Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Indian rape victim burned alive (Read 4941 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Indian rape victim burned alive
Reply #30 - May 7th, 2018 at 7:23pm

Nothing to do with a typo.  Who gets burned/incinerated about a dowry?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - May 7th, 2018 at 7:24pm

Aussie wrote on May 7th, 2018 at 7:05pm:
Gnads wrote on May 7th, 2018 at 6:53pm:
Aussie wrote on May 7th, 2018 at 12:12pm:
Quote:
Burning/killing women for dowrie is also as old as in India .... is that OK?

Gawd!

Gawd the farg what?

It's a fact.

That this mob burnt a girl they raped as punishment for them being dobbed in is not an unusual circumstance in India. And it's not specific to the area in question.

And by the by 90% of the Indian sub-continent being poor & uneducated wouldn't be a harsh estimate.

Dowrie.

Dowries plural - dowry singular

You got anything of substance?

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - May 7th, 2018 at 7:25pm

Aussie wrote on May 7th, 2018 at 7:23pm:

Actually you're a bigger naive fool than I thought.

Educated/knowledgeable my arse. Roll Eyes

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #33 - May 7th, 2018 at 7:27pm

Gnads wrote on May 7th, 2018 at 7:25pm:

All I know is that TIB's mob never paid me a dowry.  Can I burn her?  Is that legal in Australia, or even India?

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - May 7th, 2018 at 7:31pm

Quote:
“Dowry deaths”, where a new bride is murdered because her family either will not or cannot satisfy incessant demands by her husband and in-laws for further money and goods after the wedding, are still relatively common in India. Over 24,771 such deaths were reported across the country in the three years from 2012 to 2014, working out at nearly one every hour.

India’s ancient dowry system, which is illegal but still prevalent, is associated with caste, where the bride’s family would pay a sum to her future husband’s relatives to ensure a good match. Skin colour is often a strong indicator of caste in India.

According to the report, Somera’s mother Tandila Biwi alleged in her police complaint that the husband’s family regularly beat her daughter and told her “You are dark. We don't want you in the family”.

Mrs Bibi’s husband and his relatives are believed to have absconded with her two-year-old son. Local police did not respond to request for comment last night.

West Bengal has the country’s highest rate of cruelty by a husband or his family to wives, according to India’s National Crime Records Bureau, with 61,259 cases reported.

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #35 - May 7th, 2018 at 7:34pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on May 7th, 2018 at 7:31pm:
Quote:
“Dowry deaths”, where a new bride is murdered because her family either will not or cannot satisfy incessant demands by her husband and in-laws for further money and goods after the wedding, are still relatively common in India. Over 24,771 such deaths were reported across the country in the three years from 2012 to 2014, working out at nearly one every hour.

India’s ancient dowry system,
which is illegal
but still prevalent, is associated with caste, where the bride’s family would pay a sum to her future husband’s relatives to ensure a good match. Skin colour is often a strong indicator of caste in India.

According to the report, Somera’s mother Tandila Biwi alleged in her police complaint that the husband’s family regularly beat her daughter and told her “You are dark. We don't want you in the family”.

Mrs Bibi’s husband and his relatives are believed to have absconded with her two-year-old son. Local police did not respond to request for comment last night.

West Bengal has the country’s highest rate of cruelty by a husband or his family to wives, according to India’s National Crime Records Bureau, with 61,259 cases reported.

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - May 7th, 2018 at 7:35pm

Quote:
Dowries and death continue apace in India

February 10, 2017

MUMBAI // It is supposedly illegal, but a spate of deaths linked to India’s dowry system shows the practice is not only widespread but shows little sign of abating

About 8,000 dowry deaths are recorded each year in India, according to the national crimes statistics bureau.

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - May 7th, 2018 at 7:35pm

Aussie wrote on May 7th, 2018 at 7:27pm:

All I know is that TIB's mob never paid me a dowry.  Can I burn her?  Is that legal in Australia, or even India?

Listen Aussie ... don't post links for people to read if you won't read links people post for you.

You're not Indian ... & I bet her family consider you rich .... been hit up to supply anything back home?

So do you feel you need to up the ante about what her family provide you?

If not the your response is irrelevant.

Educate yourself on some Indian culture & history ... obviously your missus hasn't.

Is she from a minority well off high caste family?

Surely not from a Mumbai slum?  Grin

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - May 7th, 2018 at 7:40pm

Aussie wrote on May 7th, 2018 at 7:34pm:
President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on May 7th, 2018 at 7:31pm:
Quote:

India’s ancient dowry system,
which is illegal
but still prevalent, is associated with caste, where the bride’s family would pay a sum to her future husband’s relatives to ensure a good match. Skin colour is often a strong indicator of caste in India.

You obviously don't understand much about India or why that young girl who was raped was burnt.

Nor have you a clue that law enforcement in these matters is not often enforced.

It doesn't matter that the practice of dowry killings is illegal ... it still continues unabated.

What does that tell you about Indias law enforcement?

Wake up to yourself.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #39 - May 7th, 2018 at 7:45pm

Gnads wrote on May 7th, 2018 at 7:35pm:
Aussie wrote on May 7th, 2018 at 7:27pm:

Listen Aussie ... don't post links for people to read if you won't read links people post for you.

I read the link.  See my highlight.

You're not Indian ... & I bet her family consider you rich .... been hit up to supply anything back home?

No they don't, and no they never ever ever have.  Sorry to stuff up your stereotyping with facts.

So do you feel you need to up the ante about what her family provide you?

Does not cross my mind, TIB's or that of any Member of her Family.

If not the your response is irrelevant.

Don't care,  Facts are facts.

Educate yourself on some Indian culture & history ... obviously your missus hasn't.

Don't make me giggle.

Is she from a minority well off high caste family?

Brahmin.  Not well off at all.  Just typical Punjabi Indian/Kenyan/Hounslow people out of the 1950s.

Surely not from a Mumbai slum?  Grin

No.

« Last Edit: May 7th, 2018 at 7:51pm by Aussie »  

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - May 7th, 2018 at 8:11pm

Gordon wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 1:57pm:
Indians are the most foul and vial race of people on the planet. They stink and so does their culture.

Yuck

Indian girl burnt alive after parents file rape charges

Indian police have arrested 14 people suspected of kidnapping, raping and burning to death a teenage girl, the latest in rising crimes against women in India despite the toughening of laws.

Key points:
14 men have been arrested in connection to the murder
Around 100 rapes reported in India per day, 40% involving children, while countless more go unreported
Last month, India introduced the death penalty for rape of a child under 12
District Magistrate Jitendera Singh said the group abducted the girl from Chatra, a village in eastern Jharkhand state, while she was attending a wedding ceremony on Thursday.

Some of them allegedly raped her before letting her go home.

After her parents reported the crime, village council leaders ordered the accused rapists to do 100 sit-ups and pay a 50,000 rupee (A$990) fine as punishment, according to the BBC.

Enraged by the punishment, Mr Singh said the suspects beat up the girl's family members for complaining against them and burned the 16-year-old alive.

Mr Singh said police were searching for the main suspect in the case.

100 rapes reported nationally every day
Reported rape cases in India have climbed steadily over recent years to around 40,000 in 2016, or about 100 a day, with many more believed to go unreported.

Child rape accounts for about 40 per cent of the reported cases.

Anger over the failure of police to stem daily sex attacks on children and women has boiled over since 2012, when a student was gang-raped and murdered on a moving New Delhi bus.

That attack galvanised a country where widespread violence against women had long been quietly accepted.

Several cases of sexual assault of children have come to light in recent weeks from different parts of the country, leading to an outpouring of anger.

The government introduced the death penalty for the rape of girls younger than 12 last month after a particularly gruesome case of rape and murder of a Muslim girl in Jammu and Kashmir state.

While the government has passed a series of laws increasing punishment for rape of an adult to 20 years in prison, it is rare for more than a few weeks to pass without another brutal sexual assault being reported.

Accused found dead after rape of nine-year-old
On Friday, protests erupted in southern India over a separate case of rape involving a nine-year-old girl.

A mob blocked highways and sat on railway tracks near Guntur, in the state of Andhra Pradesh, demanding public punishment for a rickshaw puller accused of the attack.

The crowd attacked the accused's house and thrashed his son, media said.

On Friday, the accused, said to be around 55, was found hanging in a wood and police said he had likely committed suicide.

Police superintendent Venkata Appala Naidu said the girl who had been assaulted in Guntur was recovering in hospital.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-06/indian-girl-burnt-alive-after-parents-f...

Gordon, are you moving on from the Muselman and the Dirty Arab? I'm curious.

This is not according to the agreed plan, you know: Muselman first. All other tinted races and their spineless apologists next.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - May 7th, 2018 at 8:13pm

freediver wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 6:17pm:
The reason they are protesting is because it is reflective of India.

Not Islam?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - May 7th, 2018 at 8:19pm

Gnads wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 8:50pm:
freediver wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 8:12pm:
Gnads wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 7:04pm:
Aussie wrote on May 6th, 2018 at 2:46pm:
Appalling.  Did a Google and Chatra, a village in eastern Jharkhand State, is regarded as one of India's many hundreds of 'backward' areas, with a low literacy rate.

I can say this terrible conduct will be condemned and is condemned by the vast majority of Indians.

It is not reflective of India today, rather of an India still not out of pre Raj days.

But, there it is, and all you lovers of bashing everything Indian, knock yourselves out in excitement.  A dream come true for you.

Rubbish ... the Raj had/has nothing to do with this sort of attitude.

And those migrating here or trying to come by whatever means come from a broad cross section of the Indian continent.

And to the poor vast majority of Indians this is par for the course.

Your Mrs. being Indian & coming from Fiji is irrelevant to the vastness cultural diversity of the Indian sub-continent scenario.

This shyte happens all over. 

he said pre Raj.

In that case it's a reversion to old practice that may have been stamped out under the Raj.

Unlike the tribal child sexual abuse of boys in Afghanistan called Bacha Bazi which was stamped out during the Taliban occupation but resurfaced with a vengeance after the West took control & they turned a blind eye to it because they were courting the Warlords of the groups carrying it out.

No, dear, most certainly not stamped out by the British Raj, but by Gandhiji, post-independence.

Burning widows was legislated against only after independence, as every schoolboy knows.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - May 7th, 2018 at 8:29pm

Jasin wrote on May 7th, 2018 at 12:24pm:
A good example of the darkie 'Alpha' male dominance over their Beta females.
In Australia - the whitey males are Beta and can't even have a Mens Shed without having to include Woman for fear of being sued.

In all the Darkie nations - the males 'dominate'.
In Western 'Whitey' nations - the females dominate.
Black Groom / White Bride
...its just a plain fact.
Whitey males are so 'Beta' - that their Media promotes 79% of 'males' being 'darker' in their advertisements, etc (even historical art/artifacts depicted the male as 'darker').

Don't blame me. It's just the facts.

Personally, I've travelled to Kathmandu (Hindu/Indian region of Nepal) and beyond that - I've found the Indian race and the 'Caste' system culture the most RACIST aspect of existence anywhere. It is far worse than the South African Apartheid and other popular 'racist' clichés.
The Indian Caste system is appalling.

The over-population of India is a crime and a racist based crime unto itself. Gay Gandhi said "Go out in the name of love and outbreed thy enemy" (because he couldn't).
I've come into contact with many Indians, even washed dishes in an Indie restaurant. They are the worst racists on the planet and a nation of Paedophiles who grab the girls as young as possible to 'seed'.

Ironic that 'Blacks' invented 'Slavery' and 'Racism'.
But hey, that's BETA whitey male for ya. Takes it up the clacker even with this.  Roll Eyes

Did they? Only Whitey took slavery to new levels during the Roman and British empires.

Indentured labor, on the other hand, only ended after the British pulled out of India too. Only Africans could ever ever ever will be slaves, but the indentured labour of Indians was, perhaps, the real gold of the new world. Malaysia, Singapore, the Pacific and Indian Ocean islands and various countries in Africa are full of leftover forced Indian labourers.

Their difference to slaves? They sent a handful of rupees back to the old country.

Britains never never never will be slaves, just not Injuns and C00ns.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #44 - May 7th, 2018 at 8:44pm

Quote:
Indentured labor, on the other hand, only ended after the British pulled out of India too. Only Africans could ever ever ever will be slaves, but the indentured labour of Indians was, perhaps, the real gold of the new world. Malaysia, Singapore, the Pacific and Indian Ocean islands and various countries in Africa are full of leftover forced Indian labourers.

Not sure about forced in the case of TIB's Mob.   I do know her Old Man and Mother did go to Kenya to be part of building the rail network there.  He was a very gutsy bloke.  Pulled the pin when Kenyata got enthusiastic and moved the entire (very young) Family to Hounslow, Middlesex.

Wonderful and gracious person I spent multiple hours with playing chess (whenever I was over there) and there was one occasion when he showed me how he dodgied up some documents to make that move.  Indians are crafty, I will concede.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print