Send Topic Print
Atheism = Paganism (Read 1580 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Atheism = Paganism
May 14th, 2018 at 7:53pm

Is Atheism the NEW Paganism?

Draw a Cross.
On the left point is the Catholic Priest (heaps of money but no sex) and his People (heaps of sex but no money).
On the right point is the Protestant Priest (heaps of sex, but no money) and his People (heaps of money, but no sex).
On the top point is the Orthodox Priest: the best of both worlds (heaps of money & sex) and his people (no sex, no money).

...which leaves the point down below in the ground, holding up the other three points. The Pagan Priest (No money, no sex) and his Hippy/Feral people (heaps of money & sex).

Of course, when money/sex is spread out amongst the 'people' - it is spread thinly. While when both are given to the 'individual' Priest (its 'more', much more for just a 'few'). Hence why the Catholic Priest is very rich and the Protestant Priests invented 'Divorce' (via Henry 8th) so they can breed more with more women (hence little Protestant cults of 'holy' orgies). The Orthodox Priest gets and modest share of both, but people hardly turn up to his church for sweet FA.

...the Pagan?
Well, he's the non-believer. The Non-Religious and me thinks that Atheists are really Pagan 'Priests'. Going around trying to convince people about the non-existence of God (though he must 'exist' because the other three Religions 'exist' in his name Wink). Etc, Etc.

So hands up all you non-sexual, poor Atheist 'Priests'..  Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: Atheism = Paganism
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2018 at 9:24pm

In former times, Pagans believed in Gods. Atheism today, is not becoming Pagan, it is losing out to a kind of relativism that is afraid to a stand against any religion for the fear of being seen to be discriminatory. Leftists, Progressives and Humanists, group that would have been largely Atheist 70 years ago, are now essentially fence sitters who are not even prepared to defend the fence on which they sit.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #2 - May 15th, 2018 at 1:41pm

True. Pagans did believe in 'Gods'.
Much like Americans believe in Marvel/DC Comic 'Gods' up there in their Cinema 'Temples'.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - May 16th, 2018 at 10:15pm

issuevoter wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 9:24pm:
Leftists, Progressives and Humanists, group that would have been largely Atheist 70 years ago, are now essentially fence sitters who are not even prepared to defend the fence on which they sit.

You are making the common mistake made by many right wingers on this forum of confusing criticism of people with criticism of beliefs. Thy are 2 very different things.

I will continue to respect religious people and their right to their beliefs but I will not respect their beliefs.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #4 - May 17th, 2018 at 8:43pm

The_Barnacle wrote on May 16th, 2018 at 10:15pm:
issuevoter wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 9:24pm:
Leftists, Progressives and Humanists, group that would have been largely Atheist 70 years ago, are now essentially fence sitters who are not even prepared to defend the fence on which they sit.

You are making the common mistake made by many right wingers on this forum of confusing criticism of people with criticism of beliefs. Thy are 2 very different things.

I will continue to respect religious people and their right to their beliefs but I will not respect their beliefs.

That's commendable. However, I don't respect religions or people, unless they deserve it. And I would just like to add there are many Right-wing policies and opinions that I reject.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - May 18th, 2018 at 1:40pm

Religion: the 'creation' of 'Writing' and eventual 'book' form.
The immortalisation of a people's 'family' tree (now live 'forever' in writing)

Writing Forums ...very 'religious' of Atheists to partake of - don't you think? Wink Cheesy

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #6 - May 19th, 2018 at 12:19pm

Jasin wrote on May 18th, 2018 at 1:40pm:
Religion: the 'creation' of 'Writing' and eventual 'book' form.
The immortalisation of a people's 'family' tree (now live 'forever' in writing)

Writing Forums ...very 'religious' of Atheists to partake of - don't you think? Wink Cheesy

No,

Humans developed writing over 5000 years ago
To try and connect writing and religion is a false dichotomy

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 4:55pm

This Topic was moved here from Atheism by freediver.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print