Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Kelly O'Dwyer won't concede Government was wrong (Read 1808 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Kelly O'Dwyer won't concede Government was wrong
Reply #30 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 10:25am

Setanta wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:37pm:
Auggie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:32pm:
Setanta wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:30pm:
Auggie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:12pm:
Setanta wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:10pm:
Auggie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:07pm:
Setanta wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:05pm:
Auggie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 9:45pm:
Setanta wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 9:43pm:
Yeah, I would but it would depend. Voting for a billionaire that accepted no pay would be like voting for Crassus. I would vote for me and I'd take the equivalent of the aged pension plus expenses.

What if they were just an ordinary Joe Bloggs, then what?

Yes, aged pension or average wage and expenses. No Crassus.

Would you be willing to elect for a longer term because of their personal sacrifice?? Say, 10 years?

No, unless there was a clear and easy way to out them. 5 years maybe but that is too long without a way to rid ourselves of those that may get in and be bought.

So, do you understand then why politicians aren't that keen to be 'selfless' when the voter won't reward them for being puritanical?

Because they a hogs. I'd happily serve on a low income and costs. I would not demand to be kept there. In fact if the people decided I should be gone, I'd be happy with that. I have no problem contributing to the country that has given me a pretty good life and i don't care that it has given some a more well off life than mine. Hell they would not even have to pay me a pollies pension with all it's benefits.

Mmm, I don't believe you're that selfless.

I'll tell you what?

You give up your position as Moderator, and then I'll believe you.

Talk to FD, I've already given it up but it was not accepted. I think I might be getting some support in this which would suit me. I'd be more than happy not to moderate. If you go back and look at posts when we were appointed it might enlighten. I can honestly say I hate this job.

FD can only appoint you as a moderator - he can't actually make you physically moderate.

If you don't want to do it, don't do it.

Tell FD to hand it over to me if you like.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #31 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 10:47am

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 24th, 2018 at 10:25am:
Setanta wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:37pm:
Auggie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:32pm:
Setanta wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:30pm:
Auggie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:12pm:
Setanta wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:10pm:
Auggie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:07pm:
Setanta wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:05pm:
Auggie wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 9:45pm:
Setanta wrote on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 9:43pm:
Yeah, I would but it would depend. Voting for a billionaire that accepted no pay would be like voting for Crassus. I would vote for me and I'd take the equivalent of the aged pension plus expenses.

What if they were just an ordinary Joe Bloggs, then what?

Yes, aged pension or average wage and expenses. No Crassus.

Would you be willing to elect for a longer term because of their personal sacrifice?? Say, 10 years?

No, unless there was a clear and easy way to out them. 5 years maybe but that is too long without a way to rid ourselves of those that may get in and be bought.

So, do you understand then why politicians aren't that keen to be 'selfless' when the voter won't reward them for being puritanical?

Because they a hogs. I'd happily serve on a low income and costs. I would not demand to be kept there. In fact if the people decided I should be gone, I'd be happy with that. I have no problem contributing to the country that has given me a pretty good life and i don't care that it has given some a more well off life than mine. Hell they would not even have to pay me a pollies pension with all it's benefits.

Mmm, I don't believe you're that selfless.

I'll tell you what?

You give up your position as Moderator, and then I'll believe you.

Talk to FD, I've already given it up but it was not accepted. I think I might be getting some support in this which would suit me. I'd be more than happy not to moderate. If you go back and look at posts when we were appointed it might enlighten. I can honestly say I hate this job.

FD can only appoint you as a moderator - he can't actually make you physically moderate.

If you don't want to do it, don't do it.

Tell FD to hand it over to me if you like.

I'm happy for Greg to do it if sent doesn't want it

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #32 - Apr 24th, 2018 at 1:31pm

Good to see O'Dwyer won't back down and say 'sorry' - that last ditch might save the government.. you just never know.

It's more important to 'look strong and in charge' than it is to make the right decisions and MAN up and say when you stuffed up.

Jesus Christ - I used to call that 'Corporal Syndrome' - any fool can wear two stripes as long as they can sound as if they know what the hell they are talking about and always have a ready response, right or wrong, to any question or problem....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print