Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Pandoras Box: Israel Folau V Free Speech (Read 2246 times)
TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Pandoras Box: Israel Folau V Free Speech
Apr 18th, 2018 at 5:43pm

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Pandoras Box: Israel Folau V Free Speech
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 5:54pm

Nigel Owens needs to eat some cement and harden up. Not everybody thinks the same.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 6:00pm

We speak to God in the halls of parliament and they change the law to gay marriage based on a non-binding postal survey: that is very very very strange stuff !

The rugby were very careful to make sure they won't the first fascists to curtail the idea of free speech but yet when the postal survey was on the NO vote weren't allwed to say anything and that, as we both know, is a pure fact!

THE HYPOCRISY IS WRIT LARGE IN THIS VERY CASE!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Wink

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 6:06pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 6:00pm:
We speak to God in the halls of parliament and they change the law to gay marriage based on a non-binding postal survey: that is very very very strange stuff !

The rugby were very careful to make sure they won't the first fascists to curtail the idea of free speech but yet when the postal survey was on the NO vote weren't allwed to say anything and that, as we both know, is a pure fact!

People are way too sensitive these days AJBT. I'm an atheist and I'm sure Falou thinks I'm going to hell but I don't give a crap.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 6:15pm

Is Israel Folau a Muslim?

Jez axing.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 8:33pm

Anyone who gets all hysterical about what other people say will happen to them after they die needs to harden up. I think Israel is onto a winner here. I saw an article on the ABC online today still desperately scrabbling for some kind of moral wrong Israel committed.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #6 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 8:44pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 6:06pm:

People are way too sensitive these days AJBT. I'm an atheist and I'm sure Falou thinks I'm going to hell but I don't give a crap.

It isn't Falou - he is just quoting the scriptures that all Christians supposedly believe.

Freedom of religion means that he is entitled to have this belief irrespective of how silly the rest of us think it is.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #7 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 8:51pm

What's worst is that Bernadi defended Folau's comments.

How unacceptable!

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 8:58pm

Auggie wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 8:51pm:
What's worst is that Bernadi defended Folau's comments.

How unacceptable!

Yes they should remain silent just like most were when Anthony Mundine said gays should be executed, where was the outrage over Mundines comments?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #9 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 9:35pm

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 9:41pm

The left wing have truly lost the plot, A Black Christian, posts that his faith says that homosexuality is a sin that results in the sinner going to hell.

Hardly a newsflash, that one has been out in book form for over three thousand years I think.

The shamelessly brazen double standards on display is simply breathtaking.

If it had been some Ali OopsInearlytoldthetruthaheed, they would have been falling over themselves to provide excuses and justifications for why he would say such a thing, but much more importantly, how crucial it is for our social cohesion to have the rest of us, respect his cultural and religious right to express such deeply held principles, in our free and fair society.

When Christopher Hitchens asked Waleed Aly to share his beliefs on homosexuality as a modern, progressive muslim man, how he responded was very enlightening, because firstly when he refused to say what he believed, and then later when he'd composed a suitable obfuscation he was happy with.

I was disgusted to see him blatantly lie about what Islam is, with his saying something along the lines of, Islam is not about rules, but rather it is an ongoing conversation.

I have had ZERO respect for him since that night, and keenly point out if he is the best and brightest of the modern, progressive muslim, then I want nothing to do with them.

They do not say what they mean, and they do not mean what they say, unless emboldened to let down their guard whilst amidst a hate spewing mob.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 10:09pm

...and yet Mr Folau did a year of 'Gay'FL.

Maybe he's a bit bitter that he didn't even scratch the surface in the BIG/FAST Man's game?
Then again, when has any 'yellow pineapple Polynesian' been able to crack it in AFL in any great way?
Grin

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #12 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 1:37am

Not even an issue - he is entitled to his opinion - and others are entitled to theirs, and I see no argument here.

Adios, Muchachos...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 11:10am

Unforgiven wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 6:15pm:
Is Israel Folau a Muslim?

Jez axing.

Why do you have to ask?

You should know ..... you're a fargin knowall.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #14 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 11:23am

While i think gay marriage is a good thing so "spouses" can get their rights, i do think that some other force has caused our government to allow it. Perhaps the UN putting on the pressure? I dont know but it came out of left field when it came.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print