Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
Consent to change nappy? (Read 6014 times)
Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Re: Consent to change nappy?
Reply #30 - May 12th, 2018 at 5:32am

Its just an opinion. Nobody is making it law. One idiot on TV with an opinion. There are lots of those on commercial stations too - do you try to censor them too?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - May 12th, 2018 at 8:11am

Setanta wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 9:19pm:
freediver wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 9:05pm:
Do they actually have a choice in what they wear? If so, there is no deception there about choice or consent. Only distraction.

They have a choice, though limited and chosen by the parent before hand. It's a loaded deck for the child but they are children and accept the choice over being told there is none. I know it works because that is how I dealt with my sons. Our house was a "pretend" democracy and they were given a say in many things even though their choices were predetermined. It also makes them learn how to make life choices, it teaches them how to choose.

And that is how every sane and competent parent behaves. Frankly, part of the parting problem we see so often is parents unwilling to actually PARENT. The same applies for idiotic parents who want to be their child's 'friend'. You kid will have many friends and most of them will only last a short time. But they will only ever have one set of parents and if you refuse to be that, then they wont have have that. Ironically, if you PARENT them as a priority, you may actually end up being 'friends' later on anyhow.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #32 - May 12th, 2018 at 8:17am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 5:32am:
Its just an opinion. Nobody is making it law. One idiot on TV with an opinion. There are lots of those on commercial stations too - do you try to censor them too?

Spot

Who is talking about censorship?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - May 12th, 2018 at 8:38am

freediver wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 8:28pm:
All this really teaches children is that seeking consent is a meaningless gesture - that you should pretend that someone has a choice when they don't. Good training for a middle management position I suppose.

Much like the oft feigned "I'm sorry".

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - May 12th, 2018 at 8:55am

Gnads wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 8:38am:
All this really teaches children is that seeking consent is a meaningless gesture - that you should pretend that someone has a choice when they don't. Good training for a middle management position I suppose.

Sorry Day made me want to vomit. A pointless statement made by people who did nothing wrong to people whom nothing was done wrong to.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - May 12th, 2018 at 10:39am

longweekend58 wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 8:55am:

Sorry Day made me want to vomit. A pointless statement made by people who did nothing wrong to people whom nothing was done wrong to.

I wasn't specifically referring to "Sorry Day".

It was about insincere people saying sorry for shyte behaviour/actions when they don't actually mean it.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - May 12th, 2018 at 11:33am

Gnads wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 10:39am:
longweekend58 wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 8:55am:

I wasn't specifically referring to "Sorry Day".

It was about insincere people saying sorry for shyte behaviour/actions when they don't actually mean it.

good point. Obviously, 'sorry' triggered my response. But I agree with the fake 'sorry' comments. Truly being sorry means changing your behaviour rather than being sorry you were caught at it.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - May 12th, 2018 at 12:05pm

Why are these leftist loonie women always ugly with purple or blue hair?

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - May 12th, 2018 at 12:08pm

Mr Hammer wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 12:05pm:

You might want to get out of your man-cave and take a look at hair fashions for women in general. They are actually very commone with young women of all persuasions.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - May 12th, 2018 at 12:10pm

longweekend58 wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 12:08pm:

You might want to get out of your man-cave and take a look at hair fashions for women in general. They are actually very commone with young women of all persuasions.

Very common? I don't think so. People like this crave attention and to tell everybody they are individual. I've met them before. It's boring.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - May 12th, 2018 at 12:14pm

Mr Hammer wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 12:10pm:

Very common? I don't think so. People like this crave attention and to tell everybody they are individual. I've met them before. It's boring.

go to a shopping centre and actually take a good look. And have you ever even SPOKEN to a woman before? Of course a womans hairstyle is designed to attract attention!

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - May 12th, 2018 at 12:31pm

longweekend58 wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 12:14pm:

go to a shopping centre and actually take a good look. And have you ever even SPOKEN to a woman before? Of course a womans hairstyle is designed to attract attention!

Maybe in your little inner city leftie enclave it's common but amongst real people it isn't. I see more burqas than pinkies or blueys.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #42 - May 12th, 2018 at 1:09pm

What a load of BS....Baby Scshit.......

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - May 12th, 2018 at 1:27pm

Mr Hammer wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 12:31pm:

Maybe in your little inner city leftie enclave it's common but amongst real people it isn't. I see more burqas than pinkies or blueys.

inner city leftie enclave????  Do you know just how stupid and ignorant you sound making such pitiful childish statements like that?  its a SHOPPING CENTRE, you moron.

And it certainly sounds like you dont get out much.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - May 12th, 2018 at 1:37pm

longweekend58 wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 1:27pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 12:31pm:

inner city leftie enclave????  Do you know just how stupid and ignorant you sound making such pitiful childish statements like that?  its a SHOPPING CENTRE, you moron.

And it certainly sounds like you dont get out much.

And you sound like a whining little tart.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print