Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: What to do with the perpetrators of dog beatings, burning and torturing !

Nuke them on mass and burn their faces off    
  0 (0.0%)
Slowly boil then in water and film it on a phone    
  0 (0.0%)
Feed them to hungry lions one limb at a time    
  0 (0.0%)
Put them in a crocodile pen with no escape    
  0 (0.0%)
Use them as live bait in a zoo    
  0 (0.0%)
Spread a deadly human virus via dog consumption    
  1 (20.0%)
All of the above    
  0 (0.0%)
All of the above whilst laughing    
  4 (80.0%)

Total votes: 5
« Created by: Sir lastnail on: May 14th, 2018 at 12:16am »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
Sick cruel chinese bastards (Read 5576 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Sick cruel chinese bastards
Reply #30 - May 11th, 2018 at 11:15am

The vast majority of Australians who want to be employed are employed. This is despite all of our jobs being shipped overseas on a regular basis. What this means is that we are doing the highest paid jobs and getting others to do the poo jobs.

If you can't get a job, it is not because of a Chinese person getting paid $10 a day. It is because of the government jailing employers who pay you less than $100 a day.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - May 11th, 2018 at 11:45am

freediver wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 11:15am:
The vast majority of Australians who want to be employed are employed. This is despite all of our jobs being shipped overseas on a regular basis. What this means is that we are doing the highest paid jobs and getting others to do the poo jobs.

If you can't get a job, it is not because of a Chinese person getting paid $10 a day. It is because of the government jailing employers who pay you less than $100 a day.

When was the last time any employer was jailed for not paying the right wage/hourly rate?

The push for casualisation is causing a massive down grade in secure full time employment & the $ amount people can bring home.

Good for the economy?

HARDLY.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - May 11th, 2018 at 11:48am

Oh & by the by .... they are not just offshoring the poo jobs.

They are bringing in OS labour to do the poo jobs here at reduced rates .... no?  Grin

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - May 11th, 2018 at 3:07pm

tickleandrose wrote on May 10th, 2018 at 8:35am:
Capitalism is the fundamental reason why manufacturing is moving overseas, not only to China but to other countries as well.  Why? It drives down the cost.   There is no way, anyone in Australia can compete with someone who only gets paid $10 a day.   And our 'true blue' Aussie companies that have 'no choice' but to 'outsource'.   And its not just manufacturing.  When is it the last time you ring up Telstra, and have a local first line phone operator? 

The flip-side to that is that we all end up on the dole and supplementing that with credit cards we can never pay off. This is already happening to us Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - May 11th, 2018 at 3:10pm

freediver wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 11:15am:

Yes but most of those are in the service sector and create no real wealth to pay off our debt simply because thoise services can't be exported.  As soon as you lose your manufacturing base then that is when the standard of living starts to decline !

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #35 - May 11th, 2018 at 4:41pm

The jobs are in whatever sector is paying the most. We cannot ship our McDonalds jobs off to China. Nor can we ship our plumbing or mining jobs off. So plastic trinkets and phone support are cheap. A burger or a truckload of iron ore are expensive, because you have to pay an Australian in a relatively high wage to provide it.

We do not 'need' a manufacturing base. It is not some magic bullet. Manufacturing will happen in Australia wherever it is profitable. If mining or agriculture are more valuable, people will choose to do that instead, and bring in more money.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - May 12th, 2018 at 10:17am

freediver wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 4:41pm:
The jobs are in whatever sector is paying the most. We cannot ship our McDonalds jobs off to China. Nor can we ship our plumbing or mining jobs off. So plastic trinkets and phone support are cheap. A burger or a truckload of iron ore are expensive, because you have to pay an Australian in a relatively high wage to provide it.

We do not 'need' a manufacturing base. It is not some magic bullet. Manufacturing will happen in Australia wherever it is profitable. If mining or agriculture are more valuable, people will choose to do that instead, and bring in more money.

Yes you need a manufacturing base or value added industries otherwise there is no way we can sustain our standard of living without going into more and more debt.

Just look at Germany. Do you mean to tell me they should close down all of the car industries and stop exporting premium quality cars and instead start serving each other cups of coffee instead ??

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #37 - May 12th, 2018 at 10:22am

Quote:
Yes you need a manufacturing base or value added industries otherwise there is no way we can sustain our standard of living without going into more and more debt.

Says who?

Does McDonalds count as value-added?

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - May 12th, 2018 at 2:43pm

freediver wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 10:22am:
Quote:

Says who?

does McDonalds here export out of australia ?

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #39 - May 12th, 2018 at 2:45pm

Sir lastnail wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 2:43pm:
freediver wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 10:22am:
Quote:

Says who?

does McDonalds here export out of australia ?

Only the money they make.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #40 - May 12th, 2018 at 2:50pm

freediver wrote on May 11th, 2018 at 4:41pm:

But FD - we need to add value to what we export.

We need to sell steel not iron ore.

We need to sell Uranium fuel rods - not Yellowcake.

We need to sell woolen clothing not bales of wool.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #41 - May 12th, 2018 at 5:55pm

Quote:

Why?

And how is it even possible to export something with zero added value?

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - May 12th, 2018 at 6:27pm

freediver wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 5:55pm:
Quote:

Why?

Because otherwise how do we pay off our obscene debt obligation or do you think we should keep borrowing money from abroad for the purpose of inflating house prices instead of putting that borrowed money into productive industries which add value and create real wealth ??

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #43 - May 12th, 2018 at 6:31pm

Sir lastnail wrote on May 12th, 2018 at 6:27pm:
Quote:

Why?

Because otherwise how do we pay off our obscene debt obligation or do you think we should keep borrowing money from abroad for the purpose of inflating house prices instead of putting that borrowed money into productive industries which add value and create real wealth ??

By selling coal and potatoes.

Would you rather we wove baskets?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #44 - May 12th, 2018 at 6:35pm

Quote:

Why?

FD,
Just deal with one point then.

Why do we sell Yellowcake and not Uranium fuel rods?

Why don't we add value to the Yellowcake?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print