Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Uber hides its rapes!
Apr 14th, 2018 at 8:17pm

Arseholes!

Link.

Quote:
Uber, however, has filed a motion arguing that the riders agreed to privately arbitrate all disputes when they signed up for the ride-share service and thus have no right to file a lawsuit.

Pricks.  Nothing like that in the Cab Industry.

Angry

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: Uber hides its rapes!
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 8:21pm

And dropping. 

A $530,000 Qld taxi licence is now worth less than $150,000: cabbies

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/a-530-000-queensland-cab-licence-is-now-worth-under-150-000-cabbies-20170921-p4yw1g.html

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 8:22pm

Hey Aussie, ina few years you'll be able to trade your cab license for a punnet of strawberries

IBI

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 2:04pm

Thats all part of the gig economy

The companies ruling the gig economy say they bring the flexibility to work whenever you like. Critics — which include many of those working for the companies — argue that not only do workers lack protection and fair pay, but the roles aren't as flexible as they seem, as workers are incentivised or pressured to work when the companies need them.

On top of that, workers aren't paid benefits such as holiday or sick pay, and reports suggest some aren't making minimum wage. A recent one by MP Frank Field suggested some gig economy workers pull in less than £2.50 an hour. That's legally possible because gig workers aren't seen by the companies they work for as employees but contractors — though a court ruling against Uber disagreed with that claim last year.
http://www.wired.co.uk/article/what-is-the-gig-economy-meaning-definition-why-is...

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 2:07pm

The_Barnacle wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 2:04pm:

The companies ruling the gig economy say they bring the flexibility to work whenever you like. Critics — which include many of those working for the companies — argue that not only do workers lack protection and fair pay, but the roles aren't as flexible as they seem, as workers are incentivised or pressured to work when the companies need them.

On top of that, workers aren't paid benefits such as holiday or sick pay, and reports suggest some aren't making minimum wage. A recent one by MP Frank Field suggested some gig economy workers pull in less than £2.50 an hour. That's legally possible because gig workers aren't seen by the companies they work for as employees but contractors — though a court ruling against Uber disagreed with that claim last year.
http://www.wired.co.uk/article/what-is-the-gig-economy-meaning-definition-why-is...

Yes....slave labour, and the slaves are not aware until after they do their sums.

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #5 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 5:42pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 2:07pm:
The_Barnacle wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 2:04pm:

Yes....slave labour, and the slaves are not aware until after they do their sums.

On the Drum the other day, i  think it was, some loser suggested that uber was a true alternative and some other lady just laughed until she realised he was serious.

It was the other day... I think it was the Drum!(?????)

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #6 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 11:06am

I honestly believe that Uber probably started out as just a nice idea of creating a community "Ride Sharing" system, where some people could avoid the whole Million cars with one person in them sitting in a traffic jam all going to the city centre at the same time, problem.
I think they wanted to reduce carbon emissions and traffic congestion, both reasonable aims, and a side bonus was cost sharing the rides expenses.

Along come a few "business"minded shills who transform this little community ideal into an alternate taxi system, and uber "UBER" is born.

As soon as it was apparent that it was no longer a ride sharing service, but rather an unregulated, anti-competitive TAXI industry, it should have been shut down.

The devaluing of Taxi licenses by the government was absolutely obscene, unconscionable corruption, between corporatocracy and government.

That we would see problems arising like those pointed out by Aussie, was always predicted by the informed insiders of the Taxi industry, but as in every aspect of this ongoing shambles, the real experts were willfully ignored.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #7 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 3:04pm

mozzaok wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 11:06am:
I honestly believe that Uber probably started out as just a nice idea of creating a community "Ride Sharing" system, where some people could avoid the whole Million cars with one person in them sitting in a traffic jam all going to the city centre at the same time, problem.
I think they wanted to reduce carbon emissions and traffic congestion, both reasonable aims, and a side bonus was cost sharing the rides expenses.

Along come a few "business"minded shills who transform this little community ideal into an alternate taxi system, and uber "UBER" is born.

As soon as it was apparent that it was no longer a ride sharing service, but rather an unregulated, anti-competitive TAXI industry, it should have been shut down.

The devaluing of Taxi licenses by the government was absolutely obscene, unconscionable corruption, between corporatocracy and government.

That we would see problems arising like those pointed out by Aussie, was always predicted by the informed insiders of the Taxi industry, but as in every aspect of this ongoing shambles, the real experts were willfully ignored.

It's bigger than all of that!

It's a trumpet call heralding big brother: be warned
!

!

!

i

!

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #8 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 3:12pm

Taxi licenses were way too much anyway.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 3:23pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 3:12pm:

Spot

Really?

What were they Mr Borg?

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #10 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 3:49pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 3:23pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 3:12pm:

Spot

Really?

What were they Mr Borg?

Around 300k - why?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 4:12pm

No.....$530,000.00.  In Qld...market is/was set by Government.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #12 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 4:27pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 4:12pm:

Okay my information was old but its still too much - even more so

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #13 - Apr 16th, 2018 at 4:48pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 4:27pm:

Spot

As I said....in Qld, Government sets the market.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #14 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 1:05am

Aussie wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 4:48pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 4:27pm:

Spot

As I said....in Qld, Government sets the market.

God knows what they do in QLD, but in Victoria, it was the free market that saw Taxi Licences get to a huge sum, similar to what  QLD licences were. For a great many Taxi drivers it represented the sum value of their life's work, and their planned superannuation, to support themselves on when they retired.
What happened in Vic was the government created thousands of new licences and put them on the market for $20,000, which immediately devalued the savings of all the honest hard working Taxi drivers.

If any private person interfered so blatantly to affect market values, I am sure they would be guilty of some criminal behaviour , like insider trading or some such thing. I admit I am very poorly informed about business laws and such, and my assertion is based mostly upon the obvious moral turpitude that must rule to apply such unfair and iniquitous behavior, when carried out by a government on a small group of individuals.
The media campaign the government ran along with their act of bastardry was used to try and portray the Taxi drivers who had been so blatantly robbed as greedy whingers just jealous that they could not get a better deal when they bought their licences.
It was disgustingly shabby from beginning to end.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print