Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Muslim Australian woman denied entry to USA (Read 1167 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Muslim Australian woman denied entry to USA
Apr 19th, 2018 at 10:07pm

Molly Hill reveals how dream trip to Hawaii turned into a nightmare

MELBOURNE woman Molly Hill had planned a romantic Hawaiian holiday with her boyfriend, but ended up in jail because of what she wrote in her diary.

The 26-year-old had met her American boyfriend on a previous trip to Hawaii to attend a friend’s wedding. They had planned to spend an extended period of time together.

She had a tourist visa for 88 days and her return flight home was booked and paid.

Share on FacebookShare via SMSShare on WhatsAppShare via Email

Travel
Travel Updates
Molly Hill reveals how dream trip to Hawaii turned into a nightmare
MAY 19, 20177:38am

Molly Hill was jailed in the US after authorities believed she was trying to illegally immigrate. Picture: FacebookSource:Facebook
Olivia Lambertnews.com.au
MELBOURNE woman Molly Hill had planned a romantic Hawaiian holiday with her boyfriend, but ended up in jail because of what she wrote in her diary.

The 26-year-old had met her American boyfriend on a previous trip to Hawaii to attend a friend’s wedding. They had planned to spend an extended period of time together.

She had a tourist visa for 88 days and her return flight home was booked and paid.

She even quit her job so she could spend a relaxing three months with her American boyfriend.

But on Monday when she arrived in Honolulu, her dream trip turned into a nightmare as she stepped off the plane.

“(I) expected to pass through customs without too much hassle as I was going on a tourist visa for 88 days, the max is 90, with my return ticket paid for,” Ms Hill wrote on Facebook.

“I was taken into an interview room and had every inch of my luggage searched.

“They understood that I have an American boyfriend and I spent about six hours in and out of the interrogation rooms.

“In the end they were convinced I wanted to immigrate illegally because my diary had notes like ‘going away drinks’ and ‘last day at work’, things I got in order before expecting to be away for three months

Ms Hill was not sent back to Australia immediately because there were no more flights and was forced to spend the night in a detention centre.

“A few more hours later, myself and a Japanese woman were handcuffed and transported to the detention centre, which was a federal prison,” Ms Hill said.

“It was such a shock. It was something — it was like something out of a movie. Yeah. The handcuffs were taken off.

“I was frisked, made to undress in front of an officer and show that there was nothing in my hair or mouth, and asked to ‘squat and cough’ which was absolutely mortifying.

“Then I was provided a prison uniform and to add insult the officer gave me a size S bra and size L everything else.”

Ms Hill had to give authorities a list of her tattoos and was asked if any of them were gang related. Officers then handed her a blanket and a brown paper bag with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich inside, and hustled her into the women’s prison.

To add insult to injury, Ms Hill had plans to celebrate her birthday the next day

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/molly-hill-reveals-how-dr...

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Muslim Australian woman denied entry to USA
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 10:08pm

Tinted

IBI

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 10:11pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 10:08pm:
Tinted

Setanta did say it. I don't know why he's so touchy about it.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 10:18pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 10:11pm:
Tinted

She also look muslim.

IBI

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 10:23pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 10:18pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 10:11pm:
Tinted

She also look muslim.

Muslim? What's that got to do with anything?

The only reason you hate Muslims is they're tinted.

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 10:27pm

look at her, black as the ace of spades

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 12:46am

miketrees wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 10:27pm:
look at her, black as the ace of spades

What filth. She disgusts me. Check out her arse.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:29am

What isn't surprising is that officials searched her journal/diary. Did they search her phone as well? If I were traveling to the USA for a holiday (and thought there was ANY chance of a problem at Immigration) I'd bring a fresh, clean phone in with me, with zero social media apps, no record of any phone calls, and certainly no text messages. I'd have it in airplane mode as well.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:43am

AiA wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:29am:
What isn't surprising is that officials searched her journal/diary. Did they search her phone as well? If I were traveling to the USA for a holiday (and thought there was ANY chance of a problem at Immigration) I'd bring a fresh, clean phone in with me, with zero social media apps, no record of any phone calls, and certainly no text messages. I'd have it in airplane mode as well.

She was planning on talking at two literary panel discussions, A. She was hardly conspiring to bring down Trump Tower.

No one would apply for a work visa for that, and the question of pay is, well, questionable.

Yassmin Abdel-Magied isn't speaking out about this because she doesn't want to sabotage her chance of visiting the US in future.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 4:05am

She may well have intended to get married. Why would she tell the truth about that and suffer the humiliation of being caught breaking immigration law? It is much easier to blame Trump ...

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #10 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 6:28am

This sounds ridiculous but as usual i expect the media has left out some pertinent details. On the other hand perhaps american immigration hires ex darlinghurst cops.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #11 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 6:47am

In the movie, "Big Stan", actor Rob Schneider knows he is going to be sent to prison, very concerned about being raped, he goes to a tattoo artist and asks, "can you tattoo something around my anus to make it look less attractive?"
Funny, funny film.

When she is mortified at being strip searched, I reckon the guards will agree it is not their favourite job either. I have this down as more crap I care not a ferk aboot.
Wacist,wacist,wacist, seems to think she is that other silly twat.
Is it possible to descend below idiot level?

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 6:56am

mozzaok wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 6:47am:
In the movie, "Big Stan", actor Rob Schneider knows he is going to be sent to prison, very concerned about being raped, he goes to a tattoo artist and asks, "can you tattoo something around my anus to make it look less attractive?"
Funny, funny film.

Never considered what the opposite of anal bleaching might be ...

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #13 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 8:22am

Wow - living the dream - Molly Hill converts to Islam, met the Dream Yank, holidays for three months, can afford to quit job to holiday.... man - what a life....

This is a very oddball story if you ask me... where's Islam in all this?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #14 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 8:26am

AiA wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:29am:

When I travel I don't want a phone - I travel to leave all that stuff at home.

Tattoos, quits job for holiday for three months - there's more to this than meets the eye.... what's the boyfriend's history?  Hardly a mention.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print