Send Topic Print
Yassmin v Anzac Day (Read 1599 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Yassmin v Anzac Day
Reply #30 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 5:13pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 5:05pm:
Muslim activist Yassmin Abdel-Magied has once again put the plight of refugees at Manus Island in the spotlight with a controversial Twitter post on the day Australia marks the end of World War and honours those who gave their lives for the country.
The former ABC host took to social media on Saturday with a post using Remembrance Day phrase ‘Lest We Forget’ alongside the word ‘Manus’ in brackets.
The tweet is a near re-run of a Facebook post made by the social commentator on Anzac Day this year that received a slew of racial attacks and prompted calls for Ms Abdel-Magied to leave Australia.
At the time, Ms Abdel-Magied responded to accusations she was being “un-Australian” by deleting the Anzac Day post and issuing an apology.
“It was brought to my attention that my last post was disrespectful, and for that, I apologised unreservedly,” she said at the time.
The second ‘Manus’ post on Saturday’s day of Remembrance received close to 400 comments, was liked more than 5000 times and retweeted by almost 2000 people.
Ms Abdel-Magied was applauded by some of her followers for her “bravery”, while others were confused as to why she was once again raising asylum-seeker politics on a day of commemoration after facing such intense scrutiny earlier in the year.
“Did this disrespectful woman not learn the first time she made a disparaging tweet?” one Twitter user commented on the post.
The New Daily has sought comment from Ms Abdel-Magied.

I could not care less about some schmedia twitter crap.  I have never seen anyone explain it better than I did today when I saw the National Press Club speaker refer to this matter.  He verbalised my views very accurately, and when the transcript becomes available (hopefully tomorrow) I shall quote from it.  It was brilliant erudite stuff from a very smart writer and commentator.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #31 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 5:21pm

Looking forward to it Aussie!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 5:38pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 5:13pm:
Muslim activist Yassmin Abdel-Magied has once again put the plight of refugees at Manus Island in the spotlight with a controversial Twitter post on the day Australia marks the end of World War and honours those who gave their lives for the country.
The former ABC host took to social media on Saturday with a post using Remembrance Day phrase ‘Lest We Forget’ alongside the word ‘Manus’ in brackets.
The tweet is a near re-run of a Facebook post made by the social commentator on Anzac Day this year that received a slew of racial attacks and prompted calls for Ms Abdel-Magied to leave Australia.
At the time, Ms Abdel-Magied responded to accusations she was being “un-Australian” by deleting the Anzac Day post and issuing an apology.
“It was brought to my attention that my last post was disrespectful, and for that, I apologised unreservedly,” she said at the time.
The second ‘Manus’ post on Saturday’s day of Remembrance received close to 400 comments, was liked more than 5000 times and retweeted by almost 2000 people.
Ms Abdel-Magied was applauded by some of her followers for her “bravery”, while others were confused as to why she was once again raising asylum-seeker politics on a day of commemoration after facing such intense scrutiny earlier in the year.
“Did this disrespectful woman not learn the first time she made a disparaging tweet?” one Twitter user commented on the post.

I could not care less about some schmedia twitter crap.  I have never seen anyone explain it better than I did today when I saw the National Press Club speaker refer to this matter.  He verbalised my views very accurately, and when the transcript becomes available (hopefully tomorrow) I shall quote from it.  It was brilliant erudite stuff from a very smart writer and commentator.
Anti war comment??? All the people defending her are probably using that lie.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #33 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 5:43pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 5:38pm:

Do you really believe that 'Lest we forget' is a pro War comment/sentiment?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 5:47pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 5:43pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 5:38pm:

Do you really believe that 'Lest we forget' is a pro War comment/sentiment?

In the ANZAC Day context yes. In Yassmin's context -NO.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #35 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 6:05pm

Have I understood you correctly?  You believe that the expression 'Lest we forget' is PRO War in ANY context?

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 6:08pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 6:05pm:
Have I understood you correctly/  You believe that the expression 'Lest we forget' is PRO War in ANY context?

In the ANZAC Day context it's saying- don't forget the horrors of war or we'll continue to have war. In Yassmin's context it's saying - don't forget how you treated asylum seekers aussies. Different meanings.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #37 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 6:14pm

IMAGE....

“Lest we forget (Manus,

Nauru, Syria, Palestine)”
   !!!!!!

i.e.       It is moslems everywhere who are 'victims',            and it is they, who are being 'persecuted' daily.....

By Australians, and by Jews.

That is the 'point' which Yassmin Abdel-Magied was seeking 'magnify' and convey, in her FB post.

IMAGE....

Lest we forget you Yassmin.

LEST WE FORGET, Yassmin.

IMAGE.....

Melbourne, 6 Australians dead.

An atrocity, committed by a 'Greek' person claiming that...

"Muslim faith is the correct faith according to the whole world.....

And I am not guilty."

.....n.b.        the moslem who did this, considers himself to be a virtuous person.

LEST WE FORGET, Yassmin.

IMAGE...

It is moslems everywhere who are 'victims',
and it is they, who are being 'persecuted'.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #38 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 6:14pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 6:08pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 6:05pm:
Have I understood you correctly/  You believe that the expression 'Lest we forget' is PRO War in ANY context?

In the ANZAC Day context it's saying- don't forget the horrors of war or we'll continue to have war. In Yassmin's context it's saying - don't forget how you treated asylum seekers aussies. Different meanings.

No, exactly the same meaning.  Exactly the same. You just don't like having to confront......truth.

Those asylum seekers, 'Lest we Forget' them, are victims of the very 'War' the expression enshrines.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #39 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 6:18pm

Yadda...yes.....the expression is a direct reference to those who suffered and died in Wars......all Wars.

Do you agree?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 6:20pm

TheFunPolice wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 5:06pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 4:52pm:
Quote:
Hard line lefties and minorities hate seeing the white majority being nationalistic and proud. It makes them feel out of place and inferior. It goes against their ideas of multiculturalism. Every year is the same. Yassmin did it on ANZAC Day because she has hang ups with white Australia.

Her comments 'Lest we forget Manus" etc are neither left nor right and are not making anyone fell out of place or inferior.....(unless they are of feeble mind and character.)  They had nothing to do with multiculturalism, or a hang up.  I endorse what she said completely.  I wish I had said it.

To say it on Anzac Day is totally in context.

In fact, this year, I'll repeat it on here again....as those poor bastards are still stuck in those two Hell holes.

She's being deliberately inflammatory to all Australians: she can ferk orf to somewhereelse if she wants to get all preachy to me!

Would it be okay if she was white, Death?

I'm curious.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 6:23pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 3:20pm:
Well, Anzac Day is approaching and I want to duke it out with anyone who wants to condemn her concerning her 'Lest we Forget' comment.

I reckon they were totally appropriate and not in any way disrespectful of Anzac Day.  If anything, what she said honoured the Anzacs.

Bloody oath. Men like me fought the commos to keep our right to say this stuff. I don't care if the Muslim bint is tinted.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #42 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 7:45am

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 4:40pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 4:37pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 4:28pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 4:25pm:
This is only about that comment:

Quote:
But it wasn't just about the comment. It's her.

What was so wrong about her making it and using that expression "Lest we forget...." etc.  I say it was totally appropriate and used in completely relevant context.

Do you agree?

Because it was a shot at aussies on ANZAC Day. That's what it was. You are looking at it as something that it is not.

No, it was not.  It was invoking an Anzac Spirit to not forget the poor bastards, the victims of War, stuck in Hell holes like Manus and Nauru.  It was used in honour of the expression, not abuse of it, or disrespect of it.  Quite the opposite.  She was harnessing its gravitas quite relevantly.

'Lest we forget' those who suffered and died as a consequence of War.....and that includes people made to suffer some more by Australians in schitt holes of our creation.

Why did she do it on ANZAC Day of all days then? I have a pretty good idea. Hard line lefties and minorities hate seeing the white majority being nationalistic and proud. It makes them feel out of place and inferior. It goes against their ideas of multiculturalism. Every year is the same. Yassmin did it on ANZAC Day because she has hang ups with white Australia.

Because that was when she had the opportunity? Those people that suffered and died in those australian concentration camps deserve to be remembered too.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #43 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 7:46am

TheFunPolice wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 5:03pm:

Quote:

What was so wrong about her making it and using that expression "Lest we forget...." etc.  I say it was totally appropriate and used in completely relevant context.

Do you agree?

Because it was a shot at aussies on ANZAC Day. That's what it was. You are looking at it as something that it is not.

No, it was not.  It was invoking an Anzac Spirit to not forget the poor bastards, the victims of War, stuck in Hell holes like Manus and Nauru.  It was used in honour of the expression, not abuse of it, or disrespect of it.  Quite the opposite.  She was harnessing its gravitas quite relevantly.

'Lest we forget' those who suffered and died as a consequence of War.....and that includes people made to suffer some more by Australians in schitt holes of our creation.

She is the problem: the context in which the comment was made was the fact it was from her mouth and she had tried to defend the morals of our enemy.

People didn't like her invoking the ANZACs as we all, as Australian, feel not enough people respect the fact that our families died at war.

If she had not, then her comments would have been fine. Actually, possibly not even then.

To invoke the ANZACS you want to make damn sure you've got your nose clean and she hasn't!

Our enemy? Who is our enemy? The asylum seekers? Really?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Apr 19th, 2018 at 9:29am

TheFunPolice wrote on Apr 18th, 2018 at 5:03pm:

Quote:

Do you agree?

She is the problem: the context in which the comment was made was the fact it was from her mouth and she had tried to defend the morals of our enemy.

WTF?

When did she do that?

What enemy?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print