Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
mass shooting proves gun control is a lie (Read 9042 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: mass shooting proves gun control is a lie
Reply #45 - May 12th, 2018 at 7:37am

Baronvonrort wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 6:22pm:
freediver wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 6:19pm:
Quote:
With armed robbery retail stores are about 25% of the victims should we disregard the other 75% of armed robberies?

Of course not. Please make up some more stats for us.

Try clicking on the AIC link i provided for the stats, 18% of all armed robberies are done with firearms with 28% being retail premises.

Yes all illegal weapons in the hands of criminals.

Outlaw guns - only outlaws will have guns.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - May 12th, 2018 at 7:40am

Gnads wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 7:35am:
cods wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 6:01pm:
Gnads wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 5:50pm:
red baron wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 3:44pm:
John Howard's Gun Laws are the triumph of good sense and whether you like him or not he is a genuine bona fide Australian HERO for bringing those Gun Laws in

He has saved literally who knows how many lives by preventing us from going 'all the way with the U.S.A.'

When Howard was fighting to get those Gun Laws in, he faced enormous opposition from our own Gun Lobby and self interested Parties. But he fought on and with massive support from the Public  at large made his Gun Laws iron clad

Sorry Baron but that's just BS.

he did clean it up  for a while.... how many guns were taken off the  streets????... they would still be out there  if there hadnt been a buyback....

30.000 guns were handed in during the amnesty....as well..

come on these guns are never more....

there will always be loonies out there    and the more guns out there the more chance they will get their hands on one...

the fewer the harder it is...

They were all handed in by honest citizens ....

some of which managed to find their way back out into the community.

I wonder how ey?

mate if we didnt have crooks  we would have no need for police ...think outside the square   dont concentrate on the negatives.....you will go mad.....the positives are 30.000 guns were removed in the last couple of months alone....

some on thats got to be good for this country...

we can do better and I am sure we will...

I put my faith in the decent people.....

I see where they think the grandfather has killed this family......it has to be mental it cant be something as selfish as anger....

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - May 12th, 2018 at 8:22am

rhino wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 12:26am:
Baronvonrort wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 4:08pm:
cods wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 4:06pm:
this isnt about gun laws....

most people who own guns are sensible law abiding people   but every once in a while something as awful as this happens   and we are sent reeling....4 children  what on earth drives anyone to do such a thing is beyond me.......there is so much out there today in the way of help...no matter what the problem  there is help out there........yet it isnt enough.......

the family  friends and neighbours will need a lot of help.......my heart goes out to them.....

lets not blame guns... its the mental state of the person whos responsible .. you couldnt be in your right mind to do something like this. Sad Sad Sad

It hasn't been established if this person legally owned the guns.

A woman in Cairns killed 8 with a knife if this person used a knife instead of a gun would people be blaming knives and calling for knife control or would they be talking about mental illness?

Can you name some mass killings done with a knife in Australia?

Quote:
11 August 1978 – John Ernest Cribb raped Valda Connell before stabbing her and two of her children, Sally and Damien Connell, at Swansea, NSW.

Quote:
10 July 2001 – Sef Gonzales bashed, stabbed and strangled his sister Clodine, mother Mary and father Teddy within a two-and-a-half hour time frame in their North Ryde home in Sydney, NSW.

Quote:
8 November 2010 – Kapunda triple murder – Jason Alexander Downie repeatedly stabbed and killed Andrew, Rose and Chantelle Rowe in a frenzied attack at their home in Kapunda, South Australia.[101][102]

Quote:
19 December 2014 – Cairns child killings – Eight children aged between 18 months to 15 years were stabbed to death in a home in Cairns, Queensland.

Got ask why the Cairns murderer was not named in this statistic?

Anyways in this list there are plenty of stabbings, axings & bludgeoning murders .....

some not enmasse but others could be considered so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_major_crimes_in_Australia
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2018 at 8:34am by Gnads »  

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #48 - May 12th, 2018 at 8:23am

freediver wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 8:35pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 6:22pm:
freediver wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 6:19pm:
Quote:
With armed robbery retail stores are about 25% of the victims should we disregard the other 75% of armed robberies?

Of course not. Please make up some more stats for us.

Try clicking on the AIC link i provided for the stats, 18% of all armed robberies are done with firearms with 28% being retail premises.

I'll wait till you make a point first.

Baron, other than not ignoring these stats, what are you trying to say?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - May 12th, 2018 at 10:36am

cods wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 7:40am:
Gnads wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 7:35am:
cods wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 6:01pm:
Gnads wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 5:50pm:
red baron wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 3:44pm:
John Howard's Gun Laws are the triumph of good sense and whether you like him or not he is a genuine bona fide Australian HERO for bringing those Gun Laws in

He has saved literally who knows how many lives by preventing us from going 'all the way with the U.S.A.'

When Howard was fighting to get those Gun Laws in, he faced enormous opposition from our own Gun Lobby and self interested Parties. But he fought on and with massive support from the Public  at large made his Gun Laws iron clad

Sorry Baron but that's just BS.

he did clean it up  for a while.... how many guns were taken off the  streets????... they would still be out there  if there hadnt been a buyback....

30.000 guns were handed in during the amnesty....as well..

come on these guns are never more....

there will always be loonies out there    and the more guns out there the more chance they will get their hands on one...

the fewer the harder it is...

They were all handed in by honest citizens ....

some of which managed to find their way back out into the community.

I wonder how ey?

mate if we didnt have crooks  we would have no need for police ...think outside the square   dont concentrate on the negatives.....you will go mad.....the positives are 30.000 guns were removed in the last couple of months alone....

some on thats got to be good for this country...

we can do better and I am sure we will...

I put my faith in the decent people.....

I see where they think the grandfather has killed this family......it has to be mental it cant be something as selfish as anger....

Here's a list of Australian mass shootings since the gun buy back & Howards tight gun laws came in...

Since 2000

2002 Cabramatta wedding shooting, 7 shot.

2002 Monash Uni shooting, 7 shot, 2 killed.

2003 Greenacre shooting, 2 killed after ONE HUNDRED ROUNDS fired into a house.

2007 Melbourne CBD shooting, 3 shot, 1 killed.

2010 Roxburgh park shooting, 4 killed.

2011 Hectorville shooting, 5 shot, 3 killed.

2014 Lockhart shooting, 5 killed.

2014 Wedderburn shooting, 3 killed.

2015 Biddeston shooting, 3 killed.

2015 Hermidale shooting, 3 killed.

2016 Port Lincoln shooting, 5 killed.

2016 Ingleburn shooting (with a banned AK-47), 4 shot, 2 killed.

2016 Banksia Grove shooting, 3 shot, 2 killed.

2016 Bankstown shooting, 3 shot, 1 killed.

2016 Westfield Hornsby, 4 shot.

2017 Brighton siege 5 shot, 2 killed.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - May 12th, 2018 at 10:54am

Gnads wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 8:22am:
rhino wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 12:26am:
Baronvonrort wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 4:08pm:
cods wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 4:06pm:
this isnt about gun laws....

most people who own guns are sensible law abiding people   but every once in a while something as awful as this happens   and we are sent reeling....4 children  what on earth drives anyone to do such a thing is beyond me.......there is so much out there today in the way of help...no matter what the problem  there is help out there........yet it isnt enough.......

the family  friends and neighbours will need a lot of help.......my heart goes out to them.....

lets not blame guns... its the mental state of the person whos responsible .. you couldnt be in your right mind to do something like this. Sad Sad Sad

It hasn't been established if this person legally owned the guns.

A woman in Cairns killed 8 with a knife if this person used a knife instead of a gun would people be blaming knives and calling for knife control or would they be talking about mental illness?

Can you name some mass killings done with a knife in Australia?

Quote:
11 August 1978 – John Ernest Cribb raped Valda Connell before stabbing her and two of her children, Sally and Damien Connell, at Swansea, NSW.

Quote:
10 July 2001 – Sef Gonzales bashed, stabbed and strangled his sister Clodine, mother Mary and father Teddy within a two-and-a-half hour time frame in their North Ryde home in Sydney, NSW.

Quote:
8 November 2010 – Kapunda triple murder – Jason Alexander Downie repeatedly stabbed and killed Andrew, Rose and Chantelle Rowe in a frenzied attack at their home in Kapunda, South Australia.[101][102]

Quote:
19 December 2014 – Cairns child killings – Eight children aged between 18 months to 15 years were stabbed to death in a home in Cairns, Queensland.

Got ask why the Cairns murderer was not named in this statistic?

Anyways in this list there are plenty of stabbings, axings & bludgeoning murders .....

some not enmasse but others could be considered so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_major_crimes_in_Australia
we could make the arguement that if guns were involved these incidents would have been made far worse. Regardless, Howards gun buy back and alleged uniform gun control laws were and are a sham.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #51 - May 12th, 2018 at 10:57am

Howard's buy back was solely to disarm law abiding citizens, Australia's criminals still have access to semi - autos as they always have.

Howard successfully used wedge politics through out his time as PM, he was and still is a filthy grub of a man

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #52 - May 12th, 2018 at 11:14am

Quote:
Howard's buy back was solely to disarm law abiding citizens, Australia's criminals still have access to semi - autos as they always have.

Are you saying it is just as easy for a drug addict who steals to feed his habit to get his hands on these weapons?

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - May 12th, 2018 at 11:20am

BigOl64 wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 10:57am:

Howard successfully used wedge politics through out his time as PM, he was and still is a filthy grub of a man

He is a traitor to this country.

Problem with Australians is they are scared. Scared weak little children that can't think for themselves. 90% of Australians react with hysterics. Look at longweakend and the like. Hysteria over fkkk all most of the time and they beg for more laws???? Fkkn crazy, and they believe that taking all the guns off the honest people will stop guns getting into the hands of criminals. How dumb are they? I tried to tell the idiot that semi autos are still all around us....it's just their head is so far up their own arse that they can't put 2 and 2 together.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - May 12th, 2018 at 11:24am

Can anyone explain why there is a direct correlation between low levels of gun ownership and low levels of homicide?

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - May 12th, 2018 at 12:14pm

rhino wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 11:24am:
Can anyone explain why there is a direct correlation between low levels of gun ownership and low levels of homicide?

Gun ownership hasn't dropped. Someone is pulling your chain if they say they have.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/national/record-gun-sales-bring-a...

Homocides involving firearms were on the decline well before 96. Don't swallow the bullshite from the howard lovers.

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/10/gun-control-australia-updated/

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #56 - May 12th, 2018 at 12:23pm

freediver wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 11:14am:
Quote:

Are you saying it is just as easy for a drug addict who steals to feed his habit to get his hands on these weapons?

If he has the money he should have too many problems. We have had a news story posted here previously.

Our crims have had access to semi-autos since Fuhrer howard came to power

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #57 - May 12th, 2018 at 12:24pm

Easy, there isn't

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #58 - May 12th, 2018 at 12:36pm

BigOl64 wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 12:23pm:
freediver wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 11:14am:
Quote:

If he has the money he should have too many problems. We have had a news story posted here previously.

Our crims have had access to semi-autos since Fuhrer howard came to power

How many store robbing drug addicts have the money bigole?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - May 12th, 2018 at 12:41pm

BigOl64 wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 12:24pm:

Easy, there isn't
This is why many think you have little intellectual capacity. Its not an argument.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print