Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Sydney Uni teaching how to integrate sharia law (Read 4279 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Sydney Uni teaching how to integrate sharia law
Reply #30 - May 11th, 2018 at 4:54pm

freediver wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 4:47pm:
Aussie wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 3:06pm:
Quote:
And you did read the bit where they want to change Australian law to suit their bullsh1t laws, didn't you, champ?

Because that is the point of the OP.

No, it is not the point of the OP at all.  The Thread is based on ignorance very carefully shredded to pieces by Bojack Horseman.

The only people who can impose Laws are legislators.  They get elected.  If Australia elects a majority of Muslims to Government, THEN I'll get interest in hysteria.

So will continue defending Muslims until they take over, and then you will panic?

I don't 'defend' Muslims any more than I defend Christians or Calathumpians or whatever.  I attack bigotry, and there is plenty of that here.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #31 - May 11th, 2018 at 5:12pm

You defended Gandalf against my accusation that he said certain things. When I quoted him you refused to read the quotes. But you continued insisting he did not say the things I quoted him saying. I doubt you would do that for a non-Muslim.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #32 - May 11th, 2018 at 5:42pm

freediver wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 5:12pm:
You defended Gandalf against my accusation that he said certain things. When I quoted him you refused to read the quotes. But you continued insisting he did not say the things I quoted him saying. I doubt you would do that for a non-Muslim.

I guess you are referring to the 'mindless collective etc' thing.  Effendi....I have no doubt that in your posts, you do misrepresent what Members say....you do that with me.  Gandalf says you do it with him.  I believe him, and go to bat for him on that score.

How that credibly translates into your (false) assertion that I defend Muslims (plural/generic) I dunno.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #33 - May 11th, 2018 at 5:48pm

Aussie wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 5:42pm:
freediver wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 5:12pm:

I guess you are referring to the 'mindless collective etc' thing.  Effendi....I have no doubt that in your posts, you do misrepresent what Members say....you do that with me.  Gandalf says you do it with him.  I believe him, and go to bat for him on that score.

How that credibly translates into your (false) assertion that I defend Muslims (plural/generic) I dunno.

You say these things in defence of Gandalf, at the same time as flatly refusing to read quotes of what he says, even when I go to the trouble of quoting it in the thread for you, after you asked me to quote him. What else other than a peculiar devotion to believing Gandalf's lies can this be interpreted as?

Is there something special about Gandalf that he is the only Muslim you would do this for?

Do you also believe Cat Stevens when he says he did not call for the death of Salman Rushdie?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #34 - May 11th, 2018 at 5:58pm

Quote:
You say these things in defence of Gandalf, at the same time as flatly refusing to read quotes of what he says, even when I go to the trouble of quoting it in the thread for you, after you asked me to quote him. What else other than a peculiar devotion to believing Gandalf's lies can this be interpreted as?

I refuse to read your quote bombs, simple as that.  It is exacerbated because your rarely answer a question, and when you do, it is never responsive to the question.  You have your Muslim bashing agenda, and that's that.  I don't share your passion obsession about it.

Quote:
Is there something special about Gandalf that he is the only Muslim you would do this for?

I guess so, given he is the only Muslim I have any communication with.  He seems like a well grounded, sensible, moderate bloke.  In contrast, if you read the posts (good luck) of for example, Yadda......you'll see a vast and significant difference.

Quote:
Do you also believe Cat Stevens when he says he did not call for the death of Salman Rushdie?

Why would I bother with that?  Stevens is Stevens....just a person who happens to be able to sing.  Hardly a brainiac.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - May 11th, 2018 at 6:11pm

Quote:
And you did read the bit where they want to change Australian law to suit their bullsh1t laws, didn't you, champ?

No, it is not the point of the OP at all.  The Thread is based on ignorance very carefully shredded to pieces by Bojack Horseman.

The only people who can impose Laws are legislators.  They get elected.  If Australia elects a majority of Muslims to Government, THEN I'll get interested in hysteria.

NOBODY  was ELECTED to bring in Muslim immigrants - yet here they are, multiplying before our eyes.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #36 - May 11th, 2018 at 6:17pm

Quote:
I refuse to read your quote bombs, simple as that.

So basically you defend a person, insisting I am lying about what they said, and when I provide the quotes you refuse to read them so you can continue accusing me of lying about it.

Quote:
He seems like a well grounded, sensible, moderate bloke.

Who believes in mindless collectives of treacherous Jews. But you cover your eyes when it comes to that, don't you Aussie?

Quote:
Why would I bother with that?  Stevens is Stevens....just a person who happens to be able to sing.  Hardly a brainiac.

Same with Gandalf. But both are Muslim and both deny saying things they said. Were you not involved in the debate about this here recently?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #37 - May 11th, 2018 at 6:19pm

Frank wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 6:11pm:
Quote:

The only people who can impose Laws are legislators.  They get elected.  If Australia elects a majority of Muslims to Government, THEN I'll get interested in hysteria.

NOBODY  was ELECTED to bring in Muslim immigrants - yet here they are, multiplying before our eyes.

Was anyone elected to bring in Scandinavians?  Are there any here in Australia?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #38 - May 11th, 2018 at 6:24pm

freediver wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 6:17pm:
Quote:

So basically you defend a person, insisting I am lying about what they said, and when I provide the quotes you refuse to read them so you can continue accusing me of lying about it.

Quote:

Who believes in mindless collectives of treacherous Jews. But you cover your eyes when it comes to that, don't you Aussie?

Quote:

Same with Gandalf. But both are Muslim and both deny saying things they said. Were you not involved in the debate about this here recently?

Same hurdeygurdey, (sp?) same merry go round.  Been there done that Effendi.

Start a Thread in Relationships and I'll see if I am willing to have this discussion with you there.

You can start by actually quoting what Gandalf said at the outset of that 'mindless collective etc' discussion.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - May 11th, 2018 at 6:54pm

Aussie wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 6:19pm:
Quote:

Thank you for trying to shift the point. You introduced the idea of elections being the deciders, I just called you out on it (you don't understand it at all, we can see that. You are bewildered as your resting position.)

Anyway, mass immigration was strictly whites only to start with.

Leader of the Labor Party from 1960-1967 Arthur Calwell supported the White European Australia policy. This is reflected by Calwell's comments in his 1972 memoirs, Be Just and Fear Not, in which he made it clear that he maintained his view that non-European people should not be allowed to settle in Australia. He wrote:

I am proud of my white skin, just as a Chinese is proud of his yellow skin, a Japanese of his brown skin, and the Indians of their various hues from black to coffee-coloured. Anybody who is not proud of his race is not a man at all. And any man who tries to stigmatize the Australian community as racist because they want to preserve this country for the white race is doing our nation great harm... I reject, in conscience, the idea that Australia should or ever can become a multi-racial society and survive.[39]

As with many other things, Whitlam f***d it up good and proper. Whitlam - what an Italian:nice to look and listen to but a complete political incompetent and bum.

The legal end of the White Australia policy is usually placed in the year 1973, when the Whitlam Labor government implemented a series of amendments preventing the enforcement of racial aspects of the immigration law.[27] These amendments:

Legislated that all migrants, regardless of origin, be eligible to obtain citizenship after three years of permanent residence.
Ratified all international agreements relating to immigration and race.
Issued policy to totally disregard race as a factor in selecting migrants.
The 1975 Racial Discrimination Act made the use of racial criteria for any official purpose illegal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Australia_policy#Abolition_of_the_policy

Labor now wants to open the people smuggling trade. Continuity of destructive, anti-Australian ideology.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - May 11th, 2018 at 6:56pm

freediver wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 11:04am:
Baronvonrort wrote on May 10th, 2018 at 5:58pm:
Quote:
Sydney Uni teaching how sharia law could be integrated into Aussie law

Australia’s most prestigious law school has introduced courses which teach students how sharia law could be incorporated into Australia’s legal system.

As part of Muslim Minorities And The Law, professors Salim Farrar and Dr Ghena Krayem are teaching Sydney University students how polygamy and lowering the age of consent could be sufficiently applied to Western civilisation.

The course uses a book, written by the professors, that promotes the idea that “sharia law and common law are not inherently incompatible”.
A portion of the textbook identifies the benefits of turning away from monogamous relationships and notes how sharia law does not recognise the minimum age in marriage.

“There is no minimum age for a contract of marriage, but it should not be consummated if that would cause harm to the putative spouse,” the book reads.

Sharia law is Islam’s most religious law and the prospect of its integration into western civilisation has long been condemned given its sometimes radical sentencing recommendations.
However, the Sydney academics believe otherwise.
“When we move to actual recognition in the courts, we will argue that there is much evidence of compatibility… we will suggest that ‘accommodation’ is not enough and that as liberal democratic societies, we should move towards notion of ‘recognition’,” they state in their book.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sydney-university-course-teaching-sharia-law-benefits-...

More lunacy from leftist lawyers

I don't think we should be giving any sort of real or implied legitimacy to Muslim demands to have sex with children or treat women as property.

More evidence muslims don't have any problems with marrying children.

Perhaps they should have said these Islamic laws are wrong and violate our constitution.

Iran changed their constitution to only allow Islamic laws after the 1979 Islamic revolution so muslims have a track record in changing constitutions when they get the numbers or the power to do it.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #41 - May 11th, 2018 at 7:19pm

Frank wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 6:54pm:
Quote:

Thank you for trying to shift the point. You introduced the idea of elections being the deciders, I just called you out on it (you don't understand it at all, we can see that. You are bewildered as your resting position.)

Leader of the Labor Party from 1960-1967 Arthur Calwell supported the White European Australia policy. This is reflected by Calwell's comments in his 1972 memoirs, Be Just and Fear Not, in which he made it clear that he maintained his view that non-European people should not be allowed to settle in Australia. He wrote:

I am proud of my white skin, just as a Chinese is proud of his yellow skin, a Japanese of his brown skin, and the Indians of their various hues from black to coffee-coloured. Anybody who is not proud of his race is not a man at all. And any man who tries to stigmatize the Australian community as racist because they want to preserve this country for the white race is doing our nation great harm... I reject, in conscience, the idea that Australia should or ever can become a multi-racial society and survive.[39]

As with many other things, Whitlam f***d it up good and proper. Whitlam - what an Italian:nice to look and listen to but a complete political incompetent and bum.

The legal end of the White Australia policy is usually placed in the year 1973, when the Whitlam Labor government implemented a series of amendments preventing the enforcement of racial aspects of the immigration law.[27] These amendments:

Legislated that all migrants, regardless of origin, be eligible to obtain citizenship after three years of permanent residence.
The 1975 Racial Discrimination Act made the use of racial criteria for any official purpose illegal.

Labor now wants to open the people smuggling trade. Continuity of destructive, anti-Australian ideology.

Ah!  I see.  So....white Muslems are welcome.  The tinted ones can far cough.

Yes?

Cool

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #42 - May 11th, 2018 at 8:37pm

Aussie wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 6:24pm:
freediver wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 6:17pm:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Same hurdeygurdey, (sp?) same merry go round.  Been there done that Effendi.

Start a Thread in Relationships and I'll see if I am willing to have this discussion with you there.

You can start by actually quoting what Gandalf said at the outset of that 'mindless collective etc' discussion.

How do you figure out when it began Aussie?

And why not quote the relevant bits rather than the first comment he ever made?

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - May 11th, 2018 at 9:33pm

Aussie wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 7:19pm:
Frank wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 6:54pm:
Quote:

Ah!  I see.  So....white Muslems are welcome.  The tinted ones can far cough.

Yes?

Cool

So you would welcome white muslims like Jake Bilardi?

What race is he?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-13/jake-bilardi-what-we-know-australian-teena...

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #44 - May 11th, 2018 at 9:35pm

Quote:
How do you figure out when it began Aussie?

I guess you locate the genesis of the discussion about 'mindless collective etc.'  You'd know.  I would never have noticed, so I'd have no idea at all.

But.....undeniable fact is....you have made it your lynch pin/focal attack point against Gandalf over many Threads, and years.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print