Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Cwlth Games closing fiasco Qld - pathetic (Read 774 times)
Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Re: Cwlth Games closing fiasco Qld - pathetic
Reply #15 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 2:10pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 7:14pm:
red baron wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 7:04pm:
Good on you Peter Beattie you know as much about running the Commonwealth Games as you know about the Cronulla SHARKS; are you useless at everything?

Last night's closing of the Commonwealth Games in which the competing athletes were not featured was farcical

By half way through the ceremony much of the attending audience had left

Who gives a continental about singers. This was supposed to be a celebration of the competition and friendship of the athletes

They were shut out of the telecast

An utter disgrace, hang your heads in shame Queensland

I don't 'get' it Mr Baron.  We have a 'Sports' Section here and even a Thread about exactly the same issue.

Link.

You are parotting what has already been said.

Red Baron is auditioning for a position as a ventriloquists dummy. He has the credentials being an ex-copper with limited vocabulary.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #16 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 4:40pm

Hmmmmmmm!!  Maybe Ch 7 is not as pure as the driven snow it claims to be.

Link.

Quote:
Channel Seven aired My Kitchen Rules rather than a pre-Commonwealth Games closing ceremony honouring athletes because it was concerned about ratings, according to a leading media analyst.
Australian athletes enter the stadium before the start of the Commonwealth Games closing ceremony

Steve Allen from Fusion Strategy said he believed it was the right decision, and that it would have been "locked in" weeks earlier to maintain the network's ratings edge over Channel Nine.

"It was kind of a commercial imperative from the way we see what they were doing strategically," Mr Allen said.

"Nine really bested them from the start of the year — first in February with Married at First Sight — and it depressed the ratings of My Kitchen Rules (MKR).

"Nine was launching on the Sunday night with The Voice, regardless of what Seven was doing.

"That was slotted in some time ago, so whether they put the athletes walk in, or whether they put MKR on, Seven had to think carefully about their strategy and their ratings prospects."

Mr Allen said while Seven won ratings gold during the Games, it could have lost out big time by postponing MKR's relaunch to Monday night.

"I think that is some of the choice they made. They said 'right, we know we are going to have a strong lead-in in ratings from the Gold Medal Group two-hour special at 4:00pm. It will lead into our news, we will have a strong news, we have had that all the way through the Commonwealth Games. We will lead straight out of that into MKR, we will revive the ratings of MKR'," he said.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 4:42pm

I found it an amazing commonwealth games. I find it amazing that the roaches have all crawled out of wheelie bin to bag it for what channel 7 did.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #18 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 3:03pm

Read somewhere today that the singers in the Closing Ceremony were not paid.  Mind you, they were not relevant really, but....they did what was asked of them, and to NOT PAY them??????

Angry

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #19 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 4:24pm

Jasin wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 7:08pm:
This is the Wankerr Flag of Australia.
Especially in the hands of its males.  Grin Grin

Um, what country are you from?

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print