Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Send Topic Print
Yassmin Abdel-Magied Slags on ANZACs again (Read 6902 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Yassmin Abdel-Magied Slags on ANZACs again
Reply #120 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 7:16pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 3:03pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 3:02pm:
Women's testimony is no longer half of a man's. This changed in accordance with female property rights.

If that was the case in family law, women would be overruled immediately.

It depends on the country.

Does it Now?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #121 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 7:17pm

red baron wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 3:22pm:
All this crap about some woman named Yassmin  - care factor zero

Next Wednesday I will don my medals and go and march in the Anzac Day March

I will attend the ceremony following where we remember the sacrifices of our sons and daughters in time of War

For those who served and are still alive, we will celebrate the strong bond of comradeship and 'looking out for your mates' in times of danger

Anzac  Day doesn't glorify War, it deplores War but remembers the sacrifices of those who served

Right on, Red.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #122 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 7:18pm

freediver wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 6:34pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 12:51pm:
Quote:
So Aussie agrees with her and thinks she is 100% on the money. But he also thinks she is wrong. But he rejects my opinion that she is wrong. Does Aussie even know what he is talking about?

Is there a Rule here about misquoting people?  I never said that I think she is 100% on the money.  I have said I disagree with her opinion on the Muslim/most feminine statement.  Yes, I reject your opinion she is wrong, because she is not.  She is entitled to her opinion (which I disagree with) ~ you are entitled to your opinion of her opinion.  She is quite right to state her opinion.  Nothing 'wrong' with that.

Aussie wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 9:04pm:
Garbage....what she said was 100% on the money.  A better mind than mine has expressed it.  I agree with her and Flanagan completely.  You, FD or anyone else here do not come close.

In Relationships.  (And that is where I'll duke this out with anyone.)

Link.

Aussie, you also said you reject my view that she was wrong about Islam being the most feminine religion. Can you get your story straight? How does being entitled to your opinion change whether you are right or wrong?

Quote:
No no, I'm quite willing to discuss Yassmin's points. I've clarified some here in an attempt to do so. No one actually wants to discuss them. The criticism of Yassmin comes down to the fact that she's a Muslim - that's it. Ask Setanta, ask FD.

By discussing it, do you mean endlessley spewing idotic misrepresentations of what others say and expecting them to correct you over and over again?

Quote:
Which makes more sense to you - immigrants lobbying to enshrine beheading and stoning in Australian law, or people quietly following their religious practices?

Since when do Muslims make sense?

Abu thought Shariah law was about stoning unfaithful child brides to death.

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:43pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:36pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:33pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:28pm:
Quote:
So you believe Lambie was out of line to condemn Sharia.........

From what I recall of that programme, it was abundantly clear that Lambie did not have a clue what Sharia was/is.

She probably doesn't know the full ins and outs of it but anybody can get an outline of it. It's all on the internet. I know the basics of it and it overwhelmingly backs men. It's a fact. Divorce laws, inheritance laws, social laws, family laws etc etc etc. I needs to be condemned and Yassmin didn't have the guts to do it on a platform. Yassmin is purely one sided.

Which aspects of sharia are you talking about, Homo? I'm curious.

Under sharia's civil code, a woman's testimony is worth half of a man's.

A man can divorce his wife by repudiation, whereas a woman must give justifications, some of which are difficult to prove.

Child custody reverts to the father at a preset age; women who remarry lose custody of their children even before then; and sons inherit twice the share of daughters

very feminist indeed. want me to keep going?

Men can also slaughter the infidel for the purpose of capturing female sex slaves to breed the next generation of Islamic militants.

According to Abu, wives are to be treated no different to sex slaves.

Quote:
These are examples of past rulings. They are not inherent aspects of sharia law, which is basically a few imams with their Qurans and legal precedents trying to form a judgement.

So past rulings have nothing to do with shariah law, which is based instead on legal precedents? Are you sure you aren't a Muslim Karnal?

The strawberry pickers dilemma  Smiley

IBI

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #123 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 7:20pm

So....you back your question about when did Muslims ever make sense by referring to just ONE person who last posted here on the 1st December, 2012?

Quote:

I'd be interested to see the link to where you reckon he said that, Effendi given your penchant for completely misrepresenting what I, for example, have posted.

Further, is it correct that Shariah Law is about stoning unfaithful child brides to death?  If so or not....cite proof.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #124 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 7:20pm

freediver wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 6:34pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 12:51pm:
Quote:
So Aussie agrees with her and thinks she is 100% on the money. But he also thinks she is wrong. But he rejects my opinion that she is wrong. Does Aussie even know what he is talking about?

Is there a Rule here about misquoting people?  I never said that I think she is 100% on the money.  I have said I disagree with her opinion on the Muslim/most feminine statement.  Yes, I reject your opinion she is wrong, because she is not.  She is entitled to her opinion (which I disagree with) ~ you are entitled to your opinion of her opinion.  She is quite right to state her opinion.  Nothing 'wrong' with that.

Aussie wrote on Apr 19th, 2018 at 9:04pm:
Garbage....what she said was 100% on the money.  A better mind than mine has expressed it.  I agree with her and Flanagan completely.  You, FD or anyone else here do not come close.

In Relationships.  (And that is where I'll duke this out with anyone.)

Link.

Aussie, you also said you reject my view that she was wrong about Islam being the most feminine religion. Can you get your story straight? How does being entitled to your opinion change whether you are right or wrong?

Quote:
No no, I'm quite willing to discuss Yassmin's points. I've clarified some here in an attempt to do so. No one actually wants to discuss them. The criticism of Yassmin comes down to the fact that she's a Muslim - that's it. Ask Setanta, ask FD.

By discussing it, do you mean endlessley spewing idotic misrepresentations of what others say and expecting them to correct you over and over again?

Quote:
Which makes more sense to you - immigrants lobbying to enshrine beheading and stoning in Australian law, or people quietly following their religious practices?

Since when do Muslims make sense?

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:43pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:36pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:33pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 2:28pm:
Quote:
So you believe Lambie was out of line to condemn Sharia.........

From what I recall of that programme, it was abundantly clear that Lambie did not have a clue what Sharia was/is.

She probably doesn't know the full ins and outs of it but anybody can get an outline of it. It's all on the internet. I know the basics of it and it overwhelmingly backs men. It's a fact. Divorce laws, inheritance laws, social laws, family laws etc etc etc. I needs to be condemned and Yassmin didn't have the guts to do it on a platform. Yassmin is purely one sided.

Which aspects of sharia are you talking about, Homo? I'm curious.

Under sharia's civil code, a woman's testimony is worth half of a man's.

A man can divorce his wife by repudiation, whereas a woman must give justifications, some of which are difficult to prove.

Child custody reverts to the father at a preset age; women who remarry lose custody of their children even before then; and sons inherit twice the share of daughters

very feminist indeed. want me to keep going?

Men can also slaughter the infidel for the purpose of capturing female sex slaves to breed the next generation of Islamic militants.

According to Abu, wives are to be treated no different to sex slaves.

Quote:
These are examples of past rulings. They are not inherent aspects of sharia law, which is basically a few imams with their Qurans and legal precedents trying to form a judgement.

So past rulings have nothing to do with shariah law, which is based instead on legal precedents? Are you sure you aren't a Muslim Karnal?

As Falah generously said, FD, we're all Muslims.

Can you name a jurisdiction or court where a woman's testimony is worth half a man's?

Cheers.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 7:48pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 7:16pm:
Women's testimony is no longer half of a man's. This changed in accordance with female property rights.

Does it Now?

The scale goes from slightly sexist to barbaric depending on how bad the craphole is.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #126 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 8:09pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 7:20pm:
So....you back your question about when did Muslims ever make sense by referring to just ONE person who last posted here on the 1st December, 2012?

Quote:

I'd be interested to see the link to where you reckon he said that, Effendi given your penchant for completely misrepresenting what I, for example, have posted.

Further, is it correct that Shariah Law is about stoning unfaithful child brides to death?  If so or not....cite proof.

Here is two from Malik:

Malik Shakur wrote on Jul 4th, 2008 at 5:45pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 4th, 2008 at 2:43pm:
What is the penalty for extramarital sex?

Adultery is death by stoning and fornication is 100 lashes

Malik Shakur wrote on Jul 20th, 2008 at 11:21pm:
I never said Iran is an Islamic state, however if these women are guilty of their crimes of adultery, incest and prostitution and it could be proven with eye witness accounts then they certainly are liable for death by stoning as a punishment. Islam forbids these behaviours and I'm not going to apologize for that. I will mention however, as you are VERY well aware, that men are also liable for sucha a punishment if found to be committing the same crimes.

Stop trying to make it look like women only have these punishments.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #127 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 8:17pm

Actually stoning comes from jewish/arab cultural beliefs, not a word about stoning in the quran, just the bible and torah.

God I despise religion, it is evil.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #128 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 8:22pm

Abu.....Effendi.....Abu.

And.....no apology for lying about the context of what I posted?  Not even an acknowledgement that you did?

And....where is the citation....the proof about this adultery/stoning business.  Is it in the Bible?

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #129 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 8:32pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 8:22pm:
Abu.....Effendi.....Abu.

And.....no apology for lying about the context of what I posted?  Not even an acknowledgement that you did?

And....where is the citation....the proof about this adultery/stoning business.  Is it in the Bible?

Wow, more mental midgetry from the conveyancy, cabbie.

I will try and convey an idea into your 6 volt system of an idea box,

"Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone."

Any bulbs ligtin' up dere boyo?

(Hint, It were Geebus)

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #130 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 8:37pm

mozzaok wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 8:32pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 8:22pm:
Abu.....Effendi.....Abu.

Wow, more mental midgetry from the conveyancy, cabbie.

I will try and convey an idea into your 6 volt system of an idea box,

"Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone."

Any bulbs ligtin' up dere boyo?

(Hint, It were Geebus)

Mozzaok....if I were you, I'd be the last person to be talking about 'mental midgetry.'  Really!

And.....I'll land my fish my way despite you trying to help the helpless.

You are telling me nothing I am not well aware of.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #131 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 9:23pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 12:53am:
So have you of late, Setanta. If you don't mind me asking, what changed your mind?

My mind hasn't changed K. I've never liked Islam, I still hold people separate from their religion, good people can follow bad ideologies. When you see me pay out on "Muslims" as a group of people rather than taking them individually, then you may ask me what changed my mind. On the other hand I have seen ideologies influence good people to bad ideas. I worked in a Christian Community School for almost 18 years. It's hard for good people to "revolt" when their innate goodness is at odds with their scriptures and the pressure of their church, it becomes a tough choice.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #132 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 9:36pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 7:48pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 7:16pm:

Does it Now?

The scale goes from slightly sexist to barbaric depending on how bad the craphole is.

A scale, eh?

Cunning.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #133 - Apr 20th, 2018 at 9:42pm

Setanta wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 9:23pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 20th, 2018 at 12:53am:
So have you of late, Setanta. If you don't mind me asking, what changed your mind?

My mind hasn't changed K. I've never liked Islam, I still hold people separate from their religion, good people can follow bad ideologies. When you see me pay out on "Muslims" as a group of people rather than taking them individually, then you may ask me what changed my mind. On the other hand I have seen ideologies influence good people to bad ideas. I worked in a Christian Community School for almost 18 years. It's hard for good people to "revolt" when their innate goodness is at odds with their scriptures and the pressure of their church, it becomes a tough choice.

Agreed. I've seen good people here turn to the ideology of wacism. Not only did they become angry almost overnight, they lost their sense of humour and all ability to reason. It's as if they lost an entire part of their mind.

Good? Bad? I don't know, but they weren't very easy to get along with after they changed their minds.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #134 - Apr 21st, 2018 at 2:45pm

It's no lecture Karnal but with some of the sh.t written on this post I thought it time to reflect the core values of ANZAC

So many people now just see it as a chance to have a knees up on a Public Holiday

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
Send Topic Print