Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12
Send Topic Print
"we need to value add" (Read 10767 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: "we need to value add"
Reply #105 - May 14th, 2018 at 7:08pm

freediver wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 7:02pm:
I've already answered that one.

Did you know Germany has lower salaries?

Yes but they look after their workers and have a much better welfare system and they look after the elderly a lot better instead of making them fear retirement like they do here.

Like I said if selling cups of coffee is the way forward don't you think the germans would already be doing that instead of going down the complicated route of making hi-tech highly engineered products ?

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #106 - May 14th, 2018 at 7:20pm

Quote:
Like I said if selling cups of coffee is the way forward

You left out degrees and potatoes and iron ore. We are not competitive at making cars. We would have to sink billions into it and then take a pay cut.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #107 - May 14th, 2018 at 7:37pm

freediver wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 7:20pm:
Quote:

You left out degrees and potatoes and iron ore. We are not competitive at making cars. We would have to sink billions into it and then take a pay cut.

That's why Germany doesn't manufacture and sell ordinary cars like Australia was making. They knew they had to move way up the value added chain and over engineer their products in order to gain market acceptance.

If you are just going to make the same old sh.,t as everyone else then it is just a race to the bottom.

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #108 - May 14th, 2018 at 8:09pm

freediver wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 7:20pm:
Quote:

Selling degrees. You've got to be joking mate Cheesy LOL

What do you think the people we sell those degrees to use them for ?? The finished value added goods we import are probably designed or manufactured by those people we sold degrees too Cheesy LOL

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #109 - May 14th, 2018 at 8:16pm

Would you prefer they paid the UK or NZ for their degrees?

Quote:
If you are just going to make the same old sh.,t as everyone else then it is just a race to the bottom.

Agreed. That's where we get a lot our export income from, once you take out primary products. We even export a lot of parts to the auto industry.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - May 14th, 2018 at 8:19pm

freediver wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 8:16pm:

As if it is going to matter in the end. We should be training our own and not boasting about training foreigners in exchange for a short term buck. It's pathetic.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #111 - May 14th, 2018 at 8:20pm

Quote:
As if it is going to matter in the end.

It will matter whether we get the income or not. But we cannot stop the Chinese educating themselves. Nor do we want to. You asked what they will do with their education - they will make a lot of money to spend on our beef and iron ore.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #112 - May 14th, 2018 at 8:21pm

Sir lastnail wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 8:19pm:
freediver wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 8:16pm:

As if it is going to matter in the end. We should be training our own and not boasting about training foreigners in exchange for a short term buck. It's pathetic.

You're right Nail,
we're training them to put us out of business -

knowledge is power.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #113 - May 14th, 2018 at 8:24pm

Intelligent educated people buy products from each other. We are richer, not poorer, because of all the educated people in overseas countries.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #114 - May 14th, 2018 at 8:29pm

freediver wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 8:20pm:
Quote:
As if it is going to matter in the end.

It will matter whether we get the income or not. But we cannot stop the Chinese educating themselves. Nor do we want to. You asked what they will do with their education - they will make a lot of money to spend on our beef and iron ore.

and then they will use that education to manufacture goods and add value and export it to us and put us in a trade deficit whilst we go about making each other cups of coffee and mowing each others lawns and sending ourselves into more debt.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #115 - May 14th, 2018 at 8:32pm

freediver wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 8:24pm:
Intelligent educated people buy products from each other. We are richer, not poorer, because of all the educated people in overseas countries.

yes they get wealthy and we get poorer buying their finished goods from them usually with credit we get from their banks ! But you mistakenly think that mowing lawns and making cups of coffee makes up for it. If it did the chinese would be doing that instead of investing trillions into plant and equipment !

Maybe this video will change your mind !

« Last Edit: May 14th, 2018 at 8:43pm by Sir lastnail »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #116 - May 14th, 2018 at 9:24pm

Sir lastnail wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 8:32pm:
freediver wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 8:24pm:

yes they get wealthy and we get poorer buying their finished goods from them usually with credit we get from their banks ! But you mistakenly think that mowing lawns and making cups of coffee makes up for it. If it did the chinese would be doing that instead of investing trillions into plant and equipment !

Maybe this video will change your mind !

So for the last several centuries we have been getting richer through international trade, but that is suddenly going to reverse because the Chinese get in on the action?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #117 - May 14th, 2018 at 9:33pm

Watch this FD -
it's just what Nail has been saying:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #118 - May 14th, 2018 at 9:45pm

Oh wow. A youtube video from someone who agrees with you and sprouts the same uninformed nonsense that they cannot back up either.

Case closed.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #119 - May 14th, 2018 at 10:01pm

freediver wrote on May 14th, 2018 at 9:45pm:
Oh wow. A youtube video from someone who agrees with you and sprouts the same uninformed nonsense that they cannot back up either.

Case closed.

The video maker stated many facts - shopping malls closing down etc.
I believe his ideas are plausible.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12
Send Topic Print