Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Hydrogen the worse new energy (Read 3581 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Hydrogen the worse new energy
Reply #15 - May 22nd, 2018 at 9:29am

longweekend58 wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 8:05am:
EVs cant compete with petrol cars on price either so what is your point?

I saw my first Tesla today. Ive seen more Ferraris than that.

The people who buy Tesla's are not the people who would own a Corolla. And weren't you telling us that nobody would ever buy a Tesla and yet Tesla can't make enough of them Wink

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #16 - May 22nd, 2018 at 9:30am

longweekend58 wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 8:47am:
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 8:15am:

Ive never seen a news report that says a BEV wont have cost pairity, it just how many years away, some say2-3 some say 20, so BEV will be same price even cheeper than ice's and the biggist thing is no more oil from the middle east.
Hydrogen will never be cheeper, well unless there are a lot of new technologies discovered.
Bev's need scale, Fcev's need engineering. Wink Wink

Ive been hearing that nonsense for over a decade. EVs are massively more expensive that petrol cars. And in Europe where they sell better than anywhere else is only because dumb Euro govt tax the crap outta petrol cars. Take away penalties and subsidies and EVs wouldnt sell more than 1% at best and R/E would be virtually unknown as well. ANY product that can only exist with massive subsidies is doomed to ultimate failure when those subsidies inevitably run out.

If u want to dicuss ev's being relevant , please there are lots of threads, this one is about hydrogen, please give me your thought on Hydrogen and fuel cells, that would be great.
Why r they taxing Fossil Fuel Cars..... maybe all the poisons they exhaust ???? Wink DDT
Please run your car in a garage for 30mins if u think I'm wrong, or just suck on the tail pipe.... yum  Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #17 - May 22nd, 2018 at 9:36am

BigOl64 wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 9:17am:
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 9:05am:
BigOl64 wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 8:44am:

Ive never seen a news report that says a BEV wont have cost pairity, it just how many years away, some say2-3 some say 20, so BEV will be same price even cheeper than ice's and the biggist thing is no more oil from the middle east.
Hydrogen will never be cheeper, well unless there are a lot of new technologies discovered.

Yes because the entire petrochemical industry and everything that derives from that is of no use to us as a first world country at al, does it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrochemical

Australia makes 5% of our oil, that will more than make all the plastics and other bits and pieces if we stop using oil for a fuel source. Wink Wink

Not even close. Along with the fact we are shutting down our refineries, chemical plants we will be the third world utopia the greens have been dreaming about before too long.

We are anti-industry, we areanti- mining[, we are anti- resources, we are anti-petrochemicals. Where do you think such an anti- industry country will end up?

well if will be a lot easier to breath. Tesla brings 5 Billion Dollars of Revinue into California a year. Pitty they r not in QLD.
and your thoughts on Hydrogen Big  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Wink
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2018 at 9:45am by DonDeeHippy »  

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #18 - May 22nd, 2018 at 9:40am

BigOl64 wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 9:19am:
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 9:03am:
I never really looked into Fool cell cars until now, wow its so inefficient its amazing.
One 2 million dollar 'gas Station' can fill 36 toyota miras a day...
https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1099548_gas-electricity-hydrogen-how-many-c...
According to the California Air Resources Board, those stations will have a maximum fueling capacity of 180 kilograms of hydrogen per day.
That's enough to fill 36 Toyota Mirai vehicles completely each day; the Mirai has a stated fuel capacity of 5 kg.
In other words, while the refueling process itself will likely take less than 10 minutes--or a total of six hours for those 36 Mirais--the other 18 hours is required for the necessary hydrogen to be generated and compressed.

A modern gas station and convenience store, with 12 pumps in three or four single or double ranks, can serve as many as 12 vehicles simultaneously and costs roughly $2 million to construct.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk said a few years ago that Supercharger sites cost $150,000 to build when connected to grid power, and $300,000 when photovoltaic solar panels were included to provide renewable electricity.
That works out to a theoretical maximum of 16,200 kilowatt-hours over a 24-hour day
If every car was an 85-kWh Model S taking up 60 kWh, that would be about 70 actual cars--but it's probably more than 100, assuming some partial charging.

The biggist thing to remember with BEV's is that almost all recharging is done at home, at night. The owners only need to use public chargers for long trips.
Not even mentioned it takes 5 times the electricity to make Hydrogen then ready it for a car than it does for a battery only electric car.
Shell and BP are now putting electric chargers in their gas stations, power already there and cheep to put one in, it will be a long time until they put in a Hydrogen pump that will cost 2 million dollars to fill 30 cars for the day. Wink Wink

It's funny how there will only be technological advancements in batteries and absolutely none in hydrogen production. Lucky for you lot isn't it?

I'm not sure where I said that Big... maybe a we bit of projecting on your part. Wink
I'm sure there will be many advances in both which is good for both because fuel cell cars are electric vehicles and a good cheep range extender will be welcome. Wink

I am me

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - May 22nd, 2018 at 9:42am

Yes because the entire petrochemical industry and everything that derives from that is of no use to us as a first world country at al, does it?

Australia makes 5% of our oil, that will more than make all the plastics and other bits and pieces if we stop using oil for a fuel source. Wink Wink

try ships and planes running on battery. See how that works out.

try heavy equipment running on batteries and see how they work out. Also, try electrifying the entire national train network and see how that works out.

Plus... where is your extra electricity generation capacity to charge all these EVs at night after the sun has gone down and solar does you no good?

You are a zealot with all the pragmatic plans of a zealot ie none at all.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #20 - May 22nd, 2018 at 9:48am

longweekend58 wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 9:42am:

try heavy equipment running on batteries and see how they work out. Also, try electrifying the entire national train network and see how that works out.

Plus... where is your extra electricity generation capacity to charge all these EVs at night after the sun has gone down and solar does you no good?

wow insults to make a point... your so good at this Long  Wink Wink
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1518090670
Maybe your latest little story can go here ?

yes I can see where hydrogen can be involved in all of that  Wink Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - May 22nd, 2018 at 9:52am

the same capacity that is running all of these reverse cycle air conditioners that I never hear you whinge about ?

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - May 22nd, 2018 at 9:52am

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 9:48am:

Oil, child. We have oodles of it and it works spectacularly well. Our entire civilisation was built on it. Might be a clue there.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #23 - May 22nd, 2018 at 9:54am

longweekend58 wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 9:52am:

Oil, child. We have oodles of it and it works spectacularly well. Our entire civilisation was built on it. Might be a clue there.

Pollution kills at least nine million people and costs trillions of dollars every year, according to the most comprehensive global analysis to date, which warns the crisis “threatens the continuing survival of human societies”.
Oil the way of the future......... Tongue Tongue Tongue

yes I can see where hydrogen can be involved in all of that  Wink Wink
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2018 at 10:00am by DonDeeHippy »  

I am me

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - May 22nd, 2018 at 10:01am

The sun will be shining long after you have used up all of the oil and then what are you going to do ?

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #25 - May 22nd, 2018 at 10:06am

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 9:36am:

Not even close. Along with the fact we are shutting down our refineries, chemical plants we will be the third world utopia the greens have been dreaming about before too long.

We are anti-industry, we areanti- mining[, we are anti- resources, we are anti-petrochemicals. Where do you think such an anti- industry country will end up?

well if will be a lot easier to breath. Tesla brings 5 Billion Dollars of Revinue into California a year. Pitty they r not in QLD.

It will be a vastly superior system to batteries by far.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - May 22nd, 2018 at 10:13am

BigOl64 wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 10:06am:

well you'll have to wait another 20 years and another 20 years after that.... before you see it Cheesy LOL

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - May 22nd, 2018 at 10:21am

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 9:54am:

Pollution kills at least nine million people and costs trillions of dollars every year, according to the most comprehensive global analysis to date, which warns the crisis “threatens the continuing survival of human societies”.

how about some links to that?

btw, oil is literally the fuel that FEEDS and HEATS much of the world as well.

and climate change is just another example of overreach. Climate is not outside norms of variation nor heading there. We are still cooler than 1000 years ago.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #28 - May 22nd, 2018 at 10:26am

Sir lastnail wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 10:13am:
BigOl64 wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 10:06am:

well you'll have to wait another 20 years and another 20 years after that.... before you see it Cheesy LOL

And unlike you Ill be able to afford it.  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #29 - May 22nd, 2018 at 10:34am

longweekend58 wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 10:21am:
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 9:54am:

how about some links to that?

btw, oil is literally the fuel that FEEDS and HEATS much of the world as well.

and climate change is just another example of overreach. Climate is not outside norms of variation nor heading there. We are still cooler than 1000 years ago.

I never argue climate temps, only the poisons coming from fossil fuels which no one refute.
Google is your friend Week ,just type in pollution deaths 2017 for a start  Wink Wink Wink
and Hydrogen is mentioned .... is it the worse energy  Wink Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print