Relationship to thc (Read 14691 times)
Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Re: Relationship to thc
Reply #105 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 6:01pm

Except for my hedgerow!

Bought a Organic Gardening mag—had an article on brambleberries. These include:

Boysenberries—delicious BUT canes can grow 3m a season. Know where I can put some of these, nice windbreak!

Lawtonberry

Loganberry—great for jam. Leave to fully ripen, one of the best things about growing some fruit yourself. A dewberry–raspberry hybrid.

Marionberry—a hybrid like Loganberry, very soft so not available in the greengrocer.

And smoothstem blackberry, Tayberry, Youngberry and native Tasmanian brambleberries.

LOTS of raspberries all along north boundary. the bramble berries can go on east and southern boundaries apart from the boysenberries.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #106 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 9:23pm

Been reading up. If I buy 5 packs of 10 raspberry canes I will have plenty of space along my northern boundary: plant the 50 canes 750mm apart, plenty of room for the canes to create more canes from root suckers (that is NOT a gay term, Gay Booby!)

Probably 30 canes of early summer (plus a small fall harvest) variety plus 20 canes of a fall ripening variety for a harvest for pie making, canning raspberry juice, raspberry jam.

Make the bed 500mm wide and plant 3–5 canes along the width, 150+ canes meaning 150 lots of plenty of canes growing me luscious fruit.

I can’t (without much boring effort) grow mangoes in Tassie but cherries, apples, raspberries and other brambles, red and black currants, gooseberries and native Tassie berries will do me fine.
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2018 at 3:14pm by Jovial Monk »  

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #107 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 9:47pm

Any good stuff going around

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #108 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 9:50pm

Dear Agnes accused me of growing “thc” in Tassie and selling it on Gumtree!!!

That is why I called the thread “Relationship to thc.” You, Jeez, will have to philosophically resign yourself to getting the “good stuff” elsewhere  Smiley

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #109 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 12:51pm

I have found a source of yellow raspberry canes in Tassie. There is also a black raspberry that I am trying to find a source of canes for. Apparently has superb flavor.

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #110 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 1:12pm

No Tassie source for black raspberries yet, but found this:

Quote:
RASPBERRIES AUTUMN BLISS
Blissfully easy and delicious.

Quick and simple to establish with fruit February to April. There will be plenty of sweet, fragrant berries still to be harvested in autumn.

Raspberry Autumn Bliss is a great variety for beginners. A Primocane variety, the canes will grow and fruit in the same season. This makes them really easy. Once you have picked the last of the fruit, simply cut the lot down and next year the new canes will grow, bearing more delicious berries. The longer they have to establish the better your harvest will be.

An added benefit of Raspberry ‘Autumn Bliss’ is that the canes are quite short, so you can just about get away without providing a growing trellis. If you do this, you will need to choose a sheltered location.

Raspberry ‘Autumn Bliss’ has exemplary disease resistance and is a vigorous grower.

Raspberries grow well in cool climates and are pretty easy care and the plants produce reliably for many years.

Plant Raspberries in full sun. A humus rich, well drained soil is ideal. Space 150-180cm apart. Plant the cane quite shallow, around 10cm deep. Water in and keep moist when in flower and fruit. Add some mulch to help with water retention and weed reduction.

Good—but that is from the website of a Victorian company!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #111 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 4:26pm

Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 24th, 2018 at 9:50pm:

That is why I called the thread “Relationship to thc.” You, Jeez, will have to philosophically resign yourself to getting the “good stuff” elsewhere  Smiley

I must have missed that ad on gumtree, yields would be low in Tassie, mull plants grow better in the desert. Better off sticking to apples.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #112 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 8:54pm

Johnnie wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 4:26pm:
Jovial Monk wrote on Aug 24th, 2018 at 9:50pm:

I must have missed that ad on gumtree, yields would be low in Tassie, mull plants grow better in the desert. Better off sticking to apples.

He imagined it jeeze/he didnt put it in gumtree/thc is causing psychedelic  delusions and paranoia- he tried to jump off the top of his house into that special patch-- too much thc is a terrible thing--and rots the brain - now he is talkig about magic mushies- goldtops- I shudder to think how his brain will explode on that shite

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print