Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
New paper on Climate Models (Read 4420 times)
DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Re: New paper on Climate Models
Reply #30 - May 23rd, 2018 at 3:24pm

Grendel wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 3:09pm:
Where did I accuse you personally of posting any images let alone one of a power station Dippy.
You need to stop lying about what I say and think eh.

That only shows how desperate you are to be right when clearly you are wrong.  Otherwise there is no need to lie and you've done that to me several times now.

I suggest you stop it and stop wasting my time correcting your lies. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Grendel wrote on May 22nd, 2018 at 9:30am:
You saying water vapour is not a product of coal fired power stations? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You lot use photos of it often enough claiming its is pollution from them. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

ohh this isn't you ????? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Tongue Wink
ahhh r u really going to say u said lot instead of my name... Shocked Shocked Cheesy
its ok u lot just need to read what is said and get over that feeling everyone is lying to you.....
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2018 at 3:32pm by DonDeeHippy »  

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #31 - May 24th, 2018 at 6:29am

lee wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 3:22pm:
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 1:54pm:
What is the difference between historical simulations and Historical methods.

What do you regard as Historical? Climate models going back to 1880? Poor land data and even worse ocean data.

They don't mention the time used but isn't TCR over a twenty year period and the formula for doubling CO2 is set in formula, are they saying it changes with location ?

Oh good. You are starting to ask questions.

"For instance, the sensitivity only including the fast feedbacks (e.g. ignoring land ice and vegetation), or the sensitivity of a particular class of climate model (e.g. the ‘Charney sensitivity’), or the sensitivity of the whole system except the carbon cycle (the Earth System Sensitivity), or the transient sensitivity tied to a specific date or period of time (i.e. the Transient Climate Response (TCR) to 1% increasing CO2 after 70 years). As you might expect, these are all different and care needs to be taken to define terms before comparing things (there is a good discussion of the various definitions and their scope in the Palaeosens paper).

Each of these numbers is an ’emergent’ property of the climate system – i.e. something that is affected by many different processes and interactions, and isn’t simply derived just based on knowledge of a small-scale process. It is generally assumed that these are well-defined and single-valued properties of the system (and in current GCMs they clearly are), and while the paleo-climate record (for instance the glacial cycles) is supportive of this, it is not absolutely guaranteed. "

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2013/01/on-sensitivity-part-i/

It is any period you want, basically.

And of course you have to know all  "that is affected by (the) many different processes and interactions"

so what r the 2 methods they used to figure their one was 15% less than the other, and are they saying the formula is wrong or that in different area's it is variable. Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #32 - May 24th, 2018 at 9:18am

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 3:24pm:
Where did I accuse you personally of posting any images let alone one of a power station Dippy.

That only shows how desperate you are to be right when clearly you are wrong.  Otherwise there is no need to lie and you've done that to me several times now.

I suggest you stop it and stop wasting my time correcting your lies. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You saying water vapour is not a product of coal fired power stations? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You lot use photos of it often enough claiming its is pollution from them. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

ahhh r u really going to say u said lot instead of my name...
Shocked Shocked Cheesy
its ok u lot just need to read what is said and get over that feeling everyone is lying to you.....

Yes glad you finally noticed and admitted the truth YOU LOT refers to a group not you personally Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Still cant face the truth eh? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Keep digging that hole Dippy. Wink

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - May 24th, 2018 at 11:21am

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 6:29am:
so what r the 2 methods they used to figure their one was 15% less than the other, and are they saying the formula is wrong or that in different area's it is variable.

What 15% was that petal?

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #34 - May 24th, 2018 at 11:53am

Grendel wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 9:18am:
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 3:24pm:

ahhh r u really going to say u said lot instead of my name...
Shocked Shocked Cheesy

Yes glad you finally noticed and admitted the truth YOU LOT refers to a group not you personally Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Still cant face the truth eh? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Keep digging that hole Dippy. Wink

wow I'm back in third grade all the sudden Tongue Tongue
so who else where u talking too ? Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #35 - May 24th, 2018 at 11:53am

lee wrote on May 17th, 2018 at 2:10pm:
Quote:
Reliable climate projections at the regional scale are needed in order to evaluate climate change impacts and inform policy. We develop an alternative method for projections based on the transient climate sensitivity (TCS), which relies on a linear relationship between the forced temperature response and the strongly increasing anthropogenic forcing. The TCS is evaluated at the regional scale (5° by 5°), and projections are made accordingly to 2100 using the high and low Representative Concentration Pathways emission scenarios. We find that there are large spatial discrepancies between the regional TCS from 5 historical data sets and 32 global climate model (GCM) historical runs and furthermore that the global mean GCM TCS is about 15% too high. Given that the GCM Representative Concentration Pathway scenario runs are mostly linear with respect to their (inadequate) TCS, we conclude that historical methods of regional projection are better suited given that they are directly calibrated on the real world (historical) climate.

https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/2017GL076649

that 15% u know from the original post Lee  Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - May 24th, 2018 at 12:34pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 11:53am:
that 15% u know from the original post Lee

Sorry. I only went back one page.

Perhaps you should read the paper. And try to comprehend it.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #37 - May 24th, 2018 at 12:40pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 11:53am:
Quote:
Reliable climate projections at the regional scale are needed in order to evaluate climate change impacts and inform policy. We develop an alternative method for projections based on the transient climate sensitivity (TCS), which relies on a linear relationship between the forced temperature response and the strongly increasing anthropogenic forcing. The TCS is evaluated at the regional scale (5° by 5°), and projections are made accordingly to 2100 using the high and low Representative Concentration Pathways emission scenarios. We find that there are large spatial discrepancies between the regional TCS from 5 historical data sets and 32 global climate model (GCM) historical runs and furthermore that the global mean GCM TCS is about 15% too high. Given that the GCM Representative Concentration Pathway scenario runs are mostly linear with respect to their (inadequate) TCS, we conclude that historical methods of regional projection are better suited given that they are directly calibrated on the real world (historical) climate.

that 15% u know from the original post Lee  Wink Wink

so what r the 2 methods they used to figure their one was 15% less than the other, and are they saying the formula is wrong or that in different area's it is variable.

Perhaps you should read the paper. And try to comprehend it.
good advice so what do u think its saying ?

you posted it, surely u understand what u posted Lee ?
Wink Wink Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - May 24th, 2018 at 1:57pm

do your own work.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #39 - May 24th, 2018 at 4:43pm

lee wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 1:57pm:
do your own work.

Ohhh you have no idea what it is do you, you saw 15% and though ohh global warming is out and I’ll post it. No idea what u posted, really how did u even know I had changed subject.
Next time u post something maybe know what it is. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Wink
U can’t even answer a simple question about the artical.... Cheesy Cheesy

I am me

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - May 24th, 2018 at 4:50pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 4:43pm:
Ohhh you have no idea what it is do you, you saw 15% and though ohh global warming is out and I’ll post it. No idea what u posted, really how did u even know I had changed subject.
Next time u post something maybe know what it is. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Wink
U can’t even answer a simple question about the artical....

And so; not having read the article, you know this?  Such a mind. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #41 - May 24th, 2018 at 5:15pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 6:29am:
lee wrote on May 23rd, 2018 at 3:22pm:
[quote author=DonDeeHippy link=1526530211/27#27 date=1527047642]What is the difference between historical simulations and Historical methods.

What do you regard as Historical? Climate models going back to 1880? Poor land data and even worse ocean data.

They don't mention the time used but isn't TCR over a twenty year period and the formula for doubling CO2 is set in formula, are they saying it changes with location ?

Oh good. You are starting to ask questions.

"For instance, the sensitivity only including the fast feedbacks (e.g. ignoring land ice and vegetation), or the sensitivity of a particular class of climate model (e.g. the ‘Charney sensitivity’), or the sensitivity of the whole system except the carbon cycle (the Earth System Sensitivity), or the transient sensitivity tied to a specific date or period of time (i.e. the Transient Climate Response (TCR) to 1% increasing CO2 after 70 years). As you might expect, these are all different and care needs to be taken to define terms before comparing things (there is a good discussion of the various definitions and their scope in the Palaeosens paper).

Each of these numbers is an ’emergent’ property of the climate system – i.e. something that is affected by many different processes and interactions, and isn’t simply derived just based on knowledge of a small-scale process. It is generally assumed that these are well-defined and single-valued properties of the system (and in current GCMs they clearly are), and while the paleo-climate record (for instance the glacial cycles) is supportive of this, it is not absolutely guaranteed. "

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2013/01/on-sensitivity-part-i/

It is any period you want, basically.

And of course you have to know all  "that is affected by (the) many different processes and interactions"

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #42 - May 24th, 2018 at 5:17pm

Quote:

Ok so having read this I was wondering
what r the 2 methods they used to figure their one was 15% less than the other, and are they saying the formula is wrong or that in different area's it is variable. Wink Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - May 24th, 2018 at 5:24pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 5:17pm:

Try reading the rest of the paper. Wink

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #44 - May 24th, 2018 at 5:52pm

lee wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 5:24pm:
DonDeeHippy wrote on May 24th, 2018 at 5:17pm:

Try reading the rest of the paper. Wink

I have Lee that’s why I was asking you what u thought it all meant, the rest is a easy summary and I thought since you posted it, u would know what the variation was  Wink Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print