Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print
Home remedies for cold's (Read 17509 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: Home remedies for cold's
Reply #165 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 12:39am

Setanta wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 5:52pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 12:35am:
My mother is a qualified nurse with over 40 years experience. I am sure her advice is much more comprehensive than someone with zero experience, like you.

If you'd like a second opinion I could ask my wife(BHsc) or my RN son to read your Vix behind the ears posts.

Is empirical evidence not good enough for your wife and son? Clearing the sinuses to help breathe better is just one of the treatments to better sleep. Better sleep helps the body cope with a cold.

I am just about to soak my feet in some epsom salts. Do you want to poo-poo on feet relaxation and mild detoxification, too?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #166 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 1:15am

mantra wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 8:32pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 20th, 2018 at 10:59pm:
Killing off a virus/germ for one sickness can help the body refocus the immune system onto another sickness. We constantly have germs that invade our body and can grow under a strained immune system or a poor diet. It is not a one at a time thing with disease. Our immune system has to constantly update its memory of how to deal with germs/viruses.

If you went to live in isolation for a few years, then came back to the community, I bet you would have a month of really bad illnesses from a lowered immune system.

That's could be true to an extent. I'm reasonably healthy, but I live by the sea and I like to believe the sea breeze blows away the worst of the germs. There are a lot less people in my area so there are less viruses floating around.

Whenever I visit a crowded city, I always pick up a virus. This also happened when I lived in the city and being exposed constantly was worse. Germs can be picked up so easily and in crowded places there's always someone who's sick and is careless about spreading their germs.

You are agreeing with me, without agreeing with me. If you went away to a house in the middle of remoteness, and only went into town/city for supplies once a year, the only way you would catch a virus would be interaction with someone in town. Otherwise, someone would need to break into your home and start spluttering everywhere.

The only other reasonable way to catch a virus on your lonesome is to create conditions where germs can grow to a point that when you breathe the air, you have caught some illness. But if you do keep a decent living, you will be fairly disease free for a long time, until you get back to civilisation.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #167 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 1:24am

mantra wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 8:57pm:
Setanta wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 8:39pm:
I have better witch doctor stuff than Unsub, my beard keeps me safe. I've never had the flu and work with homeless people, don't get flu shots, it must be the beard, no other explanation.

Grow a beard if you do not want to get infected!

In case anyone is interested, I also have a magic rock that stops tigers attacking and eating you. It's worked 100% for me so far. It may be pricey but it's worth it! PoA.

Homeless people mightn't have the best hygiene, but they're usually on the streets and probably develop a fairly good immune system against every day bugs. They are not confined in a closed area.

It's the people who work in crowded offices with air conditioning where the viruses are being recycled and blown out relentlessly. These are the people with low immune systems. Then they pile into the streets at lunchtime and after work when they're tired - then onto public transport, coughing and splashing their germs over every vulnerable passerby. It's not their fault.

Eventually we'll all be forced to wear masks like the Chinese - which isn't a bad idea.

Certain areas of India are so polluted that they have citizens there ALLEGEDLY with strong immune systems. Dirty water with disease constant. But the nearby residents do no more than boil the water and make tea with it to kill of germs.

I figure places like China, India, Bangladesh must have been so overcrowded for so long that we probably won't see any major outbreaks of disease there. But will only be a serious problem when an incurable disease makes it way around.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #168 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 1:30am

Growing a beard recently, I was pondering whether I have been doing myself a disservice. I figure the mustache is just collecting germs over the 8 hours that I don't shower.

Piss off arsehole, yourself.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #169 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 8:02pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 12:39am:
Setanta wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 5:52pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 12:35am:
My mother is a qualified nurse with over 40 years experience. I am sure her advice is much more comprehensive than someone with zero experience, like you.

If you'd like a second opinion I could ask my wife(BHsc) or my RN son to read your Vix behind the ears posts.

Is empirical evidence not good enough for your wife and son? Clearing the sinuses to help breathe better is just one of the treatments to better sleep. Better sleep helps the body cope with a cold.

I am just about to soak my feet in some epsom salts. Do you want to poo-poo on feet relaxation and mild detoxification, too?

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #170 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 8:05pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 1:30am:
Growing a beard recently, I was pondering whether I have been doing myself a disservice. I figure the mustache is just collecting germs over the 8 hours that I don't shower.

Piss off arsehole, yourself.

Where did that one come from?

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #171 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 10:22pm

Death is a certain cure. Sniffles, coughs and throat problems instantly cured.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Observer

Australian Politics

Reply #172 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 10:50pm

Unforgiven wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 10:22pm:

Cures insomnia as well.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #173 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 11:02pm

Observer wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 10:50pm:
Unforgiven wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 10:22pm:

Cures insomnia as well.

Works with narcolepsy and Tourette syndrome too.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #174 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 12:11am

Must have been talking to someone else...

Anyway, it seems that the influenza is taking hold at work. We may be struggling for workers for the next week.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #175 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 12:16am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 12:11am:

Anyway, it seems that the influenza is taking hold at work. We may be struggling for workers for the next week.

Get that beard growing Unsub, I have empirical evidence it works.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #176 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 12:16am

Could be a productivity bonanza. Fewer mistakes.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #177 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 12:24am

Unforgiven wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 12:16am:

Could be a productivity bonanza. Fewer mistakes.

Grin

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #178 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 12:28am

Setanta wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 12:16am:

The beard is going to be cut down to a goatee by the end of the week. If this cold takes hold and pissed me off enough, I am going to go clean shaven again for the first time since May.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #179 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 12:33am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 12:28am:
Setanta wrote on Jul 23rd, 2018 at 12:16am:

The beard is going to be cut down to a goatee by the end of the week. If this cold takes hold and pissed me off enough, I am going to go clean shaven again for the first time since May.

Crotch and anus too?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print