Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Two-Thirds of Americans Credit President Trump (Read 1702 times)
longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Two-Thirds of Americans Credit President Trump
Reply #30 - May 24th, 2018 at 4:59pm

Actually, NOBODY in business or banking or real-estate or finance thinks Trump is a success. He is considered a business disaster largely of his own making. There is a reason that the last time US banks lent Trump Corp any money it was on the condition that Trump have NOTHING TO DO WITH RUNNING IT. Of Course trump took over and bankrupted it and no USA money lender will lend to Trump.

That is not a reputation of success or ability.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #31 - May 24th, 2018 at 5:06pm

Panther wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 4:58pm:
Feel free to quote,  if you can......

Is there any point?  You seem to have your mind made up and only go looking for material that supports your point of view.

The only reason I read his books was because of what little I knew about him when he started trying to cash in on the birther movement.  What I knew of him didn't leave a very nice taste in my mouth.

It only got worse after that.

To some he's a great role model, to others he's the epitome of the worst aspects of privileged loudmouth New Yorkers.

I see an insecure tiny man who wants ever so desperately to seen as and considered a great man and he didn't choose the high road to get there.

I used to think he was just a crass old money safety net arsehole but when you learn about how he would attack his critics or go after their families or their livelyhoods and the absolute bullshit he'd simply make up to attack them, he's a dispicible person.

If you're open to learning more I'm happy to play along, but this isn't the thread.

But like Light, you seem more than happy with how you see things and I don't get any indication that you'd want to change.

BTW, do you still live in Aus or are you a US resident if you don't mind me asking?

I'm clearly an aussie in QLD so I don't have a say in voting in the US and I'm not directly impacted by their choice of President, other than his impacts to the global scene.  That does change my point of view slightly.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #32 - May 24th, 2018 at 5:36pm

SadKangaroo wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 5:06pm:
Panther wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 4:58pm:
Feel free to quote,  if you can......

Is there any point?  You seem to have your mind made up and only go looking for material that supports your point of view.

The only reason I read his books was because of what little I knew about him when he started trying to cash in on the birther movement.  What I knew of him didn't leave a very nice taste in my mouth.

It only got worse after that.

To some he's a great role model, to others he's the epitome of the worst aspects of privileged loudmouth New Yorkers.

I see an insecure tiny man who wants ever so desperately to seen as and considered a great man and he didn't choose the high road to get there.

I used to think he was just a crass old money safety net arsehole but when you learn about how he would attack his critics or go after their families or their livelyhoods and the absolute bullshit he'd simply make up to attack them, he's a dispicible person.

If you're open to learning more I'm happy to play along, but this isn't the thread.

But like Light, you seem more than happy with how you see things and I don't get any indication that you'd want to change.

BTW, do you still live in Aus or are you a US resident if you don't mind me asking?

I'm clearly an aussie in QLD so I don't have a say in voting in the US and I'm not directly impacted by their choice of President, other than his impacts to the global scene.  That does change my point of view slightly.

You seem to be very opinionated, & you appear to gravitate to views held by the moderate left.

That said though, I can at least appreciate your apparent honesty, in refreshing contrast to outright liars like LimpWeakend58, who lets his fertile imagination leak out his ass consistently.

That's why I ignore him, literally.

I live in Northern Victoria, & have lived here for the better part of the past 30 years.

As far as Trump......I'm on record, as attested by posts I made here about 2 years ago, that I felt he was an asshole, but as time passed I saw his genius shine through, & as the election came upon us, I saw he was going to be the only candidate that made sense, & could beat Shillary "Slick Willy" Clinton.

I agree with his positions on virtually everything.  Wink

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #33 - May 24th, 2018 at 8:14pm

Richdude wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 2:55am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 8:19pm:
So that means dreamers children are citizens.

No! Not automatically because their parents came here illegally!

This is a thorny question.

are you allowed to0 disagree with the Panther ???

Panther has said that all people naturally born in the USA are American citizens by default ?

Caesarean births have a bit of a question mark but the illegally borne seem to fit within the definition provided.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #34 - May 25th, 2018 at 10:27am

Dnarever wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 8:14pm:
Richdude wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 2:55am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 8:19pm:
So that means dreamers children are citizens.

No! Not automatically because their parents came here illegally!

This is a thorny question.

........Panther has said that all people naturally born in the USA are American citizens by default......

Quote:
Citizenship in the United States is a matter of federal law, governed by the United States Constitution.

Since the adoption of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution on July 9, 1868, the citizenship of persons born in the United States has been controlled by its Citizenship Clause, which states: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."[6]

The 14th Amendment to the United States Constitution.....passed & ratified in 1868.....was incorporated into the Constitution, became the Law of the Land, & stands as stated subject to Supreme Court interpretation.

▶ If you are born in the USA.....on US soil, regardless of parentage, you are a Natural Born American Citizen.

If the Supreme Court interprets the 14th Amendment otherwise, then their ruling would take precedent.

I know of no such ruling.......do you? 

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #35 - May 26th, 2018 at 7:54am

Panther wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 5:36pm:
You seem to be very opinionated, & you appear to gravitate to views held by the moderate left.

My opinions are formed by the facts of the situation.  At this point with the fairytale world Trump Supporters seem to live in, I'm not surprised that it's somewhere on the left that lands closer to reality.

Quote:
That said though, I can at least appreciate your apparent honesty, in refreshing contrast to outright liars like LimpWeakend58, who lets his fertile imagination leak out his ass consistently.

I live in Northern Victoria, & have lived here for the better part of the past 30 years.

As far as Trump......I'm on record, as attested by posts I made here about 2 years ago, that I felt he was an asshole, but as time passed I saw his genius shine through, & as the election came upon us, I saw he was going to be the only candidate that made sense, & could beat Shillary "Slick Willy" Clinton.

There is no doubt he is great at getting support and winning people over.  It's just shame that hasn't translated into being a competent leader.

But he has yet to prove he can even keep his own house in order, let alone provide a powerful and stable leadership for the nation.

And the scariest thing, unlike Obama or even Bush, his supporters are unable to hold him to account when he makes a mistake.  They act like he is perfect and when ever he does screw things up, like with North Korea, they just lower the bar or change the goal posts.

That will only ever result in diminishing returns, something Trump is well known for.

What has happened this week should be a wake up call for his supporters.

Don't stop supporting him, but you owe it to yourselves to demand more from him.  If he claims he's better than Obama or Clinton then make him live up to that.  Don't just accept that he can attack them more than before.

He's actually got to prove his worth, not just be a winner by default, a winner because he claims he's better than the lies he tell of his opponents.

Slandering his opposition is all he's got.  You don't even need to read his books, learn his history, just watch his campaign video and compare that to his true record in office.

You want a better USA, you want Trump to Make America Great Again?

That won't happen, that can't happen if you keep making excuses for his failures, for all the times he choose the rich over the forgotten people, then praise him for doing a great job.

You don't reinforce negative behaviour in a two year old, or a puppy, why would you do it for the President!?

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Re: Two-Thirds of Americans Credit President Trump!!!
Reply #36 - May 26th, 2018 at 11:04am

SadKangaroo wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 7:54am:
Panther wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 5:36pm:

My opinions are formed by the facts of the situation.  At this point with the fairytale world Trump Supporters seem to live in, I'm not surprised that it's somewhere on the left that lands closer to reality.

Quote:

There is no doubt he is great at getting support and winning people over.  It's just shame that hasn't translated into being a competent leader.

But he has yet to prove he can even keep his own house in order, let alone provide a powerful and stable leadership for the nation.

And the scariest thing, unlike Obama or even Bush, his supporters are unable to hold him to account when he makes a mistake.  They act like he is perfect and when ever he does screw things up, like with North Korea, they just lower the bar or change the goal posts.

That will only ever result in diminishing returns, something Trump is well known for.

What has happened this week should be a wake up call for his supporters.

Don't stop supporting him, but you owe it to yourselves to demand more from him.  If he claims he's better than Obama or Clinton then make him live up to that.  Don't just accept that he can attack them more than before.

He's actually got to prove his worth, not just be a winner by default, a winner because he claims he's better than the lies he tell of his opponents.

Slandering his opposition is all he's got.  You don't even need to read his books, learn his history, just watch his campaign video and compare that to his true record in office.

You want a better USA, you want Trump to Make America Great Again?

That won't happen, that can't happen if you keep making excuses for his failures, for all the times he choose the rich over the forgotten people, then praise him for doing a great job.

You don't reinforce negative behaviour in a two year old, or a puppy, why would you do it for the President!?

Like I said, you are free to post/express your personal opinions, & you have.

I personally applaud you for utilizing your Right (temporary as it may be, we don't have a Bill of Rights here yet protecting 'Free Speech'...) for utilizing your Right to do that.

But, alas, to a degree, I disagree with the greater bulk of your personal opinions, as my future posts, in due time,  will bear.  Wink

« Last Edit: May 26th, 2018 at 11:16am by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Tap

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - May 29th, 2018 at 11:35am

2/3rds of Americans. Thats about 215 Million people compared to 110 million. Wow Shocked

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print