Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
another hypocrite. (Read 320 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

another hypocrite.
May 8th, 2018 at 10:44am

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/matthew-newton-rocked-...

TROUBLED actor Matthew Newton has been rocked by a new domestic violence scandal, after the father of his on-and-off partner was accused of sexually brutalising at least three former partners.

The high profile fall of New York Attorney-General Eric Schneiderman — a powerful Democrat and loud voice in the #metoo movement after suing Harvey Weinstein — began today with revelations in The New Yorker magazine about his violence towards women.

His only daughter, Catherine, 24, has been Newton’s on-off partner for several years.

The pair were reportedly engaged in 2016 and there were reports they had secretly wed.

They live together in Catherine’s apartment on the Upper West Side.

Newton has had several brushes with the law over his treatment of women, including actresses and former girlfriend, Brooke Satchwell, and actress and former fiance Rachael Taylor.

According to accounts published by The New Yorker, two of the women, Michelle Manning Barish and Tanya Selvaratnam, said that Schneiderman, 63, “repeatedly hit them, often after drinking, frequently in bed and never with their consent,” forcing them to seek medical attention. Manning Barish recounted Schneiderman “shaking me and grabbing my face,” demanding that she repeat lines such as “I’m a little wh**e,” and threatening her that “If you ever left me, I’d kill you.”

Barish accused Schneiderman of being emotionally abusive, describing his attempts to control her body by demanding she remove a tattoo and lose weight.

Selvaratnam called Schneiderman “a misogynist and a sexual sadist.”

Schneiderman’s relationships with the two women took place between 2013 and 2017.

The New Yorker also vetted two other women’s stories, but they have remained unidentified.

The women wanted to tell their stories after witnessing Schneiderman become a vocal advocate against sexual misconduct during the rise of the #MeToo movement.

As the Weinstein Company has been forced into bankruptcy, Schneiderman, who has filed a lawsuit on behalf of its employees, had urged any bidders for the company to include compensation for the victims.

“From the start, we’ve underscored the importance of adequately compensating victims, protecting current employees, and ensuring that wrongdoers are not rewarded,” said Amy Spitalnick, a spokeswoman for Schneiderman’s office.

“We’ll continue to push for those critical goals.”

Scheniderman told The New Yorker that he had not “assaulted anyone”.

In the privacy of intimate relationships, I have engaged in role-playing and other consensual sexual activity. I have not assaulted anyone,” he said.

“I have never engaged in nonconsensual sex, which is a line I would not cross.”

not sure why Mathew Newtons name had to be dragged in..

but this guy is your usual ,hypocrite.... who can only see wrong in other peoples    behavior and can never relate it to their own.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes..

they must have blinkers in their minds ......that shuts off their own abusive behavior   .. and he was  the NY Attorney General Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print