Send Topic Print
Greek Lamb Kebab (Read 844 times)
Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Greek Lamb Kebab
May 9th, 2018 at 8:06pm

Went down to Whyalla rushed round trip- the one meal we stopped for a was kebab pack ( lamb) and it was delicious_ I know we have one or two Greeks here ( Lisa where are you?) I need that greek lamb marinade recipe?

The cat was fine- she is doing well-$300 later-

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Re: Greek Lamb Kebab
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2018 at 8:41pm

Ajax is Greek.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #2 - May 10th, 2018 at 8:00pm

True but anyway I will just go with the  best one I ca find on the net- and add a spice or two until I get a good one- trial and error-

I have to cook up a lemon meringue pie as well to get it just right- a test kitchen here and will do an apple pie as well- ( can freeze the apple)-

Cold like winter here- here's hoping lol

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #3 - May 10th, 2018 at 8:41pm

I will just do the traditional that is always pretty good  / a nice greek and garlic yoghurt and a sweet chilli sauce- I love it when the weather comes in cold-

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #4 - May 13th, 2018 at 11:20am

Ajax wrote on Jul 18th, 2015 at 5:58pm:
Marinating your barbecue chops.

The amounts below are for 3 kg of chops, work it out from there for your measure.

Throw all your chops (usually lamb) but anything (red meat or even pork) chops would be ok, into a big bowl.

Sprinkle with olive oil, don't be shy wet them and throw in a couple of big chopped up brown onions, these make you cry.... Smiley

There should be many strands of onion on each chop once they are wet so you have to cut the onions fine.

Then you can throw in a stubby or can of beer.

Then sprinkle with salt, paprika, pepper and two cloves of finely crushed garlic and oregano.

Mix everything with your clean hands thoroughly.

Then cover with glad wrap and place in fridge over night.

Next day you'll have the tastiest chops in town.... Grin

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1437206317/0#0

Not sure what type you mean when you say kebab, to me a kebab is like this

OR was it a gyros

Find a Greek butcher in your area they sell seasoning but don't expect them to tell you what's in it anytime soon they're very protective.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #5 - May 13th, 2018 at 12:54pm

Thanks so much Ajax- that sounds delicious and I had lamb from a gyros ( I want one)- will try that recipe and see how I go-  it was a kebab pack with salad  with chips and greek yoghurt sauce- was delicious-

Lisa made me promise her next time I wanted a greek lamb recipe to ask her- but I am certain yours in just as good- ?  Wink   Finding a gyros on the net is not so easy either-

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #6 - May 13th, 2018 at 7:28pm

Agnes wrote on May 13th, 2018 at 12:54pm:
Thanks so much Ajax- that sounds delicious and I had lamb from a gyros ( I want one)- will try that recipe and see how I go-  it was a kebab pack with salad  with chips and greek yoghurt sauce- was delicious-

Lisa made me promise her next time I wanted a greek lamb recipe to ask her- but I am certain yours in just as good- ?  Wink   Finding a gyros on the net is not so easy either-

Hey Agnes a cheap alternative is to get a metal trades person like a boilermaker to make you one.

It wont be as sanitary as what you find in the shops and I wouldn't know where to find one of those but see picture below.

I hired the spit rotisserie for my sons 21st from a shop that specializes in them he can also make you one to order.

The lid and the body are mild steel,  the skewer, grill and all their attachments are made of stainless steel.

I asked the guy how much the one I hired would be to buy brand new, he said around 700-800 dollars including motor and all accessories.

It uses charcoal bbq briquettes and just in case you don't know if you cook with charcoal briquettes make sure all the briquettes have turned white before cooking the meat.

Food for thought as a cheap alternative to an stainless steel gyros made for shops, I would say they would cost in the thousands but not really sure.

Good luck.... Smiley

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #7 - May 17th, 2018 at 11:32pm

So Ajax-I doubt I could find anyone here who would make one up even if I asked around unfortunately- looks like I will have to just oven bake and baste a lot ( tedious grrr)- who knows I might come across a bargain one day and will pounce on it -

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #8 - May 18th, 2018 at 4:33pm

Agnes wrote on May 17th, 2018 at 11:32pm:
So Ajax-I doubt I could find anyone here who would make one up even if I asked around unfortunately- looks like I will have to just oven bake and baste a lot ( tedious grrr)- who knows I might come across a bargain one day and will pounce on it -

good luck............... Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print