Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Islam's focus on Geography (Read 3610 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Islam's focus on Geography
Reply #30 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 11:55am

moses wrote on May 31st, 2018 at 4:17pm:
Yeah silly nincompoops, every body knows that when the qur'an says to kill everybody, that's just islamic code for:

Tea and bickies 3 P.M., under the talking palm tree, to be followed by party games e.g. pin the tail on the flying donkey, who can squat the lowest while taking a leak, then the talking rock will give a seminar on how to cut clitorises out of little girls, all good harmless muslim fun.

The problem is no one wants to ascertain, how these highest grade of muslims can so easily take it to mean exactly what it says, then go out and kill people. 

Good point moses. Just like everyone knows that when the Quran says 'no compulsion in religion' and 'whosoever will, let him believe, and whosoever will, let him disbelieve' - it really means slaughter people for their beliefs.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #31 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 12:19pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 1st, 2018 at 11:55am:
Good point moses. Just like everyone knows that when the Quran says 'no compulsion in religion' and 'whosoever will, let him believe, and whosoever will, let him disbelieve' - it really means slaughter people for their beliefs.

That's how Muhammad interpreted it.

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 1st, 2018 at 11:49am:
So I'm wondering why they 'think outside the straight-jacket of Muhammedan lunacy' in the first place - if its really "anathema to their religion".

Do you understand the logical fallacy yet?

Because it is human nature Gandalf. Suppressing human nature is not the same thing as making it disappear. Where exactly is this logical fallacy?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #32 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 12:35pm

freediver wrote on Jun 1st, 2018 at 12:19pm:
Where exactly is this logical fallacy?

People are ideologically opposed to seeking knowledge while simultaneously seeking to do it - apparently.

Both you and Frank are evidently closed-minded to the possibility that some muslims think that pursuit of knowledge is "Islamic" - just because we know some don't.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 4:44pm

gandalf wrote: Reply #30 - Today at 11:55am

Quote:

But you see gandi the real issue is, the myriad of verses in the qur'an, which denigrate and despise people of differing beliefs.

That is what we are all talking about.

So the big question is:

When are you going to have an honest inquiry into the innumerable qur'an verses which are motivating muslims to perpetrate global human rights atrocities?

Or, when are you going to cut the bullshit gandi?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #34 - Jun 1st, 2018 at 6:40pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 1st, 2018 at 12:35pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 1st, 2018 at 12:19pm:
Where exactly is this logical fallacy?

People are ideologically opposed to seeking knowledge while simultaneously seeking to do it - apparently.

Both you and Frank are evidently closed-minded to the possibility that some muslims think that pursuit of knowledge is "Islamic" - just because we know some don't.

People are inclined to do all sorts of things that their ideology forbids. This is not a logical fallacy Gandalf. For the most part, the ideological exclusion makes sense when you consider the common good. In Islam's case, it makes sense from the perspective of further imposing Islam on people.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #35 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 11:42am

The logical fallacy is in saying that other people intimidate you to not behave in a particular way - therefore you are ideologically opposed to that behaviour.

To put it in terms you understand - its like saying that people who refrain from drawing cartoons of muhammad because they fear being killed for it - are ideologically opposed to drawing cartoons of Muhammad.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #36 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 6:44pm

Quote:
The logical fallacy is in saying that other people intimidate you to not behave in a particular way - therefore you are ideologically opposed to that behaviour.

It is not a logical fallacy in the case of Islam. Islam follows up ideological opposition with stoning cheating child brides to death.

If a Muslim woman confesses to adultery in the hope of getting a better seat in Islamic heaven, and is promptly stoned to death, is she ideologically opposed to her own behaviour? Is there also a culture of violence that is a bit more effective in actually stopping her behaviour, as well as any other women who notice what is going on?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #37 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 11:11am

freediver wrote on Jun 4th, 2018 at 6:44pm:
If a Muslim woman confesses to adultery in the hope of getting a better seat in Islamic heaven, and is promptly stoned to death, is she ideologically opposed to her own behaviour?

Of course she is. But to equate that to why some muslims might choose to pursue knowledge and independent thought is patently absurd. Your logic boils down to nothing more than 'I know its wrong, but I can't stop myself from doing it'. You should reread my previous post, especially the Muhammad drawing analogy.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #38 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 3:58pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 11:11am:
freediver wrote on Jun 4th, 2018 at 6:44pm:
If a Muslim woman confesses to adultery in the hope of getting a better seat in Islamic heaven, and is promptly stoned to death, is she ideologically opposed to her own behaviour?

Of course she is. But to equate that to why some muslims might choose to pursue knowledge and independent thought is patently absurd. Your logic boils down to nothing more than 'I know its wrong, but I can't stop myself from doing it'. You should reread my previous post, especially the Muhammad drawing analogy.

Where is this logical fallacy you were complaining about now? Has it disappeared? Is being ideologically opposed to your own innate tendencies, and being threatened with violence to back this up, now consistent with Islamic practice?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #39 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 4:23pm

freediver wrote on Jun 5th, 2018 at 3:58pm:
Where is this logical fallacy

Put it this way - do you think cartoonists who feel intimidated into refraining from drawing the prophet are ideologically opposed to drawing Muhammad cartoons? It would be a logical fallacy to conclude they are agreed?

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #40 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 5:59pm

I expect there are plenty around who do object, as well as feeling threatened.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #41 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 10:25am

you didn't answer the question FD.

It is a logical fallacy to ascribe those people's unwillingness to make Muhammad-mocking cartoons as an ideological opposition to Muhammad-mocking.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #42 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 11:02am

polite_gandalf wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 10:25am:
you didn't answer the question FD.

It is a logical fallacy to ascribe those people's unwillingness to make Muhammad-mocking cartoons as an ideological opposition to Muhammad-mocking.

No. It may be incorrect for those people it is incorrect for. But I still don't see the logical fallacy.

Perhaps you should make something up.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #43 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:48pm

freediver wrote on Jun 6th, 2018 at 11:02am:
No. It may be incorrect for those people it is incorrect for. But I still don't see the logical fallacy.

Drawing the false conclusion from the premise (muslims are ideologically opposed to free thinking because they don't do it out of fear of being killed for it) is the logical fallacy, it has nothing to do with whether or not anyone in that situation might happen to be also ideologically opposed to it. Its no different to saying cartoonists are ideologically opposed to drawing Muhammad because they refrain from doing it out of fear of being killed for it.

To dumb it down even more:
fear of retribution for doing something = ideological opposition to doing it
- is obviously a false conclusion - or as I call it, a logical fallacy

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #44 - Jun 6th, 2018 at 12:55pm

What's the difference between dumbing down and making up?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print