Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Deer Hunting to supply free range Venison (Read 6109 times)
Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Deer Hunting to supply free range Venison
May 5th, 2018 at 6:27pm

Quote:
Push growing for wild Tasmanian deer to be hunted for restaurants and butchers

The push for wild Tasmanian deer to be hunted for the commercial food and restaurant trade is gaining momentum.

It is one of the big issues to be considered by the State Government's new peak body for the management of deer in the state — the Tasmanian Game Council.

John Kelly, who owns Lenah Game Meats, said there was a massive demand for the product.

"We're also selling about five tonnes a month of venison on the mainland that we're sourcing from South Australia."
He simply cannot meet demand.

"It was only a few weeks ago I had to knock back another order for 10 tonnes of venison a month because I just simply can't get it."

Mr Kelly is among those leading the charge to source venison from Tasmania, but said there were obstacles in the way.

"We tried last year to get 1,000 animals processed in Tasmania and we just couldn't find anywhere to do it," he said.

"We have enormous demand for venison yet in Tasmania thousands and thousands of deer are being shot and left in the bush to rot.

"That alone, to my mind, is a criminal waste. The fact that Tasmanians are losing out on jobs and income from it just makes it worse.

Primary Industries Minister Sarah Courtney said once established, the game council would give advice on the management of deer and other game animals.

She said the council would consider the possibility of hunting deer for food in Tasmania.

Environmentalist Bob Brown said the increasing number of wild deer was having a devastating impact on the World Heritage Area and farmland.
He said the whole process was moving too slowly and called for a cull.

"This State Government now has been aware for years of the rapid spread of wild deer through rural Tasmania, as well as into national parks and the World Heritage Area and has done nothing.
"What's required here is action from the Minister for National Parks — that's Will Hodgman — to stop the deer in their tracks."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-05/the-push-for-wild-tasmanian-deer-to-be-hun...

Deer hunters don't leave Deer to rot they harvest what they shoot and fill their freezers with venison.

When government contractors shoot animals they leave them to rot, I see Bob Brown calling for a cull shows he would rather let deer rot than be harvested for meat.

Australia is the worlds largest exporter of goat meat perhaps we should start exporting venison as well which is a perfect way of dealing with these introduced feral pests.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Re: Deer Hunting to supply free range Venison
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2018 at 7:10pm

I have tried venison. Tried the farmed version, tried the wild version. Inferior grade of mutton.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 5th, 2018 at 7:38pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 5th, 2018 at 7:34pm:
off topic deleted by Mod

Bambi squashes, eats  and destroys native plant life which affects our native animals. Bambi needs to die!! Angry Angry

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 5th, 2018 at 7:44pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 5th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on May 5th, 2018 at 7:38pm:
off topic deleted by Mod

Bambi squashes, eats  and destroys native plant life which affects our native animals. Bambi needs to die!! Angry Angry

A had a shot at one once while rabbit shooting with a double barrelled shotgun. I missed. Those buggers are quick and their sense of smell is amazing.
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2018 at 8:01pm by Baronvonrort »  

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 5th, 2018 at 7:46pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 5th, 2018 at 7:46pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on May 5th, 2018 at 7:44pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on May 5th, 2018 at 7:43pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on May 5th, 2018 at 7:38pm:
off topic deleted by Mod

A had a shot at one once while rabbit shooting with a double barrelled shotgun. I missed. Those buggers are quick and their sense of smell is amazing.

A doe , a deer a female deer.
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2018 at 8:02pm by Baronvonrort »  

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #5 - May 5th, 2018 at 8:00pm

I love venison buy have never had the opportunity to try wild harvested. I'd love to go shooting with you.

IBI

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - May 5th, 2018 at 8:05pm

I think I've only ever tried that wild stuff. Tasted great.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #7 - May 5th, 2018 at 8:07pm

freediver wrote on May 5th, 2018 at 8:05pm:
I think I've only ever tried that wild stuff. Tasted great.

Elk is supposed to be best.

IBI

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 5th, 2018 at 8:20pm

Gordon wrote on May 5th, 2018 at 8:00pm:
I love venison buy have never had the opportunity to try wild harvested. I'd love to go shooting with you.

You  need a firearms license for recreational hunting/Vermin control.
https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/online_services/firearms/licences/licence_and_genu...

You also need a Game hunting license-
Quote:
Exemptions

You are not required to hold a NSW game hunting licence if you are:
1.hunting rabbits, foxes, feral goats, feral pigs, hares, feral cats or wild dogs (other than dingo) on private land.
2.hunting on any land you own or occupy. This exemption also applies to members of your household and your employees

Information for Aboriginal people

If you are an Aboriginal person, you are exempt from the NSW game hunting licensing provisions, provided that:
you are hunting a game animal that is pursuant to a native title right or interest, and that is the subject of an approved determination of native title or of a registered native title claim, and/or
you are a member, or in the company of a member, of a Local Aboriginal Land Council, and you are undertaking traditional cultural hunting in the Council area.

https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/hunting/hunting-licences

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - May 5th, 2018 at 8:27pm

Baronvonrort wrote on May 5th, 2018 at 8:20pm:

https://www.police.nsw.gov.au/online_services/firearms/licences/licence_and_genu...

Quote:
Exemptions

1.hunting rabbits, foxes, feral goats, feral pigs, hares, feral cats or wild dogs (other than dingo) on private land.
2.hunting on any land you own or occupy. This exemption also applies to members of your household and your employees

If you are an Aboriginal person, you are exempt from the NSW game hunting licensing provisions, provided that:
you are hunting a game animal that is pursuant to a native title right or interest, and that is the subject of an approved determination of native title or of a registered native title claim, and/or
you are a member, or in the company of a member, of a Local Aboriginal Land Council, and you are undertaking traditional cultural hunting in the Council area.

You need balls of steel to kill animals and eat them.

You're my hero, Baron.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 5th, 2018 at 8:28pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 5th, 2018 at 8:27pm:

Quote:
Exemptions

You're my hero, Baron.

So you don't eat meat pecca?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 5th, 2018 at 8:30pm

greggerypeccary wrote on May 5th, 2018 at 8:30pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on May 5th, 2018 at 8:28pm:

Quote:
Exemptions

You're my hero, Baron.

« Last Edit: May 5th, 2018 at 8:39pm by Baronvonrort »  

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - May 5th, 2018 at 8:33pm

Quote:
Exemptions

You're my hero, Baron.

Does this muslim woman have balls of steel little pecca?

Quote:
The 'huntress' in a hijab: Muslim mother-of-four who teaches her children how to shoot in the Australian bush whispers an Arabic prayer when she pulls the trigger - before taking their halal bounty home to eat

Muslim woman reveals her passion for hunting and butchering wild animals

The Sydney mother-of-four says she is passing the trade on to her children

Kadeja Assaad, 36, revealed she prays to Allah before pulling the trigger

Ms Assaad did everything from stalking to butchering the animals for food

A Muslim woman who hunts wild animals and butchers them for meat is teaching her four children the same trade.
Single mother-of-four Kadeja Assaad, 36, takes to bush land in regional NSW to hunt goats, foxes, rabbits and deer before lugging the carcasses back home and preparing the meat for her children's dinner.

The former hair stylist and beauty therapist, who dubs herself a 'proud hunter', boasts of her hunting prowess online.
Photos show the huntress crouching alongside her kills with rifle in hand.

Ms Assaad revealed she mainly hunted deer because she loved halal venison

My son is really looking forward to becoming a shooter when he turns 12 next year.

She said her weapons of choice included a Tikka T3 Hunter 243 and a Savage 22 Magnum.
She said she used a handmade Russian Kizlyar knife to butcher the animals for meat once they were dead.

The Sydney woman said she did everything herself from start to finish.

'I hunt them in the bush, and if they're too big to hold the whole carcass (in the car), I butcher them on the land and bring back as much meat as I can,' she said.
'I sometimes prepare the hide to make it into a rug.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4981828/Muslim-mother-Kadeja-Assaad-hunt...

Nice to see her daughters don't wear a hijab.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #13 - May 5th, 2018 at 9:56pm

Quote:
Exemptions

You're my hero, Baron.

Of course he does, he's said it before. What he really means is he doesn't have balls of steel. He may have none at all, that's why he would rather other people kill his meat for him.

This would be a great export. Game meat is big in Europe.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #14 - May 5th, 2018 at 10:12pm

Setanta wrote on May 5th, 2018 at 9:56pm:

Quote:
Exemptions

You're my hero, Baron.

Of course he does, he's said it before. What he really means is he doesn't have balls of steel. He may have none at all, that's why he would rather other people kill his meat for him.

This would be a great export. Game meat is big in Europe.

He minces around the supermarket looking for a cut of meat to take home to cook then have painful anal sex.

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print