Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Hydrogen the worse new energy (Read 3571 times)
longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Hydrogen the worse new energy
Reply #30 - May 22nd, 2018 at 12:15pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 10:34am:
longweekend58 wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 10:21am:
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 9:54am:
longweekend58 wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 9:52am:
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 9:48am:
longweekend58 wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 9:42am:
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 9:05am:
BigOl64 wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 8:44am:
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 8:15am:
longweekend58 wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 8:05am:
EVs cant compete with petrol cars on price either so what is your point?

I saw my first Tesla today. Ive seen more Ferraris than that.

Ive never seen a news report that says a BEV wont have cost pairity, it just how many years away, some say2-3 some say 20, so BEV will be same price even cheeper than ice's and the biggist thing is no more oil from the middle east.
Hydrogen will never be cheeper, well unless there are a lot of new technologies discovered.
Bev's need scale, Fcev's need engineering. Wink Wink

Yes because the entire petrochemical industry and everything that derives from that is of no use to us as a first world country at al, does it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrochemical

Australia makes 5% of our oil, that will more than make all the plastics and other bits and pieces if we stop using oil for a fuel source. Wink Wink

try ships and planes running on battery. See how that works out.

try heavy equipment running on batteries and see how they work out. Also, try electrifying the entire national train network and see how that works out.

Plus... where is your extra electricity generation capacity to charge all these EVs at night after the sun has gone down and solar does you no good?

You are a zealot with all the pragmatic plans of a zealot ie none at all.

wow insults to make a point... your so good at this Long  Wink Wink
yes I can see where hydrogen can be involved in all of that  Wink Wink Wink

Oil, child. We have oodles of it and it works spectacularly well. Our entire civilisation was built on it. Might be a clue there.

Pollution kills at least nine million people and costs trillions of dollars every year, according to the most comprehensive global analysis to date, which warns the crisis “threatens the continuing survival of human societies”.
Oil the way of the future......... Tongue Tongue Tongue

yes I can see where hydrogen can be involved in all of that  Wink Wink

how about some links to that?

btw, oil is literally the fuel that FEEDS and HEATS much of the world as well.

and climate change is just another example of overreach. Climate is not outside norms of variation nor heading there. We are still cooler than 1000 years ago.

I never argue climate temps, only the poisons coming from fossil fuels which no one refute.
Google is your friend Week ,just type in pollution deaths 2017 for a start  Wink Wink Wink
and Hydrogen is mentioned .... is it the worse energy  Wink Wink Wink

why dont you also google the industrial revolution and how it transformed the planet and how it is powered by.... oil and gas.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #31 - May 22nd, 2018 at 12:19pm

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1099738_hydrogen-fueling-station-reliabilit...Those problems are not unique to the station he runs, Dray said, commenting that failures at multiple stations often compound frustration for drivers, who are forced to spend more time in L.A.'s infamous traffic searching for fuel.
"I think [reliability] is going to be an issue for some time," Dray said, attributing the challenges to the newness of the technology.
Thus far, it hasn't collected a single cent directly from a customer. Manufacturers are picking up the tab, for now.

Damm its lucky for the manufactures of these vehicles that they have only made 3500 worldwide so far , if they have to pick up the fuel bill ($17 for 1 litre of Hydrogen in Cal) Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - May 22nd, 2018 at 12:27pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 12:19pm:
https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1099738_hydrogen-fueling-station-reliabilit...Those problems are not unique to the station he runs, Dray said, commenting that failures at multiple stations often compound frustration for drivers, who are forced to spend more time in L.A.'s infamous traffic searching for fuel.
"I think [reliability] is going to be an issue for some time," Dray said, attributing the challenges to the newness of the technology.
Thus far, it hasn't collected a single cent directly from a customer. Manufacturers are picking up the tab, for now.

Damm its lucky for the manufactures of these vehicles that they have only made 3500 worldwide so far , if they have to pick up the fuel bill ($17 for 1 litre of Hydrogen in Cal) Wink Wink

You are, as always, insanely critical of new technologies unless is it YOUR fav tech. That generally makes your opinion close to worthless. Zealots are everywhere. EV-owning commentators however, are not.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #33 - May 22nd, 2018 at 12:49pm

longweekend58 wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 12:27pm:

You are, as always, insanely critical of new technologies unless is it YOUR fav tech. That generally makes your opinion close to worthless. Zealots are everywhere. EV-owning commentators however, are not.

yes yes insult insult.... U know insults make your opinion really worthwhile  Wink
I am as always ???? Proof  Cheesy
Fact
       Hydrogen in Claifornia is (US)$17 a Litre
       The Manufactures give $15000 credit to FCEV in Cal
       Most of the Stations are breaking down and some for years.

Show me  'Insane  Critical' on this. I'm quite happy to be shown wrong  Wink Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - May 22nd, 2018 at 3:47pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 12:49pm:

yes yes insult insult.... U know insults make your opinion really worthwhile  Wink
Fact

Show me  'Insane  Critical' on this. I'm quite happy to be shown wrong  Wink Wink Wink

You miss the point as you always so. EVs are unaffordable for joe average and unwanted by the same. THAT is your problem, petrol-car-driver.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - May 22nd, 2018 at 4:07pm

Speak for yourself longprong who apparently now owns a solar PV system after years of bagging it in favour of the never ever fusion pie in the sky !!

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - May 22nd, 2018 at 4:08pm

longweekend58 wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 3:47pm:

Fact

You miss the point as you always so. EVs are unaffordable for joe average and unwanted by the same. THAT is your problem, petrol-car-driver.

EV's are currently unaffordable because the fossil fool car manufacturers refuse to manufacturer them in the same economies of scale they do for fossil fool vehicles.

Also fossil fool cars are artificially subsidized by future revenue from service and spare parts which is not applicable to EV's hence the reason why they bump up the price on them !!
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2018 at 4:21pm by Sir lastnail »  

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #37 - May 22nd, 2018 at 6:03pm

Fact

Ohh dear can’t answer any of the last post, so just redirect and start insults again..... well done long.
And what’s your thoughts on hydrogen ? Wink Tongue

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #38 - May 22nd, 2018 at 6:06pm

Sir lastnail wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 4:08pm:

Fact

EV's are currently unaffordable because the fossil fool car manufacturers refuse to manufacturer them in the same economies of scale they do for fossil fool vehicles.

Also fossil fool cars are artificially subsidized by future revenue from service and spare parts which is not applicable to EV's hence the reason why they bump up the price on them !!

I forget that BEVs won’t need much servicing and going to ruin after sales and most mechanics, damm it will be cheep once they get down in price. Smiley Smiley

I am me

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #39 - May 22nd, 2018 at 7:09pm

Hydrogen is not an energy source. It's just another battery.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #40 - May 22nd, 2018 at 7:22pm

freediver wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 7:09pm:

So hydrogen is a battery ? Does that make petrol a battery too ?
Maybe your thinking of a fuel cell which makes electricity then  recharges the batteries and or powers the electric motor in the car.
Hydrogen can also be used like petrol but is really expensive.
Hydrogen is a explosive gas. Hydrogen will not store energy, it is a energy  Wink Wink
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2018 at 8:08pm by DonDeeHippy »  

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #41 - May 28th, 2018 at 7:02am

Wow look at the hundereds of Millions the Aussie states r willing to throw away on Hydrogen, when every house and business already has power to charge some batteries, its Water Desalt :all again Smiley Cheesy

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #42 - Jun 11th, 2018 at 7:48am

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2018/2/16/16926950/hydrogen-fuel-tech...
It’s called Internal Combustion Assistance (ICA), a modification to internal combustion engines that enables them to substantially increase their fuel efficiency and reduce their air pollution. It does this by adding tiny amounts of gaseous hydrogen and oxygen to the fuel just before it is combusted in the engine’s cylinders. The HHO mix lends intensity to the combustion, allowing the fuel to burn more completely, generating more oomph and less pollution.
The ICA system can technically work on any internal combustion engine, but to begin with, HyTech is targeting the dirtiest engines with the fastest return on investment, namely diesel engines — in vehicles like trucks, delivery vans, buses, and forklifts, but also big, stationary diesel generators, which still provide backup (and even primary) power by the millions across the world.
All those diesel engines produce carcinogenic smoke containing particulate pollution (soot) and nitrogen oxides (NOx), which are hell on human health. States and cities around the world are cracking down on diesel air pollution.
HyTech’s offer to that market is pretty remarkable: it claims that its ICA can improve the fuel efficiency of a diesel engine between 20 and 30 percent, reduce particulate matter by 85 percent, and reduce NOx by between 50 and 90 percent. In concert with a DPF and some SCR, it can yield a diesel engine that meets official California standards for an “ultra-low emissions” vehicle.
The cost of transforming a dirty diesel engine to a relatively clean one: around $10,000 installed, which HyTech estimates will pay itself back in nine months through avoided fuel and maintenance costs.

They have this hydrogen booster that looks promising, these have been around for years but this one is much more controlled and looks like it will work.
Every diesel truck owner will be wanting these and id say every new one will have one if this works as they say.

The next project they have looks even better to convert ICE vehicles 100% to hydrogen buy making its own hydrogen and adding to liquid, they say they have a prototype.. could be pie in the sky though it directors r pretty impressive.
If these work I'm might just have to eat my words on Hydrogen. They have bypassed all the problems with hydrogen now (high pressure and made from Fossil Fuels)
I guess just keep a eye on it Wink Wink
If it does work all these millions that the aussie government are spending on hydrogen gathering will be just another white elephant on a long list of them. Cheesy Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 11:28am

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 7:22pm:
freediver wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 7:09pm:

So hydrogen is a battery ? Does that make petrol a battery too ?
Maybe your thinking of a fuel cell which makes electricity then  recharges the batteries and or powers the electric motor in the car.
Hydrogen can also be used like petrol but is really expensive.
Hydrogen is a explosive gas. Hydrogen will not store energy, it is a energy  Wink Wink

problem is that unlike oil Hydrogen does not occur in abundance in nature so it has to be created using energy so hence the reference to it as a battery. Hydrogen is an energy carrier and an excuse by socko and his mates to keep ripping us all off on our energy needs..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print