Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print
THE TROLL AND ITS MODUS OPERANDI (Read 8443 times)
Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
THE TROLL AND ITS MODUS OPERANDI
Apr 20th, 2018 at 8:44am

THE TROLL
What is a troll?
First to understand the troll, one must identify it and its motivation.

How do you identify a troll?
A troll is quite easily identified, it usually posts to a thread with one line insults and comments designed to illicit a response from a specific target or targets.
It tends to target one or two posters with the intent to enrage or generate responses to its insulting or annoying comments.
The  Troll digs for any information it can get from its target, often appealing to the better nature of its target, in the early stages, in order to build targeted comments and insults war chest.
The Troll, on the other hand, never gives any information about itself because it knows how it works and is terrified that someone will use anything about it against it.
A troll is not to be confused with a true fanatic who seeks to sway people over to their way of thinking or belief.
The troll has no care for any subject, its sole aim is to target a poster irrespective of the subject matter.

Motivation of a troll?
A troll is , in real life, Unremarkable, Unsuccessful and Unnoticed.
They have few if any friends, no abilities and excel in nothing.
At worst they are sociopaths who attempt to use their trolling to drive their targets to self-harm or worse.
Some trolls achieve sexual gratification from they activities, but most simply suffer a form of Asperger’s syndrome without the ability to comprehend the hurt they inflict, it is truly socially retarded.
Being as it has no real life, it seeks to elevate itself above its pathetic existence by building a superior (in its eyes) persona or personas with which to live vicariously the type of existence that it could never hope to live in the real world.
The consummate coward, it revels in the anonymity of the computer and feels it can insult, and hound any who it targets, safe in the belief that it will never be caught.
This anonymity and ability to insult without fear is totally different from its real life where it is continually afraid to speak out, often going home to imagine witty comebacks it should have, but was too afraid to say when confronted in person.
The troll is to be pitied, it is a social misfit, a cast off from human society, failure in life and seeks only to be noticed.
A troll never has anything positive to say and rarely even mentions the original post topic.

What can be done about trolls?
It is insidious, careful, and learns the forum rules so as to retain membership by dancing the thin line. Often playing the abused when it is confronted, it calls for the poster it has pursued to be banned when the poster responds in like.
Trolls also construct several persona, utilizing the additional persona to support itself and above all maintain a presence should one or more be banned.
But troll hunting is easy.
It hates being ignored, Difficult as it is, this is the only cure.
Once it realises that it is being treated as it is in real life, it withers and dies.
The Troll is a sad misfit, its life is a failure, let its trolling also be a failure.
Perhaps one day trolls will cease to exist.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Re: THE TROLL AND ITS MODUS OPERANDI
Reply #1 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 9:32am

If anything trolls are becoming more plentiful in this internet and social media age

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 9:44am

I admit. I get sucked in by Trolls considerably. It shows and has shown in the past. Each time, I have to leave to compose myself, relax and just plain tear away from their insidious ...trolling.
Why do I get sucked in?
Because I put up a fight in defence. But before long, I find myself turning into one of them and such 'toxic' behaviour starts affecting me 'real world' and I have to leave.
It is 'toxic' behaviour by these Trolls.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 11:22am

hey Valkie. do trolls make up elaborate fabricated stories about fighting off multiple attackers and rescuing people in order to prove how tough they are?
Ironically, 2 of the biggest bulldust artists on this board complaining about trolls.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #4 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 11:35am

rhino wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 11:22am:
hey Valkie. do trolls make up elaborate fabricated stories about fighting off multiple attackers and rescuing people in order to prove how tough they are?
Ironically, 2 of the biggest bulldust artists on this board complaining about trolls.

Which 2?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 11:37am

Yes - which two(2)?
Do tell.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:04pm

I agree, Rhino.

Matty, do trolls make up multiple socks who all say the same stuff?

If I was a troll, I'd mix it up a bit, but that's just me.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #7 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:22pm

Nice ... nice....

Anyway - haven't seen the troll in question today since The Noble Lord Setanta quietly spoke in his ear earlier or yesterday late... wonder if he's bit the dust again (not the angel dust he absorbs in kilo bags)?  Not Setanta - El Trollo...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #8 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:45pm

A fine description of yourself, Sir!

The Progressive President

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #9 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:46pm

Valkie wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 8:44am:
THE TROLL
What is a troll?
First to understand the troll, one must identify it and its motivation.

How do you identify a troll?
A troll is quite easily identified, it usually posts to a thread with one line insults and comments designed to illicit a response from a specific target or targets.
It tends to target one or two posters with the intent to enrage or generate responses to its insulting or annoying comments.
The  Troll digs for any information it can get from its target, often appealing to the better nature of its target, in the early stages, in order to build targeted comments and insults war chest.
The Troll, on the other hand, never gives any information about itself because it knows how it works and is terrified that someone will use anything about it against it.
A troll is not to be confused with a true fanatic who seeks to sway people over to their way of thinking or belief.
The troll has no care for any subject, its sole aim is to target a poster irrespective of the subject matter.

Motivation of a troll?
A troll is , in real life, Unremarkable, Unsuccessful and Unnoticed.
They have few if any friends, no abilities and excel in nothing.
At worst they are sociopaths who attempt to use their trolling to drive their targets to self-harm or worse.
Some trolls achieve sexual gratification from they activities, but most simply suffer a form of Asperger’s syndrome without the ability to comprehend the hurt they inflict, it is truly socially retarded.
Being as it has no real life, it seeks to elevate itself above its pathetic existence by building a superior (in its eyes) persona or personas with which to live vicariously the type of existence that it could never hope to live in the real world.
The consummate coward, it revels in the anonymity of the computer and feels it can insult, and hound any who it targets, safe in the belief that it will never be caught.
This anonymity and ability to insult without fear is totally different from its real life where it is continually afraid to speak out, often going home to imagine witty comebacks it should have, but was too afraid to say when confronted in person.
The troll is to be pitied, it is a social misfit, a cast off from human society, failure in life and seeks only to be noticed.
A troll never has anything positive to say and rarely even mentions the original post topic.

What can be done about trolls?
It is insidious, careful, and learns the forum rules so as to retain membership by dancing the thin line. Often playing the abused when it is confronted, it calls for the poster it has pursued to be banned when the poster responds in like.
Trolls also construct several persona, utilizing the additional persona to support itself and above all maintain a presence should one or more be banned.
But troll hunting is easy.
It hates being ignored, Difficult as it is, this is the only cure.
Once it realises that it is being treated as it is in real life, it withers and dies.
The Troll is a sad misfit, its life is a failure, let its trolling also be a failure.
Perhaps one day trolls will cease to exist.

No source for this I suppose  Cheesy

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #10 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:47pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:04pm:

I agree, Rhino.

Marry doesn’t like ‘mixing’ or diversity, remember. He prefers white paint.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #11 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:47pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 9:32am:
If anything trolls are becoming more plentiful in this internet and social media age

Spot

Trolls are life! Look on the bright side: it's all yin yang!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #12 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:48pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 9:44am:
I admit. I get sucked in by Trolls considerably. It shows and has shown in the past. Each time, I have to leave to compose myself, relax and just plain tear away from their insidious ...trolling.
Why do I get sucked in?
Because I put up a fight in defence. But before long, I find myself turning into one of them and such 'toxic' behaviour starts affecting me 'real world' and I have to leave.
It is 'toxic' behaviour by these Trolls.

What country are you from again?
  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #13 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:48pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 11:37am:

Yes - which two(2)?
Do tell.

You for one, unless you tell us which country you're from of course!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #14 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:50pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:04pm:

I agree, Rhino.

That's no fun: you must be the fun police Grin

Repetition baby,... I believe it's also known as percussive mining  Grin

**** MONEY MONEY MONEY IS SO FUNNY

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9
Send Topic Print