Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Your Thoughts on this year's Anzac Day March (Read 466 times)
Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Your Thoughts on this year's Anzac Day March
Apr 25th, 2018 at 3:47pm

Melbourne's was a bunfight, the order of march was changed at the last minute and the television broadcast by the ABC was woeful!   Apart from one or two instances, the camera's hardly covered  many of the contingents, instead focussing on the march spectators who were all busy texting away on their phones.        There were 50 of us in the submarine contingent and all we got was a quick flash of the skull and crossbones and that was it!     Contract it out next year would be my suggestion.  The pub at the end was good though

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Your Thoughts on this year's Anzac Day March
Reply #1 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 3:57pm

Vic wrote on Apr 25th, 2018 at 3:47pm:
Melbourne's was a bunfight, the order of march was changed at the last minute and the television broadcast by the ABC was woeful!   Apart from one or two instances, the camera's hardly covered  many of the contingents, instead focussing on the march spectators who were all busy texting away on their phones.        There were 50 of us in the submarine contingent and all we got was a quick flash of the skull and crossbones and that was it!     Contract it out next year would be my suggestion.  The pub at the end was good though

Did not see the Melbourne one.  Saw Brisbane as every year.  As usual, the Commentators often were not co-ordinated with what was on the TV screen.  They were commentating on what they saw live, rather than what the TV audience was seeing on the screen.

Also....they must know when the RAAF/Army Aviation are due to fly over, yet the cameras could only manage a very short glimpse.  To many school bands, as usual, but maybe they need them.  Also too many Association banners with just two kids carrying the banner.  Can't see the point in that.  Still, I watch every Year and inevitably, always well up on the occasion when my Old Man's mob are mentioned.  Elder Brother wears the Old Man's medals at whatever ceremony he is asked to attend.  I am chiselling away at him to allow the Old Man's eldest Grandson, my Son ('Donnie Darko') to wear them one Anzac Day.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Re: Your Thoughts on this year's Anzac Day March
Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2018 at 8:59am

Vic wrote on Apr 25th, 2018 at 3:47pm:

I was at the Canberra march they even kept the GG waiting for them to get their sh1t together. But a good march and a great Dawn Service non the less

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print