Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
NRA Challenges New Florida Gun Law (Read 573 times)
Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

NRA Challenges New Florida Gun Law
Apr 24th, 2018 at 8:57am

NRA
Files Suit Challenging Florida Gun Control Law

Source:      
NRA-ILA
     Quote:
FAIRFAX, Va. – The National Rifle Association today announced that it has filed a lawsuit challenging the State of Florida’s newly-enacted ban on the purchase of firearms by young adults between the ages of 18-21.

Florida’s ban is an affront to the Second Amendment, as it totally eviscerates the right of law-abiding adults between the ages of 18 and 21 to keep and bear arms. The ban is particularly offensive with respect to young women, as women between the ages of 18 and 21 are much less likely to engage in violent crime than older members of the general population who are unaffected by the ban. Despite this fact, the State of Florida has enacted a sweeping law banning all young adults between the ages of 18 and 21 from purchasing any firearm from any source. Chris Cox, the Executive Director of the NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action, stated, “Swift action is needed to prevent young adults in Florida from being treated as second-class citizens when it comes to the right to keep and bear arms.

We are confident that the courts will vindicate our view that Florida’s ban is a blatant violation of the Second Amendment.” The case is National Rifle Association of America, Inc. v. Bondi, and it has been filed in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida.

The NRA will take this all the way up to the Supreme Court of the United States if necessary.

If a young man, or young woman, between the ages of 18 & 21 wishes to keep & bear firearms through purchasing a firearm, they have a Constitutional Right to do so.

At the age of 18 they can volunteer to join any Division of the Armed Services they wish, to defend, fight for, & maybe die for, their Country. If they so choose to do so their sacred oath would be as follows:

Quote:
I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Supporting & defending the US Constitution is first & foremost.......& that includes the SECOND AMENDMENT!!!

They also have the right to vote in any election across the United States of America.

So surely, if this is true, so then they must be considered to be adults in America.....& as adults they have the Constitutional Right to Keep & Bear Arms.

Disallowing these ADULTS the Right to purchase a firearm must then be considered an infringement upon their Second Amendment Constitutional Rights.

This knee-jerk attempt by the Anti-Second Amendment Extreme Left to strip these Americans of their Second Amendment Rights must not be permitted to stand!

God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA

« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2018 at 10:28am by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Re: NRA Challenges New Florida Gun Law
Reply #1 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:11am

Wow, you really like to masturbate when it comes to America, don't you, troll?

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:17am

Panther wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 8:57am:

NRA
Files Suit Challenging Florida Gun Control Law

Source:      
NRA-ILA
     Quote:
FAIRFAX, Va. – The National Rifle Association today announced that it has filed a lawsuit challenging the State of Florida’s newly-enacted ban on the purchase of firearms by young adults between the ages of 18-21.

Florida’s ban is an affront to the Second Amendment, as it totally eviscerates the right of law-abiding adults between the ages of 18 and 21 to keep and bear arms. The ban is particularly offensive with respect to young women, as women between the ages of 18 and 21 are much less likely to engage in violent crime than older members of the general population who are unaffected by the ban. Despite this fact, the State of Florida has enacted a sweeping law banning all young adults between the ages of 18 and 21 from purchasing any firearm from any source. Chris Cox, the Executive Director of the NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action, stated, “Swift action is needed to prevent young adults in Florida from being treated as second-class citizens when it comes to the right to keep and bear arms.

We are confident that the courts will vindicate our view that Florida’s ban is a blatant violation of the Second Amendment.” The case is National Rifle Association of America, Inc. v. Bondi, and it has been filed in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida.

The NRA will take this all the way up to the Supreme Court of the United States if necessary.

If a young man, or young woman, between the ages of 18 & 21 wishes to keep & bear firearms through purchasing a firearm, they have a Constitutional Right to do so.

At the age of 18 they can volunteer to join any Division of the Armed Services they wish, to defend, fight & maybe die for their Country.

They also have the right to vote in any election across the United States of America.

At 18 years of age any young man or woman can legally run for office in the US House of Representatives &/or the Senate of the United States.

So surely, if this is true, so then they must be considered to be adults in America.....& as adults they have the Constitutional Right to Keep & Bear Arms.

Disallowing these ADULTS the Right to purchase a firearm must then be considered an infringement upon their Second Amendment Constitutional Rights.

This knee-jerk attempt by the Anti-Second Amendment Extreme Left to strip these Americans of their Second Amendment Rights must not be permitted to stand!
http://33sm.net16.net/smileys/guns4.gif

God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA

https://imgur.com/AH6LzAN.gif   

SO you like 18 yr olds having guns? I guess they can't drink but they can shoot people.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #3 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:21am

At 18 years of age any young man or woman can legally run for office in the US House of Representatives &/or the Senate of the United States.

You're wrong there, dipshit. Minimum age is 25 If you are going to continue to troll with the mindless crap you rewrite from cut and pasting from alt-right sites, at least choose ones that have done their homework because you obviously haven't Grin

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #4 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:24am

Marla wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:21am:

You're wrong there, dipshit. Minimum age is 25 If you are going to continue to troll with the mindless crap you rewrite from cut and pasting from alt-right sites, at least choose ones that have done their homework because you obviously haven't Grin

Whilst I agree that Pantehrs a dipshit, it seems the min age is 30 for the Senate thanks to Article 1 Section 3 of the constitution, but yo uare correct on it being 25 for House of Reps.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #5 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:39am

Did you see how the troll Pantyher edited his post there?

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #6 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:45am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:24am:
Marla wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:21am:

Whilst I agree that Pantehrs a dipshit, it seems the min age is 30 for the Senate thanks to Article 1 Section 3 of the constitution, but yo uare correct on it being 25 for House of Reps.

When I'm wrong, I will admit to it........

In my haste, I took only the googled snippet of wikipedia as verbatim, when in truth, it was not the US Law they were citing at all.....

I APOLOGIZE for that mistake of mine,
& I have made adjustment to my OP to recognize this.

As for the rest of my OP I stand by it 100%, furthermore, Bojack if a person is old enough bear arms for the defense of his or her Country, even to die for his or her Country, he or she is old enough to Keep & Bear Arms!

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:17am:
SO you like 18 yr olds having guns? I guess they can't drink but they can shoot people.

As far as the drinking age in America......last I looked, unlike the Right to Keep & Bear Arms, there is no Right to Drink Alcohol in the US Constitution, just the Right to make it & transport it......so your point is moot. Wink 

« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2018 at 10:30am by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #7 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:47am

Panther wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 9:45am:
When I'm wrong, I will admit to it.

Which is what, 99.9% of the time? Googled? My FAT American ass, you continue to pull your horseshit from alt-right sites like the repetitive, tedious little troll you truly are.

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 10:47am

nice work Panther...

the Liberals are like hitler... he also took their rights and firearms away as well...

then he threw millions of them in gas chambers...

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #9 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 10:50am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 10:47am:
the Liberals Trumptards are like hitler... he also took their rights and firearms away as well...

then he threw millions of them in gas chambers...

Also, who knew the Jews had ALL the guns.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 10:52am

Guns were never a problem in the passed in AMERICA..

what happened??

reality-check.jpg (154 KB | 14 )
reality-check.jpg

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #11 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 10:54am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 10:52am:
Guns were never a problem in the passed in AMERICA..

what happened??

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 10:57am

i wonder who's done 90% pf the shootings...  Undecided

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 11:10am

Every mass shooting has a Democrat pulling the trigger, followed by Democrats calling for more gun control.

If Liberals would stop shooting people, gun violence would practically cease in America.

Good guys w/ guns is the only way to stop these deranged liberal shooters.

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #14 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 11:58am

Columbine shooters were "liberal"? Virginia Tech? Site better sources, troll.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print