,  Old Testament law ?

Matthew 7:12
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

FURTHER.....

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

As per......

Matthew 19:16
And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17  And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18  He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19  Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

All Torah law....

Thou shalt do no murder,

Thou shalt not commit adultery,

Thou shalt not steal,

Thou shalt not bear false witness,

Honour thy father and thy mother

All of the above were quoted by Jesus, from the book(s) of the law, the Torah ['the laws of Moses'],
Exodus 20:12-16
Deuteronomy 5:16-20

And including,
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
From, Leviticus 19:18

FURTHER.....

Even in the Old Testament bible,       the commandment [of God] to the ancient Hebrews, was to act justly, to Hebrews and towards strangers.

Here are verses from the Torah for you......

Yadda said.....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1493888183/39#39
Quote:

.....the ancient Hebrews - HAD NO SANCTION FROM THEIR GOD TO MURDER THOSE WHO WERE NOT HEBREWS - because they were not Hebrews.

AGAIN, the law of the ancient Hebrews [given by their God],
.....prohibited the ancient Hebrews from murdering anyone because they were not Hebrews.

Exodus 12:49
One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.

Exodus 22:21
Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him...

Exodus 23:9
Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger...

Leviticus 19:33
And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.
34  But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself...

n.b.
.....and thou shalt love him as thyself

Leviticus 25:47-49
[these verses clearly speak of [and reveal that it was entirely 'lawful'] for Hebrews [themselves] to become bond servants [slaves], to prosperous strangers living among the Hebrews.]

Deuteronomy 1:16
And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.

Deuteronomy 10:17-19
For the LORD your God... loveth the stranger, ...Love ye therefore the stranger:
for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Deuteronomy 24:17
Thou shalt not pervert the judgment of the stranger, nor of the fatherless; nor take a widow's raiment to pledge:
18  But thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in Egypt, and the LORD thy God redeemed thee thence: therefore I command thee to do this thing.

Deuteronomy 27:19
Cursed be he that perverteth the judgment of the stranger...

So stop with the rubbish, and the lies,    DonDee.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #7 - May 23rd, 2018 at 5:28pm

issuevoter wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 1:03pm:
Just what the world needs, more Middle Eastern, Abrahamic God-Freaks. And what's the bet someone is going to claim that they have the wrong interpretation of the Bible. Wouldn't have anything to do with their basic inability to form an individual opinion of the nature of reality. Move on, evolution.

Just what i would expect from you        issue.

The rabid atheist.

The God hater.

Did someone drop you on your head, while you were a babe ?

Rabid.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #8 - May 23rd, 2018 at 5:34pm

Yadda wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 5:28pm:

The rabid atheist.

The God hater.

Rabid.

Yadda is an empty vessel beaten and manipulated by others to amplify and propagate their hate.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #9 - May 23rd, 2018 at 6:18pm

Oh look,     its UNFORGETTABLE,     come back, to contribute to the debate here on OzPol.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #10 - May 23rd, 2018 at 6:59pm

Yadda wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 5:19pm:

Absolute poppycock.

QUESTION;
What was the fullfilling of the law of God,     i.e. Moses law,  Old Testament law ?

Matthew 7:12
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

FURTHER.....

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

As per......

Matthew 19:16
And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17  And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18  He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19  Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

All Torah law....

Thou shalt do no murder,

Thou shalt not commit adultery,

Thou shalt not steal,

Thou shalt not bear false witness,

Honour thy father and thy mother

All of the above were quoted by Jesus, from the book(s) of the law, the Torah ['the laws of Moses'],
Exodus 20:12-16
Deuteronomy 5:16-20

And including,
Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
From, Leviticus 19:18

FURTHER.....

Even in the Old Testament bible,       the commandment [of God] to the ancient Hebrews, was to act justly, to Hebrews and towards strangers.

Here are verses from the Torah for you......

Yadda said.....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1493888183/39#39
Quote:

.....the ancient Hebrews - HAD NO SANCTION FROM THEIR GOD TO MURDER THOSE WHO WERE NOT HEBREWS - because they were not Hebrews.

AGAIN, the law of the ancient Hebrews [given by their God],
.....prohibited the ancient Hebrews from murdering anyone because they were not Hebrews.

Exodus 12:49
One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.

Exodus 22:21
Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him...

Exodus 23:9
Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger...

Leviticus 19:33
And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.
34  But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself...

n.b.
.....and thou shalt love him as thyself

Leviticus 25:47-49
[these verses clearly speak of [and reveal that it was entirely 'lawful'] for Hebrews [themselves] to become bond servants [slaves], to prosperous strangers living among the Hebrews.]

Deuteronomy 1:16
And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.

Deuteronomy 10:17-19
For the LORD your God... loveth the stranger, ...Love ye therefore the stranger:
for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Deuteronomy 24:17
Thou shalt not pervert the judgment of the stranger, nor of the fatherless; nor take a widow's raiment to pledge:
18  But thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in Egypt, and the LORD thy God redeemed thee thence: therefore I command thee to do this thing.

Deuteronomy 27:19
Cursed be he that perverteth the judgment of the stranger...

So stop with the rubbish, and the lies,    DonDee.

So none of those verses I put up r in the Bible.  Wink Wink Wink
Are mediums and necromancers non believers that need to be stoned ? Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #11 - May 24th, 2018 at 6:20am

Yadda wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 5:10pm:

See the biggest problem is
, If they truly believe what the bible says its all there.

Killing Non Believers

Absolute poppycock.

DonDee,      you are a liar, and a deceiver.

.....and i can prove it.

The bible, nowhere, instructs believers to kill unbelievers, because they are unbelievers.

Kill [Hebrew] covenant breakers ?    Yes.

Or because persons are common criminals or murderers, yes.

Because persons are unbelievers ?

No.

Why must the covenant breakers be killed ?

Because that was the penalty, for breaking the covenant the Hebrew made, with his God.

Yadda said....
Quote:

Why must the Hebrews keep God's ordinances and laws ?

Because the Hebrews had freely, willingly, and without coercion, entered into an agreement [a holy covenant] with their God to live by/according to his laws.

Exodus 19:5
Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6  And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
7  And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.
And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

The ancient Hebrews were A COVENANT PEOPLE.

They had entered into a solemn covenant with their God.

[n.b.
There was nothing to stop any Hebrew from leaving his people, if he/she did not want to live according to the covenant that his people had entered into, with God.

Any Hebrew could leave his people, and go and live 'in the world', among the Gentiles.

Thereby, becoming a Gentile!

But if the Hebrew person remained living among God's people, and blatantly and intentionally, broke the covenant with God [that he was constrained by], that Hebrew person understood, that he was risking LAWFUL execution, according to the terms of the covenant, with God.]

Leviticus 20:24
...I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people.

Leviticus 20:26
And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

so your saying apostasy in Christianity is punishable by death     got it  Wink Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #12 - May 24th, 2018 at 9:59pm

Hey, Yadda, how about these Bible instructions?

Deuteronomy 13
Deuteronomy 17
Numbers 31

Mmmm?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #13 - May 25th, 2018 at 6:53am

Yadda wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 5:28pm:

The rabid atheist.

The God hater.

Rabid.

You can accuse me of Atheism if you wish, but try stretching your mind to encompass other, less primitive, interpretations of reality. Its not that I don't believe in a God, its that I don't believe in stupid ones. And the Abrahamic interpretations are top of the list for Stupid.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - May 25th, 2018 at 5:38pm

How is the government using the Christian religion to oppress people?

What commandment is it using exactly?
Thou shalt not kill perhaps?  that's pretty oppressive. Cheesy

The Golden Rule maybe...  do unto others as you would have them do unto you?

No? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print