Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
mass shooting proves gun control is a lie (Read 9039 times)
longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: mass shooting proves gun control is a lie
Reply #15 - May 11th, 2018 at 4:42pm

cods wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 4:06pm:
this isnt about gun laws....

most people who own guns are sensible law abiding people   but every once in a while something as awful as this happens   and we are sent reeling....4 children  what on earth drives anyone to do such a thing is beyond me.......there is so much out there today in the way of help...no matter what the problem  there is help out there........yet it isnt enough.......

the family  friends and neighbours will need a lot of help.......my heart goes out to them.....

lets not blame guns... its the mental state of the person whos responsible .. you couldnt be in your right mind to do something like this. Sad Sad Sad

Actually, it isnt a mental health issue. Stats from the USA that most mass shootings are NOT done by the mentally ill although such a claim is subjective at best since even engaging in such a think would seem to imply a level of mental disturbance. But in the case of previously-diagnosed mental illness, almost non of the mass shootings are done by such people. Why this is important is because our sexually impotent fun lovers like to claim that it is mental illness driving mass shootings when in fact, it is the EXISTENCE of guns which is the problem. anyone and everyone can be subject to a temporary breakdown (see the movie Falling Down). Our responsibility is to ensure that when such things happen that they dont have easy and unrestricted access to plenty of military grade assault weapons.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #16 - May 11th, 2018 at 4:44pm

To get an idea of how well gun control works, compare media reports of convenience store holdups in Australia vs the US. I don;t recall anyone ever dying in one in Australia, mainly because there are rarely guns involved. Same crime, but less risk of death. In fact, they often don't even get away with the crime here because they are chased off.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - May 11th, 2018 at 5:04pm

freediver wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 4:44pm:
To get an idea of how well gun control works, compare media reports of convenience store holdups in Australia vs the US. I don;t recall anyone ever dying in one in Australia, mainly because there are rarely guns involved. Same crime, but less risk of death. In fact, they often don't even get away with the crime here because they are chased off.

You would think that was obvious and a proof in its own right... but to a gunlover, there is no proof possible.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #18 - May 11th, 2018 at 5:15pm

I don't think the blood had even dried yet and Rhino was trying to use it to make some political point. But he has run off now.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - May 11th, 2018 at 5:19pm

longweekend58 wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 4:42pm:

most people who own guns are sensible law abiding people   but every once in a while something as awful as this happens   and we are sent reeling....4 children  what on earth drives anyone to do such a thing is beyond me.......there is so much out there today in the way of help...no matter what the problem  there is help out there........yet it isnt enough.......

the family  friends and neighbours will need a lot of help.......my heart goes out to them.....

lets not blame guns... its the mental state of the person whos responsible .. you couldnt be in your right mind to do something like this. Sad Sad Sad

Actually, it isnt a mental health issue. Stats from the USA that most mass shootings are NOT done by the mentally ill although such a claim is subjective at best since even engaging in such a think would seem to imply a level of mental disturbance. But in the case of previously-diagnosed mental illness, almost non of the mass shootings are done by such people. Why this is important is because our sexually impotent fun lovers like to claim that it is mental illness driving mass shootings when in fact, it is the EXISTENCE of guns which is the problem. anyone and everyone can be subject to a temporary breakdown (see the movie Falling Down). Our responsibility is to ensure that when such things happen that they dont have easy and unrestricted access to plenty of military grade assault weapons.

this isnt about America.... we are nothing like Americans   who think guns are a normal accessory.. they buy their kids guns for their birthdays...

we have a completely different attitude to guns... and we dont give everyone the same rights to own one....

and I do not agree this was an act of someone in a normal state of mind........ to kill 4 children  is not a normal act.. even for Americans....

anyone who gets a gun and uses it to destroy others... has mental issue....short of being a hired killer   who lives with no empathy or conscience whatever.. in other words ......stone cold...

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #20 - May 11th, 2018 at 5:42pm

buzzanddidj wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 3:31pm:
This is an incredibly rare incident for this country
Unlike th US - where it is a daily passtime

Gun control legislation has WORKED

It is the the one legacy of the Howard Government
- that has majority support

School Shooting in Kentucky Was Nation’s 11th of Year. It Was Jan. 23.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/23/us/kentucky-school-shooting.html

Tell it to the seven dead and family(ies).  There was an ulterior motive behind The Assassination Of Jesse James Gun Owners By The Coward John Howard.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - May 11th, 2018 at 5:50pm

red baron wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 3:44pm:
John Howard's Gun Laws are the triumph of good sense and whether you like him or not he is a genuine bona fide Australian HERO for bringing those Gun Laws in

He has saved literally who knows how many lives by preventing us from going 'all the way with the U.S.A.'

When Howard was fighting to get those Gun Laws in, he faced enormous opposition from our own Gun Lobby and self interested Parties. But he fought on and with massive support from the Public  at large made his Gun Laws iron clad

Sorry Baron but that's just BS.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - May 11th, 2018 at 6:01pm

Gnads wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 5:50pm:
John Howard's Gun Laws are the triumph of good sense and whether you like him or not he is a genuine bona fide Australian HERO for bringing those Gun Laws in

He has saved literally who knows how many lives by preventing us from going 'all the way with the U.S.A.'

When Howard was fighting to get those Gun Laws in, he faced enormous opposition from our own Gun Lobby and self interested Parties. But he fought on and with massive support from the Public  at large made his Gun Laws iron clad

he did clean it up  for a while.... how many guns were taken off the  streets????... they would still be out there  if there hadnt been a buyback....

30.000 guns were handed in during the amnesty....as well..

come on these guns are never more....

there will always be loonies out there    and the more guns out there the more chance they will get their hands on one...

the fewer the harder it is...

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - May 11th, 2018 at 6:17pm

freediver wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 4:44pm:

With armed robbery retail stores are about 25% of the victims should we disregard the other 75% of armed robberies?

Angelo Cusamano died after being shot with a pistol stolen from a security guard he owned a shop called the gamesman I was a customer of his.

About 18% of our armed robberies involve a firearm, bats clubs syringes bottles and glasses combined account for about 10% of all armed robberies.
https://aic.gov.au/publications/facts/2014/recorded-crime

If you pull a gun on someone and rob them it's armed robbery even if you don't pull the trigger therefore defensive gun use must include those times where a criminal surrenders without a shot being fired, there are over 2.5 million cases of defensive gun use every year in the USA. If the USA were stupid enough to copy our gun laws they would have over 2.5 million more victims of crime every year.
Thread here- http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1524533839/5

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #24 - May 11th, 2018 at 6:19pm

Quote:
With armed robbery retail stores are about 25% of the victims should we disregard the other 75% of armed robberies?

Of course not. Please make up some more stats for us.

Quote:
Angelo Cusamano died after being shot with a pistol

Is he the other 75%?

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - May 11th, 2018 at 6:22pm

freediver wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 6:19pm:
Quote:

Try clicking on the AIC link i provided for the stats, 18% of all armed robberies are done with firearms with 28% being retail premises.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - May 11th, 2018 at 6:27pm

cods wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 6:01pm:
Gnads wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 5:50pm:

he did clean it up  for a while.... how many guns were taken off the  streets????... they would still be out there  if there hadnt been a buyback....

30.000 guns were handed in during the amnesty....as well..

come on these guns are never more....

there will always be loonies out there    and the more guns out there the more chance they will get their hands on one...

the fewer the harder it is...

There were 640,000 guns confiscated with the buyback.

In NSW with the recent amnesty guns could be surrendered to police or gun shops to be sold or registered.
Quote:
So far, 11,305 firearms have been handed in for registration, sale or destruction across NSW.

Of those, 3579 firearms and firearm-related items have been surrendered to police for destruction or registration.

Anyone with an unregistered firearm or firearm-related item can legally dispose or register it without penalty until September 30 at approved drop-off points, which include licensed firearm dealers, mobile stations and police stations.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/hills-shire-times/thousands-of-guns-...

So with NSW 3579 were surrendered for destruction and 7726 firearms were surrendered to be sold and registered.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - May 11th, 2018 at 6:30pm

Baronvonrort wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 6:22pm:
freediver wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 6:19pm:
Quote:

Try clicking on the AIC link i provided for the stats, 18% of all armed robberies are done with firearms with 28% being retail premises.

Yes by criminals with unregistered/illegal firearms.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - May 11th, 2018 at 6:31pm

cods wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 5:19pm:

this isnt about America.... we are nothing like Americans 

The gun grabbers always mention the USA with guns even though we are probably much closer to New Zealand for culture.

New Zealand has had no mass shootings since 1997 they never cite their laws because they allow all the guns with silencers that we restricted in 1996.

The gun grabbers never cite laws that work anywhere else in the world because they want to confiscate and ban guns.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #29 - May 11th, 2018 at 6:36pm

Fkkk you're friggen dill.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print