Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Send Topic Print
Yassmin Abdel-Magied Slags on ANZACs again (Read 6919 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Yassmin Abdel-Magied Slags on ANZACs again
Reply #90 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:46pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 12:58pm:
Gordon wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 12:07pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 12:53am:
Setanta wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 10:30pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 10:20pm:
Setanta wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 10:12pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 10:09pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 10:03pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 10:00pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 9:57pm:
Quote:
She did, however, Tweet about her newfound understanding of other rejected people's plights.

Yeah. She really knows what it's like to be downtrodden.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C40fkYwUkAEi-Cb.jpg

I told you. The only thing you've read about Yassmin Abdel-Magied is the headlines and the old boy"s News Ltd cartoons.

You left out the bit where I only criticise Yassmin because I am racist. Stick to the talking points Karnal.

I put that in another post, FD. This post was about how your only source of news on this issue is News Ltd cartoons.

I doubt you read Bolt or Divine's columns on Yassmin, but you would have browsed the headlines.

Do you not like Divine because she's not tinted? Do I think she's a idiot because she is not tinted?

No, you don't like Yassmin because she wears her tintedness on her sleeve. This is your main grievance with her - she utters lightweight, feel-good liberal platitudes that you perceive as a silly attack on a) the West and b) Machismo.

That, and you don't like Islam, so you've joined the crowd in not liking Muslims.

I actually know very little about Miranda Divine, so I can't really comment, dear.

Do not others wear their lack of tintedness on their sleeve? If the tinted can, why can't the others?

I don't like Islam at all, not even a little bit. I do hold people separate from their beliefs. You can choose to accept that or not and they are not even all tinted!

Muslims are all tinted, Setanta. They have always been tinted. Their very purpose is to be tinted. Always, absolutely, never ever - on stilts.

Haven't you read FD and the old boy's posts? Well, FD got it from the old boy, and more recently, Herbie.

At least Herbie admits he's a jolly old Nazi from Stormfront. The old boy pretends he's Voltairean, can you believe it? I might not agree with what you have to say...

FD usually just goes along with them. So have you of late, Setanta. If you don't mind me asking, what changed your mind?

Perhaps your should examine your own role in this, Karnal.

You're totally unwilling to accept that any opposition or criticism of Yas in anything other than her being a tinted muslim woman. There are many good people who disagree with her and you're tarring them all as racist.

Well done. How many people that you tar as a racist say fuggit, in for a penny in for a pound? I've also noticed Set has become more direct in his criticism of Islam.

Once again you refute any critique of Islam which erodes any middle ground.

No no, I'm quite willing to discuss Yassmin's points. I've clarified some here in an attempt to do so. No one actually wants to discuss them. The criticism of Yassmin comes down to the fact that she's a Muslim - that's it. Ask Setanta, ask FD.

For you, yes, it's about tintedness. You spend your time here starting threads on Lebs, Boongs, Curries and Jiggaboos. Your motivation to "criticise" Yassmin is specifically about her race and religion, which for you, are interchangeable.

No worries, you can still address Yassmin's points, and I look forward to you doing so. To date, every time we've raised them, certain people run away.

Sure, I hate her solely because she's an ugly tinted bint, that goes without say, but when others here post perfectly acceptable opinions about what she says, if you happen disagree with their reasoning, you reach for the tinted comment. You're sucking the middle ground out of the debate.

Keep going tho, you're doing my work for me.

IBI

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #91 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:50pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:33pm:
Somebody should tell new migrants how good they have it at this time in Australia's history. Most people rented in the cities only 40/50 years ago because we were still recovering from WW2. The farmers were making a quid but most people were pretty poor. Most people weren't afforded a uni education. Especially women. Owning a car was very hard. Yassmin is uni educated, well off and afforded a life most aussies could only dream of 40 years ago. She obviously has no clue how good she has it .

Yes an education funded by the very people she despises.

Vile woman.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #92 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:53pm

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:50pm:
Somebody should tell new migrants how good they have it at this time in Australia's history. Most people rented in the cities only 40/50 years ago because we were still recovering from WW2. The farmers were making a quid but most people were pretty poor. Most people weren't afforded a uni education. Especially women. Owning a car was very hard. Yassmin is uni educated, well off and afforded a life most aussies could only dream of 40 years ago. She obviously has no clue how good she has it .

Vile woman.

When my father was alive he said they only  ate chicken at Christmas big. It was mostly snags , dripping etc. I wonder if Yassmin  knows that?

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #93 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:57pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:53pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:50pm:

Vile woman.

When my father was alive he said they only  ate chicken at Christmas big. It was mostly snags , dripping etc. I wonder if Yassmin  knows that?

Yassmin only thinks about yassmin and how to get other people to think about yassmin, nothing else.

Australia just needs to give her a swift kick in the snatch and tell her to fkk off, like any other annoying fkkktard.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:00pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:17pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:13pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:07pm:
[quote]She did, however, Tweet about her newfound understanding of other rejected people's plights.

I told you. The only thing you've read about Yassmin Abdel-Magied is the headlines and the old boy"s News Ltd cartoons.

You left out the bit where I only criticise Yassmin because I am racist. Stick to the talking points Karnal.

I put that in another post, FD. This post was about how your only source of news on this issue is News Ltd cartoons.

I doubt you read Bolt or Divine's columns on Yassmin, but you would have browsed the headlines.

Do you not like Divine because she's not tinted? Do I think she's a idiot because she is not tinted?

No, you don't like Yassmin because she wears her tintedness on her sleeve. This is your main grievance with her - she utters lightweight, feel-good liberal platitudes that you perceive as a silly attack on a) the West and b) Machismo.

That, and you don't like Islam, so you've joined the crowd in not liking Muslims.

I actually know very little about Miranda Divine, so I can't really comment, dear.

Do not others wear their lack of tintedness on their sleeve? If the tinted can, why can't the others?

I don't like Islam at all, not even a little bit. I do hold people separate from their beliefs. You can choose to accept that or not and they are not even all tinted!

Muslims are all tinted, Setanta. They have always been tinted. Their very purpose is to be tinted. Always, absolutely, never ever - on stilts.

Haven't you read FD and the old boy's posts? Well, FD got it from the old boy, and more recently, Herbie.

At least Herbie admits he's a jolly old Nazi from Stormfront. The old boy pretends he's Voltairean, can you believe it? I might not agree with what you have to say...

FD usually just goes along with them. So have you of late, Setanta. If you don't mind me asking, what changed your mind?

You're totally unwilling to accept that any opposition or criticism of Yas in anything other than her being a tinted muslim woman. There are many good people who disagree with her and you're tarring them all as racist.

Well done. How many people that you tar as a racist say fuggit, in for a penny in for a pound? I've also noticed Set has become more direct in his criticism of Islam.

No no, I'm quite willing to discuss Yassmin's points. I've clarified some here in an attempt to do so. No one actually wants to discuss them. The criticism of Yassmin comes down to the fact that she's a Muslim - that's it. Ask Setanta, ask FD.

For you, yes, it's about tintedness. You spend your time here starting threads on Lebs, Boongs, Curries and Jiggaboos. Your motivation to "criticise" Yassmin is specifically about her race and religion, which for [/b]you, are interchangeable.

No worries, you can still address Yassmin's points, and I look forward to you doing so. To date, every  presenter have in common Karnal?

The only reason you're suggesting she's anti-Australian is she's tinted.

It goes back to going ballistic at Lambie on Q&A and the muslim feminist comment.

Good point. You could see Yassmin struggling to keep her cool during Lambie's ridiculous assertions. At one point, Lambie tried to justify her comment that Sharia is all about terrorism. Then she went into Islam is all about women's suppression.

You would expect Yassmin to take issue with this, given her status as a Muslim women's "ambassador". She also knows something about the subject, given her part in the Islamic community. She did not only state that Islam is the most feminist of religions. She went on to say why.

The why is more important than the slogan, and this is what is meant by having a critical discussion. We don't have the right to free speech just to hurl silly insults at people about their arses or clits. We have this right to persuade people about our beliefs and fill them in on information beyond the headlines and slogans.

This is what those in the Enlightenment really meant by freedom of speech. FD will tell you free speech is about the right to dumb things down, but this is not what those who came up with this right meant by it.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:07pm

Saying the most feminist comment was pure defence Karnal . There is no fact in that whatsoever. The Islamic world subjugates women. Blind defence didn't help her public personer. It showed viewers that she doesn't hold common ground and is fiercely Islamic fullstop. Sharia is full of things that rip off women and Lambie was right to condemn it.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:11pm

Gordon wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 1:46pm:
Quote:
She did, however, Tweet about her newfound understanding of other rejected people's plights.

For you, yes, it's about tintedness. You spend your time here starting threads on Lebs, Boongs, Curries and Jiggaboos. Your motivation to "criticise" Yassmin is specifically about her race and religion, which for you, are interchangeable.

No worries, you can still address Yassmin's points, and I look forward to you doing so. To date, every time we've raised them, certain people run away.

Sure, I hate her solely because she's an ugly tinted bint, that goes without say, but when others here post perfectly acceptable opinions about what she says, if you happen disagree with their reasoning, you reach for the tinted comment. You're sucking the middle ground out of the debate.

Keep going tho, you're doing my work for me.

I'm hardly trying to suck the middle ground out of the debate here, dear. I just offered you the opportunity to read what Yasmin actually said and come back with a critical response. I've even posted this for you in the relevant threads on this topic and added my own views, you only have to read.

The fact that your motivation here is about race is no reason for you to stop reading, thinking of discussing. You can still have an intelligent discussion, and sometimes you do.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:13pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:07pm:
Saying the most feminist comment was pure defence Karnal . There is no fact in that whatsoever. The Islamic world subjugates women. Blind defence didn't help her public personer. It showed viewers that she doesn't hold common ground and is fiercely Islamic fullstop. Sharia is full of things that rip off women and Lambie was right to condemn it.

Of course it's pure defence. She's defending her religion from someone who knows nothing at all about it, but feels compelled to condemn it.

Remind you of anyone, Homo?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #98 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:23pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:13pm:

Of course it's pure defence. She's defending her religion from someone who knows nothing at all about it, but feels compelled to condemn it.

So you believe Lambie was out of line to condemn Sharia and Yasmin's retort was correct?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #99 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:28pm

Quote:
So you believe Lambie was out of line to condemn Sharia.........

From what I recall of that programme, it was abundantly clear that Lambie did not have a clue what Sharia was/is.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #100 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:31pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:23pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:13pm:

So you believe Lambie was out of line to condemn Sharia and Yasmin's retort was correct?

Of course, and I've already told you why. Lambie thinks sharia law is about stoning people to death. Yassmin thinks it's a personal code of conduct and prayer.

Which makes more sense to you - immigrants lobbying to enshrine beheading and stoning in Australian law, or people quietly following their religious practices?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #101 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:32pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:28pm:
Quote:

From what I recall of that programme, it was abundantly clear that Lambie did not have a clue what Sharia was/is.

Observe.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #102 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:33pm

Quote:

She probably doesn't know the full ins and outs of it but anybody can get an outline of it. It's all on the internet. I know the basics of it and it overwhelmingly backs men. It's a fact. Divorce laws, inheritance laws, social laws, family laws etc etc etc. I needs to be condemned and Yassmin didn't have the guts to do it on a platform. Yassmin is purely one sided.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #103 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:34pm

Quote:

She made that clear when a journalist asked her the question. She should have gone away and read up on it after she got so tongue-tied.

Instead, she happily went onto Q&A with a Muslim on the panel as dumb as she was before.

And Yassmin Abdel-Magied is supposed to be the lightweight?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #104 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:36pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:32pm:
Quote:

Observe.

I love it when Yasmin runs out of examples as to how Sharia benefits women. And Yassmin is wrong saying that faith and Sharia are separate. That's an out and out lie.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Send Topic Print