WE ARE BORG

Australia
Re: Uber hides its rapes!
Reply #15 - Apr 17th, 2018 at 6:16am

mozzaok wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 1:05am:
Aussie wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 4:48pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 4:27pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 4:12pm:
No.....$530,000.00.  In Qld...market is/was set by Government.

Okay my information was old but its still too much - even more so

Spot

As I said....in Qld, Government sets the market.

God knows what they do in QLD, but in Victoria, it was the free market that saw Taxi Licences get to a huge sum, similar to what  QLD licences were. For a great many Taxi drivers it represented the sum value of their life's work, and their planned superannuation, to support themselves on when they retired.
What happened in Vic was the government created thousands of new licences and put them on the market for $20,000, which immediately devalued the savings of all the honest hard working Taxi drivers.

If any private person interfered so blatantly to affect market values, I am sure they would be guilty of some criminal behaviour , like insider trading or some such thing. I admit I am very poorly informed about business laws and such, and my assertion is based mostly upon the obvious moral turpitude that must rule to apply such unfair and iniquitous behavior, when carried out by a government on a small group of individuals.
The media campaign the government ran along with their act of bastardry was used to try and portray the Taxi drivers who had been so blatantly robbed as greedy whingers just jealous that they could not get a better deal when they bought their licences.
It was disgustingly shabby from beginning to end.

Yeah I was talking about QLD and i think aussie knew that. The thing is you could buy a house (way out in the outer suburbs) for that. Its a lot of money. Like house prices, it will hurt some to bring the price down but it needs to be lowered.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #16 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 1:48pm

mozzaok wrote on Apr 17th, 2018 at 1:05am:
Aussie wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 4:48pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 4:27pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 16th, 2018 at 4:12pm:
No.....$530,000.00.  In Qld...market is/was set by Government.

Okay my information was old but its still too much - even more so

Spot

As I said....in Qld, Government sets the market.

God knows what they do in QLD, but in Victoria, it was the free market that saw Taxi Licences get to a huge sum, similar to what  QLD licences were. For a great many Taxi drivers it represented the sum value of their life's work, and their planned superannuation, to support themselves on when they retired.
What happened in Vic was the government created thousands of new licences and put them on the market for $20,000, which immediately devalued the savings of all the honest hard working Taxi drivers.

If any private person interfered so blatantly to affect market values, I am sure they would be guilty of some criminal behaviour , like insider trading or some such thing. I admit I am very poorly informed about business laws and such, and my assertion is based mostly upon the obvious moral turpitude that must rule to apply such unfair and iniquitous behavior, when carried out by a government on a small group of individuals.
The media campaign the government ran along with their act of bastardry was used to try and portray the Taxi drivers who had been so blatantly robbed as greedy whingers just jealous that they could not get a better deal when they bought their licences.
It was disgustingly shabby from beginning to end.

What is the gig-economy?

Roll Eyes

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

TheFunPolice
Gold Member

Australian Politics

waggawagga
Reply #17 - Apr 18th, 2018 at 1:52pm

The gig is up....  Shocked Shocked Shocked

......Australia has an illegitimate Government!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print