Send Topic Print
life win (Read 556 times)
Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
life win
May 17th, 2018 at 10:35am

Do you have a single life win / achievement that is the most gratifying to you- or do think it is still yet to come-
Mine is my kids ( the hardest job there is)  but as I'm not done with my time here  that may be added too in some way - making a difference to what and whom- life's toughest questions? I am embarking on a journey right now- that is most likely bound to and expected to fail- but I'm Im in it for the long haul- for better or worse- an estranged friend with a nasty addiction-

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Re: life win
Reply #1 - May 17th, 2018 at 11:06am

Agnes wrote on May 17th, 2018 at 10:35am:
Do you have a single life win / achievement that is the most gratifying to you- or do think it is still yet to come-
Mine is my kids ( the hardest job there is)  but as I'm not done with my time here  that may be added too in some way - making a difference to what and whom- life's toughest questions? I am embarking on a journey right now- that is most likely bound to and expected to fail- but I'm Im in it for the long haul- for better or worse- an estranged friend with a nasty addiction-

No matter how old our children get - I think most mothers will always strive for their children to get the best out of life that they can.

Good luck with your new journey AG. It will probably be tough. You can provide all the tools for someone to use, but some people just can't or won't use them.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #2 - May 17th, 2018 at 12:53pm

Of course Mantra- I am really only asking questions and gathering info atm-just rang a rehab centre and the expense is terrible- should not have mentioned it-most likely cannot help in any way at all- it has to come from her- I can only support- it feels so defeating - such an enormous task and all for what in the end? The relapse rate is extremely high
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2018 at 11:45pm by Agnes »  

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 17th, 2018 at 12:58pm

Dont get defeated. The facts are that most people who try to quit addiction ultimately succeed, however it will most likely be a series of small battles with wins and losses along the way. Focus on the wins. Understanding the mechanics of the specific drug addiction will help also, coming  off opiates is a different game plan to coming off meth. Poly drug addiction is the most difficult to deal with.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #4 - May 17th, 2018 at 3:50pm

rhino wrote on May 17th, 2018 at 12:58pm:
Dont get defeated. The facts are that most people who try to quit addiction ultimately succeed, however it will most likely be a series of small battles with wins and losses along the way. Focus on the wins. Understanding the mechanics of the specific drug addiction will help also, coming  off opiates is a different game plan to coming off meth. Poly drug addiction is the most difficult to deal with.

Poly addiction is the reality with this one as well Rhino-

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print