Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
NBN Speeds & complaints thereof ..... (Read 3118 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NBN Speeds & complaints thereof .....
Apr 24th, 2018 at 12:30pm

Just had the NBN activated to my residence. I was very apprehensive in my expectations after hearing so many horror stories & complaints about reliability & poor speeds & not getting what you're paying for ......

So far I'm stoked .... 46.7 mb/s download & 17.8 mb/s upload.

It's a little slower through WiFi to my Pay TV.

I hope it stays this way.  Smiley Smiley Smiley

My last ADSL2 speed test was 10.6 mb/s down & 0.9 mb/s up.

Many in other parts of town are getting NBN speeds much lower than my ADSL.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: NBN Speeds & complaints thereof .....
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 1:40pm

So, you're on tier 4?

50 Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload.

That must cost you quite a bit more.

I'm just on the basic tier 2 - 25 Mbps download and 5 Mbps - and that does me fine for Netflix, Stan, YouTube, and the internet.

I average about 23.5 down, and 4.5 up.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 2:10pm

Im on VDSL (not NBN) and ive got about 100 down and 30 up or something - not sure what the up is. 40 a month for first year and 80 a month after that. included voip (but havent bothered).

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 3:14pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 1:40pm:
So, you're on tier 4?

50 Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload.

That must cost you quite a bit more.

I'm just on the basic tier 2 - 25 Mbps download and 5 Mbps - and that does me fine for Netflix, Stan, YouTube, and the internet.

I average about 23.5 down, and 4.5 up.

That would do me also but my previous bundle was costing me the same & it has just transferred over.

Yes it's costing a quid so I expect what I'm paying for...

however once this contract lapses I will review the costs & download speeds.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 3:16pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 2:10pm:
Im on VDSL (not NBN) and ive got about 100 down and 30 up or something - not sure what the up is. 40 a month for first year and 80 a month after that. included voip (but havent bothered).

Spot

The "up" is upload .... when you put/send photos or media onto the internet ..... that's uploading.

When your PC is on & you're looking at this forum it's constantly downloading.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #5 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 3:29pm

Gnads wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 3:16pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 2:10pm:

Spot

The "up" is upload .... when you put/send photos or media onto the internet ..... that's uploading.

When your PC is on & you're looking at this forum it's constantly downloading.

Gawd. I meant i dont know what my speed is - i checked and it was about 20 but there are about 6 other people using the internet so i dont know

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #6 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 7:05pm

45 download, 14 upload.

IP Logged

Barb Dwyer

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 7:20pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 7:05pm:
45 download, 14 upload.

The NBN is all about just how much you are prepared to pay. You want very fast $100 a month. Average $60 a month. Roll Eyes Whatever, it is a rip off and the NBN will never be paid off before something newer and faster comes along.  Grin

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #8 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 6:24am

Yeah but where they are allowed competition nobody is going to opt for NBN because the other is better and cheaper (eg canberras vdsl).

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 8:24am

Quote:
VDSL offers speeds of up to 52 Mbit/s downstream and 16 Mbit/s upstream,[3] over a single flat untwisted or twisted pair of copper wires using the frequency band from 25 kHz to 12 MHz.[4] These rates mean that VDSL is capable of supporting applications such as high-definition television, as well as telephone services (voice over IP) and general Internet access, over a single connection. VDSL is deployed over existing wiring used for analog telephone service and lower-speed DSL connections. This standard was approved by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) in November 2001.

Second-generation systems (VDSL2; ITU-T G.993.2 approved in February 2006)[5] use frequencies of up to 30 MHz to provide data rates exceeding 100 Mbit/s simultaneously in both the upstream and downstream directions. The maximum available bit rate is achieved at a range of about 300 meters; performance degrades as the local loop attenuation increases.

Doesn't sound much different to the NBN system.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #10 - Apr 25th, 2018 at 9:19am

Gnads wrote on Apr 25th, 2018 at 8:24am:
Quote:
VDSL offers speeds of up to 52 Mbit/s downstream and 16 Mbit/s upstream,[3] over a single flat untwisted or twisted pair of copper wires using the frequency band from 25 kHz to 12 MHz.[4] These rates mean that VDSL is capable of supporting applications such as high-definition television, as well as telephone services (voice over IP) and general Internet access, over a single connection. VDSL is deployed over existing wiring used for analog telephone service and lower-speed DSL connections. This standard was approved by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) in November 2001.

Second-generation systems (VDSL2; ITU-T G.993.2 approved in February 2006)[5] use frequencies of up to 30 MHz to provide data rates exceeding 100 Mbit/s simultaneously in both the upstream and downstream directions. The maximum available bit rate is achieved at a range of about 300 meters; performance degrades as the local loop attenuation increases.

Doesn't sound much different to the NBN system.

No it doesnt. I think because its their own lines they install. I havent heard any complaints about it though just praise and like i said mine is faster than they said it would be. Might even be fibre-optic since it was only last year and not 2006.

Of course it would be better if we had the fibre plan that was originally proposed by labour. Then we could compete with the rest of the world with our internet measured in MB instead of mb.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #11 - Apr 29th, 2018 at 10:15pm

Barb Dwyer wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 7:20pm:
45 download, 14 upload.

The NBN is all about just how much you are prepared to pay. You want very fast $100 a month. Average $60 a month. Roll Eyes Whatever, it is a rip off and the NBN will never be paid off before something newer and faster comes along.  Grin

I pay about $130 per month (at most) on home, phone and internet. The internet speeds I have are quite good. When I upgraded the RAM on my computer in March, the internet experience was excellent. Parting with $80 a month on my internet is quite okay by me. However, I hope I get a better deal in the future for my money.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Apr 30th, 2018 at 1:43pm

Non NBN, telstra cable - 100 mbits/s down, only 1.5 up.  And peak time 89 mbits down - live on a street 1/2 full of retirees.   Smiley  I am holding on to the cable as long as I can.

IP Logged

Jovial Monk
Gold Member

Dogs not cats!

Reply #13 - May 25th, 2018 at 1:20pm

This made me laugh:

Quote:
NBN Co kills 100Mbps on fixed wireless
Worries instead about getting all users up to 25Mbps.
NBN Co has “killed” off plans to offer 100Mbps services on its fixed wireless network so it can concentrate on meeting its minimum performance obligations.

The company “suspended” its examination of fixed wireless tiers beyond 100Mbps a month ago while it tries to fix congestion problems in parts of the wireless network.

https://www.itnews.com.au/news/nbn-co-kills-100mbps-on-fixed-wireless-491662

The idiots connected the towers they put up back to the internet via microwave. Should have connected them via fibre! child of six knows that. So no wonder they are not “investigating” getting the towers to 100mbps  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin They won’t be able to reduce congestion either.

The Libs have made a pigs breakfast of what would have been vital national infrastructure. I want them penalised, squashed for deliberately wasting tens of billions of dollars of public money! Bastards!

Get the vaxx! 💉💉

If you don’t like abortions ignore them like you do school shootings.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #14 - May 26th, 2018 at 4:43pm

Jovial Monk wrote on May 25th, 2018 at 1:20pm:
This made me laugh:

Quote:
NBN Co kills 100Mbps on fixed wireless
Worries instead about getting all users up to 25Mbps.
NBN Co has “killed” off plans to offer 100Mbps services on its fixed wireless network so it can concentrate on meeting its minimum performance obligations.

The company “suspended” its examination of fixed wireless tiers beyond 100Mbps a month ago while it tries to fix congestion problems in parts of the wireless network.

https://www.itnews.com.au/news/nbn-co-kills-100mbps-on-fixed-wireless-491662

The idiots connected the towers they put up back to the internet via microwave. Should have connected them via fibre! child of six knows that. So no wonder they are not “investigating” getting the towers to 100mbps  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin They won’t be able to reduce congestion either.

The Libs have made a pigs breakfast of what would have been vital national infrastructure. I want them penalised, squashed for deliberately wasting tens of billions of dollars of public money! Bastards!

THE KIDS HATE THEM: you can't get worse than that when you're in the nursing home!

Roll Eyes

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #15 - May 26th, 2018 at 4:44pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Apr 29th, 2018 at 10:15pm:
45 download, 14 upload.

I pay about $130 per month (at most) on home, phone and internet. The internet speeds I have are quite good. When I upgraded the RAM on my computer in March, the internet experience was excellent. Parting with $80 a month on my internet is quite okay by me. However, I hope I get a better deal in the future for my money.

Yay, economics is about a price point: so what is next in this interesting saga I wonder?

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #16 - May 26th, 2018 at 4:48pm

tickleandrose wrote on Apr 30th, 2018 at 1:43pm:
Non NBN, telstra cable - 100 mbits/s down, only 1.5 up.  And peak time 89 mbits down - live on a street 1/2 full of retirees.   Smiley  I am holding on to the cable as long as I can.

The upload is the business application: of course download helps but what hinders is the upload for commercial proclivity!

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #17 - May 26th, 2018 at 5:01pm

TheFunPolice wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 4:44pm:
45 download, 14 upload.

Yay, economics is about a price point: so what is next in this interesting saga I wonder?

My point is that I would rather pay $80 a month on high speed NBN rather than 128kbps dialup at $30/month. People complain too much about something that was not available 10 years ago at decent prices.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #18 - May 26th, 2018 at 5:07pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 5:01pm:
45 download, 14 upload.

My point is that I would rather pay $80 a month on high speed NBN rather than 128kbps dialup at $30/month. People complain too much about something that was not available 10 years ago at decent prices.

Yeh, like whatevs bro  Grin

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #19 - May 26th, 2018 at 5:11pm

45 download, 14 upload.

Yeah well the world has moved on man!

Model T Fords

Electric Fridges

Flat Screen TVs

Dishwashers

Push Lawn Mowers

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #20 - May 26th, 2018 at 5:15pm

Redmond Neck wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 5:11pm:
45 download, 14 upload.

Model T Fords

Electric Fridges

Flat Screen TVs

Dishwashers

Push Lawn Mowers

--->....fossil fuels to trek around Europe like it's an old people nightclub: LET'S ALL AVOID THE BAD PART OF TURKEY etc....  Roll Eyes Hey, let's all go look for our collective ego in friggin' Italy and france etc....  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Yeh, the world turns basically!

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - May 26th, 2018 at 6:27pm

Well I have been supposedly connected to the NBN since the 24th April ...... the Telstra Internet speed tests say I'm getting 46 down & 17 up .....

yet for the past fortnight I have been getting calls from Telstra NBN people saying my order for transition fully to the NBN hasn't progressed & they need more information from me ....

I was suspicious because the calls were all around 6 pm to 7.30 pm .... most from the same bloke.

I told him that I had a connection date(24th April) & that appeared to have gone ahead & told him my so called speed tests results.

I got transferred to some Tech people & had to go through the same questions ... in the end I was getting cranky & asked when would the order transaction be finalised .... as it still shows I have ADSL on my Telstra account.

At the end of the conversation they said it was all sorted.

All foreigners who were hard to understand & had trouble understanding me.

Since that time I have had 3 more calls(4 in total plus more I received & wouldn't answer because I didn't recognise the number) from the same bloke Miguel ... who started each conversation with the same questions regarding the same issue of my order/transition to NBN not proceeding until they had some more information from me.

By this time I'd had enough & asked what the hell was going on as this was supposed to be sorted & that I'd been through the same rigamarole at least 3 times already .... he hung up.

So I became more suspicious. Got a call next day from a different bloke ... harder to understand ... same story.

Went through the whole exercise again & they say it will be progressed.

FFARGSAKE these incompetent bastards are doing my head in & I don't know whether I have fully transitioned to the NBN or not .... 4 weeks down the track.

And tonight my computer is running as slow as ... yet the speeds tests say I'm flying at 46 Dwn & 17 up.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #22 - May 26th, 2018 at 7:48pm

Tonight I have 18-11

But to be fair, my wife is on her computer, I'm on my tablet and Netflix is going.

Sa la ve

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #23 - May 26th, 2018 at 8:23pm

Valkie wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 7:48pm:
Tonight I have 18-11

But to be fair, my wife is on her computer, I'm on my tablet and Netflix is going.

Sa la ve

c'est la vie?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #24 - May 26th, 2018 at 8:29pm

Gnads wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 6:27pm:
Well I have been supposedly connected to the NBN since the 24th April ...... the Telstra Internet speed tests say I'm getting 46 down & 17 up .....

yet for the past fortnight I have been getting calls from Telstra NBN people saying my order for transition fully to the NBN hasn't progressed & they need more information from me ....

I was suspicious because the calls were all around 6 pm to 7.30 pm .... most from the same bloke.

I told him that I had a connection date(24th April) & that appeared to have gone ahead & told him my so called speed tests results.

I got transferred to some Tech people & had to go through the same questions ... in the end I was getting cranky & asked when would the order transaction be finalised .... as it still shows I have ADSL on my Telstra account.

Since that time I have had 3 more calls(4 in total plus more I received & wouldn't answer because I didn't recognise the number) from the same bloke Miguel ... who started each conversation with the same questions regarding the same issue of my order/transition to NBN not proceeding until they had some more information from me.

By this time I'd had enough & asked what the hell was going on as this was supposed to be sorted & that I'd been through the same rigamarole at least 3 times already .... he hung up.

So I became more suspicious. Got a call next day from a different bloke ... harder to understand ... same story.

FFARGSAKE these incompetent bastards are doing my head in & I don't know whether I have fully transitioned to the NBN or not .... 4 weeks down the track.

And tonight my computer is running as slow as ... yet the speeds tests say I'm flying at 46 Dwn & 17 up.  Roll Eyes

Physically.....go to your nearest Telstra 'business' Office.  There will be one.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #25 - May 26th, 2018 at 8:36pm

If your adsl bill is less than what you would pay for NBN, ignore them and enjoy the speed. I doubt the speed tests are lying to you. Their stuff up.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #26 - May 26th, 2018 at 9:15pm

Setanta wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 8:23pm:
Tonight I have 18-11

Sa la ve

c'est la vie?

So, that's how it's spelt

Thanks

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #27 - May 26th, 2018 at 9:20pm

Tonight I have 18-11

Sa la ve

c'est la vie?

merde happens

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #28 - May 26th, 2018 at 9:22pm

No....it is say lah vee.  Setanta is pulling your chain.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #29 - May 26th, 2018 at 9:34pm

Gordon wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 9:20pm:
Tonight I have 18-11

Sa la ve

c'est la vie?

merde happens

Murder? Grin

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #30 - May 26th, 2018 at 9:37pm

Setanta wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 9:34pm:
Tonight I have 18-11

Sa la ve

c'est la vie?

merde happens

Murder? Grin

My connection has been so bloody slow recently,  I'm feeling murderous.

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #31 - May 26th, 2018 at 9:46pm

Gordon wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 9:37pm:
Tonight I have 18-11

Sa la ve

c'est la vie?

merde happens

Murder? Grin

Sore wa manka desu, eh?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #32 - May 26th, 2018 at 9:53pm

Setanta wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 9:46pm:
Tonight I have 18-11

Sa la ve

c'est la vie?

merde happens

Murder? Grin

Sore wa manka desu, eh?

Nip?

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #33 - May 26th, 2018 at 9:57pm

Gordon wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 9:53pm:
Tonight I have 18-11

Sa la ve

c'est la vie?

merde happens

Murder? Grin

Sore wa manka desu, eh?

Nip?

Yeah, but I'm bad at it. I was told by a visiting Nip my bad Japanese was cute. I probably should have used ka not eh?

Sore wa manka desu ka? Something like It's a c\/nt, eh? Manka is Nip slang so you probably won't find it in their dictionary.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #34 - May 26th, 2018 at 10:00pm

Setanta wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 9:57pm:
Tonight I have 18-11

Sa la ve

c'est la vie?

merde happens

Murder? Grin

Sore wa manka desu, eh?

Nip?

Yeah, but I'm bad at it. I was told by a visiting Nip my bad Japanese was cute. I probably should have used ka not eh?

Sore wa manka desu ka? Something like It's a c\/nt, eh? Manka is Nip slang so you probably won't find it in their dictionary.

I was told my accent in Vietnamese is like a cute sounding 8 year old boy with a slight childhood lisp.

It made women wet. I'm sorry to say I abused my powers.

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #35 - May 26th, 2018 at 10:04pm

Gordon wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 10:00pm:
Tonight I have 18-11

Sa la ve

c'est la vie?

merde happens

Murder? Grin

Sore wa manka desu, eh?

Nip?

I was told my accent in Vietnamese is like a cute sounding 8 year old boy with a slight childhood lisp.

Are they into that?  Grin

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #36 - May 26th, 2018 at 10:09pm

Setanta wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 10:04pm:
Tonight I have 18-11

Sa la ve

c'est la vie?

merde happens

Murder? Grin

Sore wa manka desu, eh?

Nip?

I think it was more the foreign accent thing.  The unconscious desire to breed with genetic diversity.

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #37 - May 26th, 2018 at 10:10pm

Gordon wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 10:09pm:
Tonight I have 18-11

Sa la ve

c'est la vie?

merde happens

Murder? Grin

Sore wa manka desu, eh?

Nip?

I think it was more the foreign accent thing.  The unconscious desire to breed with genetic diversity.

One should always consider sharing their DNA in the interests of genetic diversity.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #38 - May 26th, 2018 at 10:13pm

Tonight I have 18-11

Sa la ve

c'est la vie?

merde happens

Murder? Grin

Sore wa manka desu, eh?

Nip?

Well...that blows one of Monk's theories!

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #39 - May 26th, 2018 at 10:14pm

Aussie wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 10:13pm:
Tonight I have 18-11

Sa la ve

c'est la vie?

merde happens

Murder? Grin

Sore wa manka desu, eh?

Nip?

What theory is that?

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #40 - May 26th, 2018 at 10:14pm

Setanta wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 10:10pm:
Gordon wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 10:09pm:
Tonight I have 18-11

Sa la ve

c'est la vie?

merde happens

Murder? Grin

Sore wa manka desu, eh?

Nip?

One should always consider sharing their DNA in the interests of genetic diversity.

#metoo

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #41 - May 26th, 2018 at 10:16pm

Gordon wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 10:14pm:
Setanta wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 10:10pm:

#metoo

Grin

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #42 - May 26th, 2018 at 10:20pm

So what's the Monk thing, Gordy?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #43 - May 26th, 2018 at 10:33pm

Setanta wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 10:14pm:
Tonight I have 18-11

Sa la ve

c'est la vie?

merde happens

Murder? Grin

Sore wa manka desu, eh?

Nip?

What theory is that?

Something to do with 48 months.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #44 - May 26th, 2018 at 10:37pm

Aussie wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 10:33pm:
Setanta wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 10:14pm:
Tonight I have 18-11

Sa la ve

c'est la vie?

merde happens

Murder? Grin

Sore wa manka desu, eh?

Nip?

What theory is that?

Something to do with 48 months.

Life's a bitch, then she cuts your throat.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #45 - May 26th, 2018 at 10:40pm

Quote:
Life's a bitch, then she
cut's
your throat.

Correct. 
Woeful.

Grin

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #46 - May 26th, 2018 at 10:47pm

Aussie wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 10:40pm:
Quote:
Life's a bitch, then she
cut's
your throat.

Correct. 
Woeful.

Grin

You jumped on it too quickly. I edited it when I read it. "Life's" is correct. Life is.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #47 - May 26th, 2018 at 11:18pm

Setanta wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 10:47pm:
Quote:
Life's a bitch, then she
cut's
your throat.

Correct. 
Woeful.

Grin

You jumped on it too quickly. I edited it when I read it. "Life's" is correct. Life is.

I agree.  Life's is correct.  Cut's is not.....pedant.

Grin

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #48 - May 26th, 2018 at 11:26pm

Aussie wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 11:18pm:
Setanta wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 10:47pm:
Quote:
Life's a bitch, then she
cut's
your throat.

Correct. 
Woeful.

Grin

I agree.  Life's is correct.  Cut's is not.....pedant.

Grin

What's your point? I corrected my mistake as soon as I read my post. Is there something you are trying to say, like "I'm a dick"?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #49 - May 26th, 2018 at 11:33pm

No.  But your punctuation/grammar suck's just like it cut's.

Wink

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #50 - May 26th, 2018 at 11:39pm

Aussie wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 11:33pm:

Wink

You cut's me to the bone. Grin

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #51 - May 26th, 2018 at 11:49pm

Setanta wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 11:39pm:

Wink

Are you going to let him get away with saying your grandma sucks?

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #52 - May 26th, 2018 at 11:51pm

Gordon wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 11:49pm:

Wink

There both ded.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #53 - May 26th, 2018 at 11:53pm

Setanta wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 11:51pm:

Wink

There both ded.

You still need to defend them posthumously.

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #54 - May 27th, 2018 at 12:00am

Gordon wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 11:53pm:
Setanta wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 11:51pm:

Wink

There both ded.

You still need to defend them posthumously.

As a man I hope they sucked and I defend their dedication to their men.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #55 - May 27th, 2018 at 11:44am

Model T Fords

Electric Fridges

Flat Screen TVs

Dishwashers

Push Lawn Mowers

And I paid $30 for a Gig of download for 128kbps dialup without complaint. I hate repeating myself. Meanwhile, people can't accept 15Mbps download speed for cheap rates without going on about how slow is the internet.

I am grateful for a faster internet speed compared to even 5 years ago. But if I could save half the amount I pay for the internet for half the speed I have now, I would accept that deal.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - May 27th, 2018 at 12:57pm

Aussie wrote on May 26th, 2018 at 8:29pm:

Physically.....go to your nearest Telstra 'business' Office.  There will be one.

That's on the agenda tomorrow .... but they really are only a sales franchise team .. .they work for the franchisee not Telstra.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - May 27th, 2018 at 1:02pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 27th, 2018 at 11:44am:

Model T Fords

Electric Fridges

Flat Screen TVs

Dishwashers

Push Lawn Mowers

And I paid $30 for a Gig of download for 128kbps dialup without complaint. I hate repeating myself. Meanwhile, people can't accept 15Mbps download speed for cheap rates without going on about how slow is the internet.

I am grateful for a faster internet speed compared to even 5 years ago. But if I could save half the amount I pay for the internet for half the speed I have now, I would accept that deal.

Why should anyone expect less than what they are paying for?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #58 - May 27th, 2018 at 2:04pm

Quote:
That's on the agenda tomorrow .... but they really are only a sales franchise team .. .they work for the franchisee not Telstra.

There'll be no joy there I reckon.  There will be a local (enough) genuine Telstra business centre somewhere in your area.  They should at least be able to tell you where that is.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #59 - May 27th, 2018 at 2:12pm

Gnads wrote on May 27th, 2018 at 1:02pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 27th, 2018 at 11:44am:

Model T Fords

Electric Fridges

Flat Screen TVs

Dishwashers

Push Lawn Mowers

Why should anyone expect less than what they are paying for?

Yes - if you buy a litre of Milk you expect a litre not
half a litre or 1/4 of a litre.
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2018 at 3:47pm by Bobby. »  

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #60 - May 27th, 2018 at 3:21pm

Reminds me of the mindset of people who buy sports cars to drive around town. Wanting to spend more for overkill.

Are you using your nbn to download ultra high definition movies that you want to stream on a connected television?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #61 - May 27th, 2018 at 3:48pm

If you buy a litre of Milk you expect a litre not

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #62 - May 28th, 2018 at 9:09am

Bobby. wrote on May 27th, 2018 at 3:48pm:
If you buy a litre of Milk you expect a litre not

If you are paying for a litre of milk, are you walking to the counter with half a litre of milk? When I go and pay for my purchases, if I don't get what I want, I don't pay.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - May 28th, 2018 at 9:18am

UnSubRocky wrote on May 27th, 2018 at 3:21pm:
Reminds me of the mindset of people who buy sports cars to drive around town. Wanting to spend more for overkill.

Are you using your nbn to download ultra high definition movies that you want to stream on a connected television?

Yes that's how Foxtel PayTV boxes work ... WiFi to your internet modem. It's all HD.

And the minimum speed you can do that at is 7 mbps. I wasn't even getting that with my ADSL at times & not long ago it took 5hrs to download a movie(paid for).

Now I get 46 mbps down & 17 mbps up.

And I expect to get what I'm paying for.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print