Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
did you watch Masterchef (Read 9786 times)
Black Orchid

Re: did you watch Masterchef
Reply #15 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 12:56pm

Really sorry to see Reece go.  He had what it took to go right through but why did he not do a dessert for that challenge?

I like Ben but he won't make it past Sashi and Khanh who are favoured by the judges.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #16 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 7:49pm

Sashi and Khanh might be the favourites at the moment, but I think that Chloe will win simply because she's a white Australian. Sashi would probably be the best cook out of the lot of them and deserves to win.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jul 21st, 2018 at 9:23pm

mantra wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 7:49pm:
Sashi and Khanh might be the favourites at the moment, but I think that Chloe will win simply because she's a white Australian. Sashi would probably be the best cook out of the lot of them and deserves to win.

thats a bit over the top mantra   never ever thought the judges were like that   I have my money on sashi...be most surprised if he doesnt win in....hes not one of my fav though.....

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #18 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 5:37am

cods wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 9:23pm:
mantra wrote on Jul 21st, 2018 at 7:49pm:

thats a bit over the top mantra   never ever thought the judges were like that   I have my money on sashi...be most surprised if he doesnt win in....hes not one of my fav though.....

In a decade - aside from Adam Liaw an exceptional cook, who was an Aussie lawyer, I haven't seen any Asians or Muslims win. Maybe this year it will be different. I don't think the Judges are racist, but the producers might believe the show would lose the Australian ratings if they became more diverse. 

We'll just have to wait and see if the best cook wins this year.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 10:27am

still a bit of a broad take mantra....

you just have to look at the diverse people from the start   

its the best cook at the end   mantra......what they do throughout the season doesnt count anymore....

I do believe the judges are spot on when they pick the one to leave.....and they do all agree on which one.....

its the way George helps Jess that pings me off....not sure its cheating or racist....but its unfair   I think...

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #20 - Jul 22nd, 2018 at 1:32pm

cods wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 10:27am:
still a bit of a broad take mantra....

you just have to look at the diverse people from the start   

its the best cook at the end   mantra......what they do throughout the season doesnt count anymore....

I do believe the judges are spot on when they pick the one to leave.....and they do all agree on which one.....

its the way George helps Jess that pings me off....not sure its cheating or racist....but its unfair   I think...

That's understandable Cods. She's a very attractive 19 year old and she's also clever. What man doesn't want to help a pretty young girl who's so friendly. George probably helps her just so she'll smile at him. He's not the type of bloke females would look at twice.

Yes the judges seem to pick the right ones to leave. After 10 years they can pick who goes, who stays and who will win to make the majority of their viewers happy.

I still think Chloe will win. If I'm wrong - then I'll admit that I've misjudged the show.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jul 24th, 2018 at 2:09pm

gotch ya mantra.... it will definitely be between the three Asians.... Ben hasnt got a chance..

at this stage I dont think jess can do any wrong.

and george will probably offer her a job .. Roll Eyes

just sayin!

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #22 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 8:01am

cods wrote on Jul 24th, 2018 at 2:09pm:
gotch ya mantra.... it will definitely be between the three Asians.... Ben hasnt got a chance..

at this stage I dont think jess can do any wrong.

and george will probably offer her a job .. Roll Eyes

just sayin!

Now that Chloe has gone and she was annoying, Ben has got a good chance of winning. I didn't think he had much hope either Cods, but he's a white Australian even if his dishes are very simple. Fish and chips - ribs and salsa?

It won't be between the 3 Asians. Khanh really needs to keep his tongue in his mouth and Jess is too young and only focused on desserts.

The standard of cooking is very low this year. Too many desserts and not enough decent main meals.

Let's see who has the ability to follow Heston Blumenthal's menu. Will it be Sashi or will it be Ben who's more proficient at noticing the finer details under pressure? Ben looks ill, but now that he's so close to the ultimate prize - he might have the incentive to race to the finish line first before he goes back to hospital?

« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2018 at 8:06am by mantra »  

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 8:24am

well I cant see Ben winning   I am thinking he is being given a lifeline otherwise others will start thinking like I am....its a set up....Ben isnt very imaginative too basic...and that fish I thought looked terrible.. didnt appeal to me at all...

it will come down to 3 Asians and it will be a tough pick

we shall see whos right soon mantra....  Wink Wink.. drinks on you if I win   and on me if you win..lol  make that paddle pops Smiley

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 9:26am

mantra were you really convinced Khans ice cream dessert was the best of the best.?....

ice cream... cream and blue cheese.. and half a fig...

what am I missing here.....there was no skill used in that at all....at least the other 3 dishes needed skill..and they looked great.....I didnt hear one negative....yet ice cream won... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #25 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 6:58pm

I could tell when the judges raved on about it that the dessert would be picked Cods. It might have been a diversion for the semi-final so they look as though they're being neutral, especially if they're planning on Ben winning.

The show is obviously tactical and they play to the various strengths of the contestants so they have a fair idea in advance of who will be going on and who will be eliminated.

I can't see how anyone whose strength lies in desserts only can win.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 7:13pm

but did you agree with their choice of winning dish???...

even Sashi who had a terrible time didnt resort to using a gas filled gadget to getting part of his dish on the plate...

what Khan did was basic cheating  his cheese cream thing was a flop.. it was no more a mousse  than a yogurt is....... none of the four finalists  have an all round skill really......not sure if thats a big deal..as anyone that goes into a kitchen  usually has only the one job.....   

its MKR where they have to cook 3 courses.....maybe that is fairer I dont know.... if Ben gets into the final 2   I will be in shock.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 6:34pm

well this is a surprise Bens in the semi...if jess hadnt gone this time round   I would have given up on this show....but shes working for george who would have thought it?...

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #28 - Jul 31st, 2018 at 8:12am

cods wrote on Jul 30th, 2018 at 6:34pm:
well this is a surprise Bens in the semi...if jess hadnt gone this time round   I would have given up on this show....but shes working for george who would have thought it?...

I didn't know Jess was working for George, but it's no surprise. Khanh is also gone which I expected would happen.

Will Ben do more justice to a Blumenthal recipe than Sashi? Who would know aside from the judges.

Maybe I've been misreading the signals? Maybe Masterchef will prove me wrong this year. Could a very likeable and happy Indian win over a stoic Aussie bloke who cooks fish well? Would most Australians prefer well cooked seafood over a spicy Indian dish?

Ben definitely looks like the favourite Cods, but if I'm wrong I'll put the kettle on for a pot of tea. If not - chocolate paddle pops are my favourite.  Smiley

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jul 31st, 2018 at 8:24am

Khanh hasnt gone mantra... he wont his way into the final with ice cream and half a fig....????????

jess working in thePress  Club owned by George...

Sashi is Malaysian not Indian...lolol

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print