Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
How did this arsehole get into oz (Read 3211 times)
rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: How did this arsehole get into oz
Reply #30 - May 11th, 2018 at 12:32pm

longweekend58 wrote on May 10th, 2018 at 3:55pm:
miketrees wrote on May 10th, 2018 at 12:54pm:
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/perth-80yearold-to-be-deported-afte...

An 80-year-old man who has served 25 years in a Perth jail for the murder of 14-year-old Sharon Lee Mason will be deported back to the UK, says WA Attorney-General John Quigley.

Arthur Boycott Greer was convicted of the crime that haunted Perth after the schoolgirl disappeared in 1983 on her way home to the Perth southern suburb of Mosman Park. Nearly a decade after her disappearance, Sharon’s body was discovered in 1992 by a bobcat operator carrying out earthworks behind a clothing shop formerly owned by Greer.

Greer had a long criminal record and was found guilty of the girl’s murder after two trials. But Greer always denied the prosecution’s case that Sharon had entered his shop looking for casual work.

This bloke should either never have been let into Australia, or should have been booted out after his first offence.

More blood on the Apologists hands

Without a time machine, how are you supposed to know that someone WILL commit a crime ahead of time especially without a criminal record?
Howe do you know he had no criminal record?

IP Logged

Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #31 - May 11th, 2018 at 12:54pm

I can't find info that categorically states he had criminal history in Ireland.

This is the best I can locate.  Transcripts of the NSW cases would be possibly be useful clarification but as they're so old, I can't get hold of them without payment.

To me, the quote below is ambiguous:

.....It turned out that "Paddy" Greer, a volatile character who had arrived in Australia in the 1960's from Belfast, had a substantial criminal record including two counts of sexual assault and an attempted murder conviction in NSW."

https://www.pressreader.com/australia/the-sunday-times/20171224/283326112719618

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #32 - May 12th, 2018 at 5:38pm

On a plane with a passport and a visa.... that's how most of them get in.  The boaties are rarely if ever criminals and such.   Cool

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - May 12th, 2018 at 6:33pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 10th, 2018 at 1:03pm:
"How did this arsehole get into oz"

The same way as every other immigrant from the UK, I'm guessing.

WE DON'T WANT THEM HERE.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print